Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Another Crash! And my 2nd Time Using the Unit...

Reaction score
Greetings, friends!

Last time I wrote, several months ago, I had crashed my drone the first time I had it out and learned a lot about the drone the hard way. I bought replacement blades and was waiting to hear from Yuneec about how to buy the part to reattach the gimbal. I determined that I am never going to hear back from them so, months after my first flight, I attached the new blades to see if it would fly.

It flew! I was in the park and decided that I would get to know this drone in order to avoid another accident like the one from before. So I was practicing take off and landing, moving it back & forth, etc. I never took it higher than between eye level and just above my head, and only flew in any direction about 10 feet. I managed to take off and land about four times when I must have accidentally triggered that feature when it flies circles around the controller.

I saw it heading for a tree and even though obstacle avoidance was off, I wanted to move it in the opposite direction, away from the tree. It would not respond to any commands from the controller at first. Then I pushed the joystick down and the drone lowered while still moving forward. I didn't want it to hit the ground hard and roll, so I tried to kill the motor. The propellers would not stop spinning! The drone hit the ground and rolled and instead of shattering all six blades like last time, one of the feet of the landing gear broke off.

If just doing the most basic moves trying to learn how to fly this thing is going to end like this, I don't even know what I'm supposed to do.

Greetings, friends!

Last time I wrote, several months ago, I had crashed my drone the first time I had it out and learned a lot about the drone the hard way. I bought replacement blades and was waiting to hear from Yuneec about how to buy the part to reattach the gimbal. I determined that I am never going to hear back from them so, months after my first flight, I attached the new blades to see if it would fly.

It flew! I was in the park and decided that I would get to know this drone in order to avoid another accident like the one from before. So I was practicing take off and landing, moving it back & forth, etc. I never took it higher than between eye level and just above my head, and only flew in any direction about 10 feet. I managed to take off and land about four times when I must have accidentally triggered that feature when it flies circles around the controller.

I saw it heading for a tree and even though obstacle avoidance was off, I wanted to move it in the opposite direction, away from the tree. It would not respond to any commands from the controller at first. Then I pushed the joystick down and the drone lowered while still moving forward. I didn't want it to hit the ground hard and roll, so I tried to kill the motor. The propellers would not stop spinning! The drone hit the ground and rolled and instead of shattering all six blades like last time, one of the feet of the landing gear broke off.

If just doing the most basic moves trying to learn how to fly this thing is going to end like this, I don't even know what I'm supposed to do.
Not sure how you accidently activated orbit me or something as advanced mode needs to be turned on and even when in these modes like Ccc, orbit me etc you get the annoying screens that come before them?! Are you sure you didn't flick to smart mode from angle mode and become disorientated?, also if you have advanced mode on turn it off until you can fly your H

If it helps I can send you an excel with the part numbers on them,
I don't know what your experience is before buying one of these, but if you don't have a lot, then lean on something cheap it will save you money in the long term, make your H flights more enjoyable and boost your confidence, good luck m8[emoji106]

Last edited:
Reactions: Rayray
Greetings, friends!

I would give up with "drones" if I was you.

Toronto,
Either you some how got into ORBIT mode, or you were suffering the Toilet Bowl Syndrome.
Is this your first drone?
What firmware are you using?

If this is your first drone, find a BIG OPEN field, no trees or other people around.
Fly higher, 50 feet or more up. The ground always finds a way to stop things from flying. DO NOT use SMART MODE, stay in ANGLE mode until you can teach yourself to fly in a circle, square, forward and backwards while maintaining a straight line. Landing is a commitment, those last 6 inches you should be ready to put left stick full down and HOLD it there until the motors idle.
Hope you get her fixed and are back flying soon.
Many experienced pilots on this forum, do not be afraid to ask questions. Many if us have learned a thing or two the hard way.

I would consider buying an inexpensive "toy" multirotor like a Dromida and learn how to fly on that before putting the H back in the air. You're not having an aircraft issue, but one common to inexperienced multirotor operators that haven't learned control functions yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

check out this drone, by wl toy,s Q 333a , it is less in price , but awesome looks.

Attachments

• 1482492319563496413.jpg
    1482492319563496413.jpg
    16.9 KB · Views: 20
Did you even do a compass calibration before trying to fly it? Have you upgraded to the latest firmware? It may be that you switched to smart mode where the H will try to keep a distance from you. Also it may be possible that you have damaged something in the previous crash.
I am surprised to hear you having a problem with customer service. Here in the US, they have been awesome. They always answer the call quickly and have a quick turnaround for service.

I learned to fly on a Sharper Image DX-2. A small quad, a toy really, but it only cost me $60. It is totally without any type of assistance in flying. No GPS, Altitude hold or anything. I started learning to hover over a square, then land on the square. It was harder than it sounds as the square was 8 square inches. I then moved onto flying around my living room without hitting anything. Yup, I crashed a number of times. Once I had learned to control this drone, I moved onto my 4K (well, I did buy an Air Hogs Millennium Falcon first, but who could resist the Falcon). I found that the 4K was much easier to control as it had GPS positioning hold. One thing to remember is to not fly too close to the ground as you get turbulence from the props.

Hope you can get back into the drone flying soon. It really is the most fun I've had in quite a while. Pay no mind to Gyro108, the hobby is worth the practice. Mind you, I don't have trees in Southern Alberta. a lot of flat with river valleys (some trees in those).

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval