Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

An interesting fact..

Reaction score
Looking to see who's active on this forum and to my Surprised to see that most are over the age of hmm 45. With the majority over age 50..

I would have thought more younger folks would be in on this? Maybe we can start a Geriatric section for old fart flyers like me..

Do we live in good times or what.. Dang the best toys of our life is now!

-rich

Reactions: Simspeed
Looking to see who's active on this forum and to my Surprised to see that most are over the age of hmm 45. With the majority over age 50..

I would have thought more younger folks would be in on this? Maybe we can start a Geriatric section for old fart flyers like me..

-rich
Not too many 20 year olds have the best part of £1200 in their pockets.

Reactions: Forrestt
I think it is a combination of all the above. Money, games and Internet, but most likely shortage of money would be a big issue for anyone interested. This is not a cheap toy for sure and kids more likely would be interested in the thrill of FVP racing rather than video platform.

My baby girl is very exited as I just decided to give her my Q500 4K. She has always shown interest in videography while my boy just want to play on his computer. :mad:

hmmmm i would guess to say that i am probably one of the oldest on here....67.....started with heli's about 10 years ago and got my first multicopter maybe 6 years ago....dji f450.....

61 here, was going to build my own real airplane, but the better half's health is not the best, so this was a cheaper alternative. Cut my teeth and crashed many a time with my V686, even had a fly away but got it back. Was so impress with the aerial pictures from that cheap system I wanted something better, with GPS and a good camera system. I have to agree for most younger pilots the H is pricey. I sold one of my radios to help finance mine.
But like the rest of you, I am a kid waiting on Christmas for it to get here.

-rich
Ha Ha, that is interesting. Must be due to the cost of the hobby. A drone may look like it costs you just over a grand, but after you add the hard case, extra batteries, accessories, new hard drive to store video, cool sunglasses, black socks to wear with sandals, Captain America T-Shirt, sports car, etc... it becomes rather expensive. :)

-rich
Old has more wisdom and patience to fly ! LOL And we are living proof that "Old Dogs can be Taught New Tricks" with new toys!;)

Ha Ha, that is interesting. Must be due to the cost of the hobby. A drone may look like it costs you just over a grand, but after you add the hard case, extra batteries, accessories, new hard drive to store video, cool sunglasses, black socks to wear with sandals, Captain America T-Shirt, sports car, etc... it becomes rather expensive. :)
And don't forget the Attends and Geritol and Poly Dent! LoL ! I need neither but that's what all the young shits think when they see me flying. One kid asked me if it can do Follow Me in my walker, was it slow enough! LOL !:(

And don't forget the Attends and Geritol and Poly Dent! LoL ! I need neither but that's what all the young shits think when they see me flying. One kid asked me if it can do Follow Me in my walker, was it slow enough! LOL !:(

Should have told him you were 35..And thats what happens to young one nowadays..lol

Reactions: DroneClone
36 here...People don't know what they are missing. Even just spending $50 and playing around with a Syma or some other entry level drone/quad.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval