Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

AMantis q fly away..

Reaction score
I had my Q fly away, I took off from my back yard got to 900 ft away and lost connection I waited a minute for its return, it never returned. The video shows it going up as if to return to home. Upon further study at the time of flight home was about 300 miles off the coast of west Africa. Being that I live in middle TN. That's probably not a good thing. Now yuneec canceled my phone appt and refuses to contact me.

You have had no home point. That's the reason why home coordinates are 0, 0. Equator is not good target to fly to.

Can you show us the flight log data? I want to know, if the Mantis Q tried to fly to this direction. If so, this is a SW error that needs to corrct as soon as possible.

br HE

I've been wanting to put a tracker on my typhoon in case something like this ever happens. I lost a cheap drone ($100) in the woods behind my old house in strong winds a few years back. I searched for months, never found it.

You have had no home point. That's the reason why home coordinates are 0, 0. Equator is not good target to fly to.

Can you show us the flight log data? I want to know, if the Mantis Q tried to fly to this direction. If so, this is a SW error that needs to corrct as soon as possible.

br HE
Sure thing here it is

Attachments

• FlightLog.zip
    1.7 MB · Views: 24
Very odd. Dumb question, but you waited until you had more than 12 satellites before taking off? The home point should have been logged.

The first file from June 23th contains a successful flight in Sports Mode /Angle Mode. But there the info message for home point is missing. Time between first GPS message and take off is only 500ms. This is very close. I would wait for more accurate GPS.

The second file from July did not contain useful data. It is a collection of 366 MAV link datasets with (for me) unknown structure:
- not defined Component ID: FA
- unknown MAV_CMD $1B8B (7051)
- payload length 255 bytes.
No indication about GPS fix, coordinates or home point.

br HE

I had my Q fly away, I took off from my back yard got to 900 ft away and lost connection I waited a minute for its return, it never returned. The video shows it going up as if to return to home. Upon further study at the time of flight home was about 300 miles off the coast of west Africa. Being that I live in middle TN. That's probably not a good thing. Now yuneec canceled my phone appt and refuses to contact me.
I have had the same problem with Custer service. Once I gave them the telemetry all communication with me ceased.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DHYradio