Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Another One that Falls out like a rock

After so many cases I'm wondering why there aren't good and objective reasons or explainable arguments about the fact.

After so many cases I'm wondering why there aren't good and objective reasons or explainable arguments about the fact.
Actually this is very rare. There have been relatively few posts of this nature that couldn't be explained. Most are from pilot error or failing to lock the battery.

I know Steve. Actually your involving active participation has helped to put things in perspective.

I had a similar problem but my own fault. Not a Typhoon but still expensive for a newbie pilot. Switching control on my Breeze to emergency landing it dropped out and $125 immediately went for repair bill.

With all the excellent and experimental engineers in here I'm sure someone is going to make a mint when they come up with an inexpensive way to attach a small chute to the top of a drone. Something that would be triggered instantly either when all power fails above a certain altitude or downward acceleration exceeds a certain speed.

Anyone, PLEASE let me know when you do that.

Could several compass calibration warnings, lasting milliseconds each one, have any influence in this situation?

Could several compass calibration warnings, lasting milliseconds each one, have any influence in this situation?
I don't think so. Sustained compass errors could cause a problem for sure. Turning off GPS will usually allow you to fly and land if there is a significant compass failure. I know it sounds strange.

Steve. Should I think my case has to do with the channels issue you are addressing about the throttle and the stop switch? I wasn't descending nor applying yaw in that particular moment. In fact. I was ascending. Checking my channel settings look like this picture.

Attachments

• Channel_Control.jpg
    Channel_Control.jpg
    3.3 MB · Views: 16
Steve. Should I think my case has to do with the channels issue you are addressing about the throttle and the stop switch? I wasn't descending nor applying yaw in that particular moment. In fact. I was ascending. Checking my channel settings look like this picture.
That screen shows normal settings. Has Yuneec responded to the telemetry?

No. I didn't send anything to them. The dealer who sold it to me has disappeared. I don't want to wait months and months as I have seen others waiting for 5 and 6 months. I have decided to fix it by myself. Many broken parts. Trying to join all of the parts. Something like having fun fixing things.

Last edited:
Reactions: Steve Carr
Steve, Richard Gilmore has faced another situation where the pan control K1 in channels, suddenly come up mixed with J1 throttle. Why and how this happens is weird. This issue with channels mixed mid air could be the explanation of some fall outs.

Richard Gilmore has faced another situation where the pan control K1 in channels, suddenly come up mixed with J1 throttle. Why and how this happens is weird.

Watching a few of his videos, I'm not certain he has much clue about anything.
Please do not change your Channel Settings, that can have unexpected consequences.

I don't, but watch what happened to Steve. It is a similar situation. At least as I can see.

I feel badly that your craft crashed, but it appears unrelated to Steve's report.

No connection whatsoever, but the new 520 craft shuts itself off when you land and keep the left stick down a moment or two. Do not need to press the red button. Hopefully it won't do this at altitude...

Steve, Richard Gilmore has faced another situation where the pan control K1 in channels, suddenly come up mixed with J1 throttle. Why and how this happens is weird. This issue with channels mixed mid air could be the explanation of some fall outs.
Richard has a large inventory of different models and is an experienced builder as well. I'm confident he would not have mixed the channels even accidentally. Fortunately he was able to land and found the problem immediately in part because I had already posted the issue and how to spot the cause. Many people, including Richard as well as Yuneec, have remained skeptical. Yuneec is still convinced that pilots are pressing B1.

Sooooo.......here's the question for you who remain skeptical. If the problem is because I mixed the channels all by myself then I can simply un-mix the channels and life is good. Right? Great. So how is it that when I create a new model the problem is reincarnated? How can I embed the mixing for a model that hasn't been created yet?

The only way I could do this trick is to modify the firmware. Ah...but only Yuneec can do that. So which is more likely? I modified the firmware or there is a bug in the firmware that I used?

Reactions: Dr Delta
Please do not change your Channel Settings, that can have unexpected consequences.
Yeah, well, guess you have to wonder why Yuneec put that button right on the main screen next to System Settings. I'd sure like to see the discussion during that decision.

"Hey Joe, lets put the button on here and then tell everyone not to use it. Ha."
"Oh Barney, that would be a dirty trick. I have a better idea. Lets put the button on there and then don't say anything. Lets see how many people press it and crash. Hahahaha."

Yep, definitely a bad move.

I'm lucky that all of mine fly great almost every day now that the heat dialed back a bit. I update all 4 soon after any new firmware appears. Takes awhile to do at the same time, but then I don't get mixed up with which is updated and which is not. Knock on wood, the one crash I had was a year ago when an Oak tree waved a big limb down in front of my TH. My 9 batteries work fine, 4 different mfrs, no bad ones, no swelling, no high cell resistances. More good luck I'm sure.

I often visit the Phantom and Mavic sister forums. They have daily posts about crashes or other problems, but just as here they also have posts from members who are happy and having fun. Having good luck I reckon...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alvaro