Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Amazon Tablet with Breeze?

Reaction score
While researching the connection/use troubles and the list of working tablets/phones I did not see any of the Amazon tablets ( which are reasonable and I might be able to borrow/test) .
I did see that in the Mavic forums, they ARE posting the 8" and 10" 2017 Amazon Fire tablets as a working device for their copters!
Does anybody with a Breeze have any experience with them as a working Android device for the Breeze?

While researching the connection/use troubles and the list of working tablets/phones I did not see any of the Amazon tablets ( which are reasonable and I might be able to borrow/test) .
I did see that in the Mavic forums, they ARE posting the 8" and 10" 2017 Amazon Fire tablets as a working device for their copters!
Does anybody with a Breeze have any experience with them as a working Android device for the Breeze?

I use my earlier model Fire HD 8 with mine. Seems to work ok, but I prefer using the controller and my phone. Now if there was a tablet holder for the controller that would be even better!

Reactions: jmbsmt63
I use my earlier model Fire HD 8 with mine. Seems to work ok, but I prefer using the controller and my phone. Now if there was a tablet holder for the controller that would be even better!
Thank you for the input! I am going to try one to experiment.
I do want the controller but my phone does not seem to play well with the controller or the Breeze. I have flown the Breeze with my phone but I don't like it ( I like to have something to actually have my fingers on I guess).
Did the controller link to the Fire tablet and operate the drone?
I understand the "clip" isn't large enough to hold a tablet? I could definitely work something to get a 7" tablet in there but NOT a 10"

The 2017 Fire tablet 7 does have dual band wifi, my older one does not unfortuantely.

And yes, the controller played very well with the Fire tablet 8 if I remember correctly. I'll verify that after work. My phone is a cheaper Samsung model and takes some back and forth to get it to connect, but if memory serves me the tablet connected every time right away.

Reactions: jmbsmt63
Thanks again for the reply,
I have posted my phone experiences but to wrap it up, my phone (MOTO Z2 Play) does connect and operate the Breeze but it can't update or calibrate the compass. It does fly and operate, the range is crap and unreliable. I used my GF's Pixel phone to connect to the Breeze as an experiment... it does allow the updates and calibration and appears to be normal.
Back to my phone and all the same.. no update/calibration allowed ( app states battery level less than 30% so update/calibration not allowed)... I hoped maybe the updates it did while connected to the Pixel might have helped?...NO
I purchased a Walmart breeze kit w/controller and long story...the controller connects to the phone but app never thinks it is... I can't/won't change my phone for this but I can borrow and try a Fire tablet and see how it does. Yeah, I'm stubborn...LoL

I do want the controller but my phone does not seem to play well with the controller or the Breeze. I have flown the Breeze with my phone but I don't like it ( I like to have something to actually have my fingers on I guess).
I understand the "clip" isn't large enough to hold a tablet? I could definitely work something to get a 7" tablet in there but NOT a 10"

The device used to control the Breeze, be it a phone/pad/tablet is via WiFi. The controller connects to that device via Bluetooth. The controller can never directly control the Breeze.

I do like the idea of having a larger screen when flying the Breeze. A phone display is a little small.

Tested it out tonight, it connects reliably to the controller every time for me.

I don't see a direct reference to the app connection. The Fire tablet uses "Fire OS," neither Android or IOS. Does the Breeze app install and work on the Fire tablets?

I don't see a direct reference to the app connection. The Fire tablet uses "Fire OS," neither Android or IOS. Does the Breeze app install and work on the Fire tablets?

Download it from apkpure and install that way. Works fine on my Fire 8HD.

Also works with the newest Fire 7HD (with dual band), although the 'Follow Me' mode does not work. Still trying to figure that one out.

If the tablet does not have GPS the Breeze can’t do the Smart Follow Me where it tracks the device running Breeze Cam.

It should be able to do the follow me where you position the Breeze then use a two finger touch to place a box around the object to be tracked. The Breeze can only rotate to keep the object in the field of view, so if you move too close, too far, or too fast the Breeze will not be able to track.

Agree. When I select 'follow me' a message pops up 'You cannot enable follow me mode without location services enabled'. Location services was not even installed, so I installed and enabled the services for android, google, and breeze cam. When this didn't work I enabled the service for everything. Still no joy. Every thing else works fine, so it's not the end of the world. Heck, I'm having fun. :) Thanks for your input.

Does your tablet have GPS or just location services using WiFi?

Download it from apkpure and install that way. Works fine on my Fire 8HD.
Have you tried 'follow me' with your Fire 8hd? Everything but 'follow me' seems to work on my Fire 7hd (gen7), so am curious. Thanks!

Does your tablet have GPS or just location services using WiFi?
Sorry, I should have mentioned, The Fire 7HD (7th gen) does not have gps or cell service. Only wifi (dual band). The older models do not have ac wifi.
I love your (and others) comments on using the wre6606. You are a big help. Thanks!

I only have the Fire 7 (7th gen) with 802.11a/b/g/n. I haven’t even attempted flying because the video feed lags horribly. It lags 2 - 5 seconds behind. If I use the controller it only seems to lag 1/4 - 1/2 second. So I may give that a shot just to test it. When I do I’ll try doing a regular follow me.

Somehow I missed these new posts. No, follow me won't work because of the lack of gps. I have never used that feature on any of my quads so it's no big deal to me.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hendrtiz