Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Android 8.0 (Oreo) connectivity issue - Breeze 4K

Reaction score
After updated of Samsung S8+ to Android 8.0 (oreo version) I cannot connect Beez with my phone via breez cam app.

Funny thing is that I'm able to see camera thourh my phone, but all modules (GPS, IRS, IRS, Compass) are grey out. When I enter "Tasks" I see info: "Before GPS is ready, only Pilot mode and Controler Mode can be used", unfortuantely only camera is working in those modes.

I've tried to connect drone to Samsung A5 with Android 7.0 and all is working correctly, hence I think issue is caused by the firmware update (on previous version I haven't any problem with connection). Additionally all settings in both phone are same.

Does anyone know how this can be fixed?

If the Breeze shows up in the wifi list, try deleting it. Then connect again entering the password (1234567890) to set up a new connection.

Had to do this on my iOS device after an OS update. Not sure what changed, but it corrected the problem.

I've just tried above, but no changes in behaviour of an app - still not working.

Give Yuneec Customer Service a call at 8:05 PST or 13:05 PST and let them know of the problem. They may have a solution.

You might also try deleting Breeze Cam and reloading it, unless you have already tried that.

First thing I've tried was fresh installation of Breeze Cam. Probably I will need to call Customer Service for fix.

At this point that would be the best course of action.

I have a pixel 2 xl. I had that type of issue, but found if I reboot my phone right before turning the breeze on it connects without issue.

I am running Oreo cookies 8.1

Last edited:
At least a clue at UK site. Will try to call them anyway, but give a shot on reboot solution as well. Thanks!

And I can confirm that after the rebooting my phone and connecting with Breeze straight away it works. Great that there a workaround for the issue! Thanks Kevtn!

Reactions: Kevtn
Glad to hear that worked, but Yuneec needs to update Breeze Cam.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sakshijah