Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

new firmware solves it - Wrong altitude on Exif Information of my H520E and E90X (with work around by h-elsner!)

Solutions
Reaction score
Workaround: Wrong altitude on Exif Information of my H520E and E90X (with work around by h-elsner!) #47
Here it is with file name and file extension. When in the picture folder also other stills (i.e. from DJI) are in then they can excluded from outputlist by setting filter. The status bar shows now number of jpg files - number of datasets in the output file - text messages.

This can be a workaround if the user will take the same application like you for post processing. Here is a german and a english version.

Any comment is welcome.

br HE

EDIT:
After some tests it seems that the height in EXIF stores the comma one place too far left.
Once I adjusted the decimal point position manually with the program "EXIF Pilot", the photogrammetry results were more correct.

Before correction / After correction
RC Original Height.png / RC Changed heigt.png
(The orange lines are the errors visually displayed, beginning of the orange line are the data from EXIF, white point is the camera position calculated by the program)

ORIGINAL:
Hi,

as already written in the title ahbe I have wrong altitude data.

This is especially serious because the height is also apparently measured incorrectly.

For comparison I have flown a Mavic Mini which measures a height above sea level of ~ 450 meters with a height above ground between 12 and 25 meters (I don't remember exactly)
DJI.png

But my H520E with the E90X says in a range of 25-80 meters above the ground, only a height between 49 and 55 meters above sea level see pictures.
H520E 25 meters above ground
H520E 25 Meter.png
H520E 35+ meters above ground
H520E 35+ Meter.png
H520E 50+ meters above ground
H520E 50+ Meter.png
H520E 68+ meters above ground
H520E 68+ Meter.png

What can be the reason for this?
It is very critical because I need this data for correct 3D photogrammetry scans. But I don't know why this does not fit or how I can correct it. The main problem is also that the elevation data does not fit at all.

See here, the beginning of the orange line is what the GPS EXIF data says the other end (white point/camera) is the altitude that Reality Capture calculates to make sense.... but unfortunately there are often problems when it has to be "calculated" first
RC Kamera Alignment GPS Error.png

And these orange lines are actually "not normal" (at least they were almost never seen in such lengths on the Mavic Mini)
I hope you can help me in some way and adjusting every single image manually is not an option, because then I prefer to continue using the mini ....

Last edited:
Solution
Because of another problem, which you can see here, I had to send the drone in and it was replaced with a new one. (Update problem, defective USB socket).

In any case, whether it is because of the new drone or the now new firmware. The Exif information is now correct.

Autopilot 2.0 (new app in the Appstore) and new firmware.
EDIT:
I recommend you to try to update the drone first, before you update anything on the remote control (except autopilot because you need the new version).
That means try to update the drone first and if it doesn't...
Solutions
Reaction score
eggman how where your test flights on the new firmware you did. have you tried the new telemetry function on data pilot 2.0?
Test flights went off without a hitch. Looking at the telemetry now. No need to re-bind. Update fixed the elevation issue and added a few new features...like gyroscope calibration, auto-upload to Drone Logbook, new Create Plan options, and something called an Eagle Eye mission cloud bucket. Trying to figure out what that last one is still. Also noticed that the offline terrain files also work now.

My next question is whether I can delete the old version of DataPilot without screwing anything up. v1.7 still boots up automatically with Android and I've removed the program's default actions from the Android settings, but the remote still boots up to it, and there is no option to add v2.0 to the Home menu. It's easy enough to start v2.0, just have to remember to do that every time.

Drone Logbook data shows the telemetry is v1.7. Still checking those files out.

Last edited:
Solutions
Reaction score
Test flights went off without a hitch. Looking at the telemetry now. No need to re-bind. Update fixed the elevation issue and added a few new features...like gyroscope calibration, auto-upload to Drone Logbook, new Create Plan options, and something called an Eagle Eye mission cloud bucket. Trying to figure out what that last one is still. Also noticed that the offline terrain files also work now.

My next question is whether I can delete the old version of DataPilot without screwing anything up. v1.7 still boots up automatically with Android and I've removed the program's default actions from the Android settings, but the remote still boots up to it, and there is no option to add v2.0 to the Home menu. It's easy enough to start v2.0, just have to remember to do that every time.

Drone Logbook data shows the telemetry is v1.7. Still checking those files out.
Support specifically told me to delete all other versions of Datapilot before putting the new one on.

So I think yes you can uninstall it :)

As for the automatic start, I can't help you.
When I tried it myself, the Autopilot 2.0 never started by itself.
Since I got the update now from Yuneec itself works anyway only I do not know how they did that. Sorry for that. (there are apps that start other apps automatically, but I don't think that's a good solution).

Reactions: Eggman
Solutions
Reaction score
Thanks. I sent a ticket to Yuneec support. The European group answered it (I'm in the USA)?? Does the US support group even exist any longer? I've sent them several tickets in the last couple of weeks and this was the only one answered out of the group.

Anyways, they said that it was fine to delete the old version, and it was. I uninstalled it using the Android Apps setting. On reboot, the remote now shows the Android home page for a couple of seconds and then starts v2. Android's Home setting now also shows that the Launcher is set to start on boot, and it loads v2. A little different than the way the old version worked by booting right into the program. There is no option to add v2 to the Home setting, but no big deal, works just fine.

Last edited:
Reactions: Hypano
Solutions
Reaction score
Thanks. I sent a ticket to Yuneec support. The European group answered it (I'm in the USA)?? Does the US support group even exist any longer? I've sent them several tickets in the last couple of weeks and this was the only one answered out of the group.

Anyways, they said that it was fine to delete the old version, and it was. I uninstalled it using the Android Apps setting. On reboot, the remote now shows the Android home page for a couple of seconds and then starts v2. Android's Home setting now also shows that the Launcher is set to start on boot, and it loads v2. A little different than the way the old version worked by booting right into the program. There is no option to add v2 to the Home setting, but no big deal, works just fine.
Also heard from Yuneec support on a follow up question that they are planning to release a new desktop version of DataPilot. They did not give a schedule.

Reactions: Hypano
Reaction score
well I may have even a bigger issue in the future. vertigo drones is trying to get yuneec to replace my unit at not cost with a working version. key word working version may or may not be a current updated firmware.

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hanghoan