Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

AMA and AUVSI worth joining?

Reaction score
Hi folks,

As a new Yuneec Q500 drone pilot, I wanted to find out whether or not the drone model groups AMA and AUVSI are worth paying for a membership or not? The reason why I ask is that as a private pilot, I belong to AOPA which is worth the membership for pilot resources and the awesome pilot magazine.

Thanks!
Ben

Hi folks,

As a new Yuneec Q500 drone pilot, I wanted to find out whether or not the drone model groups AMA and AUVSI are worth paying for a membership or not? The reason why I ask is that as a private pilot, I belong to AOPA which is worth the membership for pilot resources and the awesome pilot magazine.

Thanks!
Ben
Your membership with AMA with give you insurance too! (For your UAS);)

Reactions: Mike_Flys
I have been a member of the AMA for years. Mainly for the insure when I flew Nitro .50 helicopters. Great organization and very happy to see them moving forward to cover drone recreational flights with their insurance.

They have a great magazine and you can get it in digital format.

Does AMA cover accidental insurance for fly away loss with the Yuneec drones? I've heard a lot of stories lately about that unfortunate matter and losing an expensive drone would suck.

Does AMA cover accidental insurance for fly away loss with the Yuneec drones? I've heard a lot of stories lately about that unfortunate matter and losing an expensive drone would suck.

Pretty sure they do not cover the drone. Their insurance is liability insurance in case you damage someones property or hurt someone with your drone.

Lots of Yuneec fly aways? Wow where are those posts? Haven't been hearing of Yuneec fly aways. I own a Q500 and an H. Even my DJI products some of which I have had for years only had one fly away and I can attribute that to something I did. Hundreds of flights only 1 fly away caused by me. Not saying it doesn't happen. Just seems like not that often.

There is nothing for you with AUVSI. The AMA is "iffy". You'll get a magazine every month and insurance coverage that probably won't do much if away from an AMA sanctioned flying field. The insurance is secondary to any other coverage you may have, like home owners insurance. There is some coverage for theft from a locked vehicle.

Reactions: uavpilotsd

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval