Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

another nice flight

Reaction score
well i just came from out front of my house where i flue my h and it was great i even went past some
power lines and didn't lose camera signal i'm really liking this this h i was playing around with the
rth even in angle mode it comes back and lands itself well thats all for now again i would like to
thank all of the members of this forum for all your help thanks al coffey

well i just came from out front of my house where i flue my h and it was great i even went past some
power lines and didn't lose camera signal i'm really liking this this h i was playing around with the
rth even in angle mode it comes back and lands itself well thats all for now again i would like to

We don't hear enough of these stories on the forum, thanks for sharing, I to am overall extremely satisfied with my H. Still get butterflies when I take it out to fly, partly because I really enjoy it and partly because I really don't want to make a rookie mistake and flush all of the money I spent on it down the toilet.

My understanding, and let me know someone if I am wrong, but the new RTH as is were, is supposed to be used in angle mode.. I use it all the time but in angle mode --

I think you'll find that the switch positions are 'Smart Mode', 'Angle Mode' and 'Return Home Mode'. So I may be wrong of course but I've never been able to use the RTH whilst in Angle mode as it's one or the other. Not both.
But good to hear about flights without any hiccups.

I am also very satisfied with my H. It flies very stable and reliable even in high winds. Approaching 30 hrs of flight time with no issues other than the original fly away that resulted in a trip to Yuneec. The only disappointment is the camera. I have 2 cameras and both are OK but not as good as they should be. I'm going y to try a new lens on one and see if I can improve it.

when i used rth i was in angle mode not only did it return to home it land it self i thought it was suppose to hover
till you land it but i guest i was wrong but anyway it flew great

You have three options, angle, smart and home modes. When you hit RTH mode with your switch it does not matter if you where in angle or smart mode. It will return to where the controller is. Hopefully there is enough room for it to land as it will not land right beside you. It will follow the smart circle rule and stay away from you.

Reactions: Steve Carr
when i used rth i was in angle mode not only did it return to home it land it self i thought it was suppose to hover
till you land it but i guest i was wrong but anyway it flew great

Thats what I call the new RTH :) in the latest firmware It lands itself within about 10 feet of the controller very cool!

Thats what I call the new RTH :) in the latest firmware It lands itself within about 10 feet of the controller very cool!
I thought it was 26 feet? correct me if I'm wrong. Might have changed with that new update so yes I might be wrong.

I thought it was 26 feet? correct me if I'm wrong. Might have changed with that new update so yes I might be wrong.

The new firmware changed it all - It now longer goes to the right and then to 26 feet, it goes straight up or down at a default 60-66 feet or you can edit it on each flight.. It goes up or down turns around zips right at your location turns round again so you can see the rear lights and then slowly starts descending within about 10 feet of the controller and will land if you dont stop it :) Oh and I only use Angle mode --

The new firmware changed it all - It now longer goes to the right and then to 26 feet, it goes straight up or down at a default 60-66 feet or you can edit it on each flight.. It goes up or down turns around zips right at your location turns round again so you can see the rear lights and then slowly starts descending within about 10 feet of the controller and will land if you dont stop it :) Oh and I only use Angle mode --

Oh thats cool, thanks for clarifying it for me Brian.

Oh thats cool, thanks for clarifying it for me Brian.

No worries and yes its very cool :) I use it each time a I fly just as a test, Ill land it myself but its so much better than before where it could crash into stuff! you can set your height to like 100 feet fly back to you etc.. you have to set your height each time or it defaults to 60 or 66 feet I forget :) But they did a great job on it..

No worries and yes its very cool :) I use it each time a I fly just as a test, Ill land it myself but its so much better than before where it could crash into stuff! you can set your height to like 100 feet fly back to you etc.. you have to set your height each time or it defaults to 60 or 66 feet I forget :) But they did a great job on it..

I knew about the setting of the RTH height in the new firmware but i did not know that you can set the distance to the controller or is this just a new distance and cannot be set by user?

I knew about the setting of the RTH height in the new firmware but i did not know that you can set the distance to the controller or is this just a new distance and cannot be set by user?

you set the height you want it to climb to or descend to before it starts its home procedure -- not the distance to the controller -- Once it starts descending you can move out of the way or just take control and land wherver --

OK but other then setting your RTH height in the new update the landing part is still the same, I have always been able to move it to where ever i wanted. If you don't touch your controls will it land 10 feet away from you is what I'm asking or will it use the smart circle as reference and land 26 feet away from you?

OK but other then setting your RTH height in the new update the landing part is still the same, I have always been able to move it to where ever i wanted. If you don't touch your controls will it land 10 feet away from you is what I'm asking or will it use the smart circle as reference and land 26 feet away from you?

yes 10 feet give or take :)

Wow! That's a mouth full Brian ! LOL ! Good take on it, first I heard of new RTH, But then again, I never use it! Thanks my Friend!:)

I'm sure he would like to test it Brian if Yuneec ever gets their act together to give him one that actually fly's :(

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval