Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Amusement Park Aerial photography ideas SIX FLAGS GREAT ESCAPE

Yes. Looks like the lad has manned up a bit. If he sticks around and keeps legal (no commercial stuff until he has a part 107) I would be happy to impart some of my knowledge/experience for his benefit.

Glad he responded to you afterwards and in a mature manner... not so obvious was that he made up his mind not to fly after the initial replies and not til after, but luckily he posed the question to us in the forums. However it does show quite clearly the predicament the drone industry is in right now specifically the consumer drone industry. They keep pumping them out every few months. Mass public Oh look they selling a giant drones at staples and Walmart let me grab one and start flying it whenever where ever, and honestly that as far as some will go, possibly watch a video on how to fly the thing and that’s it. No amount of stickers and orange paper warning in the box will change that fact. Buy, charge and launch. I have flown RC planes and Helis for a decade now I remember doing some ground school and meteorology classes and not because I had to, but because I wanted to often time you would join a modelers club and belong to some Model Aeronautics Association at some point. And it wasn’t much of a problem to find them in hobby stores, but it did take a bit of skill and know how to fly fix an rotary style aircraft, now it one button launch and one recovery. My 3 year old toddler can pretty much pilot my Breeze up and down near far... it’s gonna be tough few years to come for sure. I do think registration is a start and def education my 2 cents anyways on this.

Last edited:
Education is a key factor to keeping our hobby open to us. It’s unfortunate that maintaining sales volume carries more weight than educating those wanting to buy, as lacking education we are awarded greater regulation and restriction.

Glad he responded to you afterwards and in a mature manner... not so obvious was that he made up his mind not to fly after the initial replies and not til after, but luckily he posed the question to us in the forums. However it does show quite clearly the predicament the drone industry is in right now specifically the consumer drone industry. They keep pumping them out every few months. Mass public Oh look they selling a giant drones at staples and Walmart let me grab one and start flying it whenever where ever, and honestly that as far as some will go, possibly watch a video on how to fly the thing and that’s it. No amount of stickers and orange paper warning in the box will change that fact. Buy, charge and launch. I have flown RC planes and Helis for a decade now I remember doing some ground school and meteorology classes and not because I had to, but because I wanted to often time you would join a modelers club and belong to some Model Aeronautics Association at some point. And it wasn’t much of a problem to find them in hobby stores, but it did take a bit of skill and know how to fly fix an rotary style aircraft, now it one button launch and one recovery. My 3 year old toddler can pretty much pilot my Breeze up and down near far... it’s gonna be tough few years to come for sure. I do think registration is a start and def education my 2 cents anyways on this.
Can you please PM Me about flying over the Canadian Niagara Falls?
Thank You

Niagara Falls, by the Canadian and American Falls is NO FLY ZONE unless you specifically contact Niagara Parks and get required permission. You also will need a Special Flight Operation Certificate from Transport Canada. There are usually 3-4 helicopters in the sky over the falls at any given moment and thousands of people usually around on the ground during the day, it’s also the border between the USA and Canada so CBSA and Homeland security are always on duty at the crossing. Some of these videos are legit with right permissions etc but, majority 99% of these are clowns hidden or flying BLOS, just to get that cool shot! SMH below in the water should you bird ditch usually a few tour boats. I would just watch other people’s videos, the safety risk is tremendous and the red tape to fly official is ridiculous.

Here is the official word: Given the increased popularity and use of UAV (drones) for both work and as a recreational activity, visitors to Niagara Parks and particularly Niagara Falls, are reminded that under Transport Canada Federal Regulations, the airspace above Niagara Falls on the Canadian side of the Niagara River is designated a restricted area.

This restriction includes the operation of a UAVs (drones) without permit approval from Transport Canada. This restricted zone extends from the ground up to, but not including 1066 metres (3500 feet) above sea level (ASL) and approximately 914 metres (3000 feet) above ground level (AGL). This restricted area extends along the Niagara River north from Niagara Falls to approximately Whirlpool Road and from Niagara Falls, south to the Welland River.

If you are considering flying a UAV (drone) for either work or recreational purposes, you are responsible to ensure that you do so safely and legally. For further information on the use of UAV (drones), visitors are encouraged to visit the Transport Canada website.

My company rented Knotts Berry Farms and people we allowed to fly drones and put go pros on rides. They checked with the park first. Since it was being rented many of the rules no longer applied. It never hurts to ask first instead of just wondering and asking questions here.

It's like on airline aircraft. You are allowed to smoke on the aircraft when airliners are used for charter flights.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drakemerch33