Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

new firmware solves it - Wrong altitude on Exif Information of my H520E and E90X (with work around by h-elsner!)

eggman how where your test flights on the new firmware you did. have you tried the new telemetry function on data pilot 2.0?
Test flights went off without a hitch. Looking at the telemetry now. No need to re-bind. Update fixed the elevation issue and added a few new features...like gyroscope calibration, auto-upload to Drone Logbook, new Create Plan options, and something called an Eagle Eye mission cloud bucket. Trying to figure out what that last one is still. Also noticed that the offline terrain files also work now.

My next question is whether I can delete the old version of DataPilot without screwing anything up. v1.7 still boots up automatically with Android and I've removed the program's default actions from the Android settings, but the remote still boots up to it, and there is no option to add v2.0 to the Home menu. It's easy enough to start v2.0, just have to remember to do that every time.

Drone Logbook data shows the telemetry is v1.7. Still checking those files out.

Last edited:
Test flights went off without a hitch. Looking at the telemetry now. No need to re-bind. Update fixed the elevation issue and added a few new features...like gyroscope calibration, auto-upload to Drone Logbook, new Create Plan options, and something called an Eagle Eye mission cloud bucket. Trying to figure out what that last one is still. Also noticed that the offline terrain files also work now.

My next question is whether I can delete the old version of DataPilot without screwing anything up. v1.7 still boots up automatically with Android and I've removed the program's default actions from the Android settings, but the remote still boots up to it, and there is no option to add v2.0 to the Home menu. It's easy enough to start v2.0, just have to remember to do that every time.

Drone Logbook data shows the telemetry is v1.7. Still checking those files out.
Support specifically told me to delete all other versions of Datapilot before putting the new one on.

So I think yes you can uninstall it :)

As for the automatic start, I can't help you.
When I tried it myself, the Autopilot 2.0 never started by itself.
Since I got the update now from Yuneec itself works anyway only I do not know how they did that. Sorry for that. (there are apps that start other apps automatically, but I don't think that's a good solution).

Reactions: Eggman
Thanks. I sent a ticket to Yuneec support. The European group answered it (I'm in the USA)?? Does the US support group even exist any longer? I've sent them several tickets in the last couple of weeks and this was the only one answered out of the group.

Anyways, they said that it was fine to delete the old version, and it was. I uninstalled it using the Android Apps setting. On reboot, the remote now shows the Android home page for a couple of seconds and then starts v2. Android's Home setting now also shows that the Launcher is set to start on boot, and it loads v2. A little different than the way the old version worked by booting right into the program. There is no option to add v2 to the Home setting, but no big deal, works just fine.

Last edited:
Reactions: Hypano
Thanks. I sent a ticket to Yuneec support. The European group answered it (I'm in the USA)?? Does the US support group even exist any longer? I've sent them several tickets in the last couple of weeks and this was the only one answered out of the group.

Anyways, they said that it was fine to delete the old version, and it was. I uninstalled it using the Android Apps setting. On reboot, the remote now shows the Android home page for a couple of seconds and then starts v2. Android's Home setting now also shows that the Launcher is set to start on boot, and it loads v2. A little different than the way the old version worked by booting right into the program. There is no option to add v2 to the Home setting, but no big deal, works just fine.
Also heard from Yuneec support on a follow up question that they are planning to release a new desktop version of DataPilot. They did not give a schedule.

well I may have even a bigger issue in the future. vertigo drones is trying to get yuneec to replace my unit at not cost with a working version. key word working version may or may not be a current updated firmware.

confirmed getting a complete replacement h520e e90 and st16e. waiting on shipment info. Time well tell what firmware it will have.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval