Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

antenna bracket

Reaction score
After replacing the retract module after a crash, one of the antenna brackets sits further away from the landing gear than the other. Is this an issue?

Not unless it interferes with the gear or camera rotation.
If not then you are fine.

If you are referring to the plastic tube as a bracket, don’t worry about it except as mentioned. That tube is not an actual antenna, just an item in place to hide the antenna wire inside of it. The plastic tubes were a cosmetic item added to the airframe that caused people to think they were obtaining “improved” 2.4 antennas. Truth was, and is, the actual antennas never changed from the original parts used.

If you are referring to the plastic tube as a bracket, don’t worry about it except as mentioned. That tube is not an actual antenna, just an item in place to hide the antenna wire inside of it. The plastic tubes were a cosmetic item added to the airframe that caused people to think they were obtaining “improved” 2.4 antennas. Truth was, and is, the actual antennas never changed from the original parts used.
I did not know that. Thanks!

Use a flash light and look inside the tube. You’ll see the 2.4 antenna wire inside.

The plastic tubes were a cosmetic item added to the airframe that caused people to think they were obtaining “improved” 2.4 antennas. Truth was, and is, the actual antennas never changed from the original parts used.
That's right, these are the same wires that use to hide inside the shell of earlier H models. Bringing them out and extending them downward does improve the antenna performance somewhat, but as @PatR pointed out there is no improvement in the antennas themselves. The tubes are indeed cosmetic, I've seen people fly with just the wires hanging out.

The wires “hanging out” is how the original H standard was released. I have one of them. The Pro model had the plastic tubes applied. As many, if not all of them, had the external wires covered up by stick on labels I can easily understand if one thought they were trapped inside the shell.

Reactions: DCH
The wires “hanging out” is how the original H standard was released

Interesting, mine was a Manufacturer Referb and the wires were definitely hiding inside when I opened it up to upgrade to the external antenna kit with removable rubber duckies -which appear to be a loaded higher gain antenna design. No published specs on the actual gain, and I have made no range comparisons. I'm strictly LOS and even the wires seemed good enough for that. For me it was more about the ability to remove the antennas for more compact portability while hiking and biking.

Sounds like someone screwed the pooch when they did the refurb. When new the wires were external. The right side was usually open and free with the left side covered over with a info sticker. Many inquiries were posted about the “loose wires” hanging out by the landing gear.

I also have the rubber duck kit on my other H. I can’t speak for gain but the control range with that one is better than the standard antenna version.

Sounds like someone screwed the pooch when they did the refurb.
LOL! Indeed! And I even know where the alleged pooch screwing occurred, I have the evidence recorded from the test flight on the SD card it came with.
You can clearly see the Yuneec building it the aerial video clip, surrounded by the Southern California landscape (Been there-know that). I've heard rumors about shady service from the SoCal facility, I'm guessing they might be true!:rolleyes:

When you replaced the retract module did you re-install the landing leg the correct way round??
Might make a difference!

When you replaced the retract module did you re-install the landing leg the correct way round??
Might make a difference!

It seems so. The middle plastic extension on the base of the leg is on the inside as is the other landing gear.

I've heard rumors about shady service from the SoCal facility, I'm guessing they might be true!:rolleyes:

It wasn’t shady on Yuneec’s part. They hired a few less than qualified new service people that caused a lot of problems. One seriously messed up some of the 920 conversions, which cost the company a lot of money. It took a little while to identify who they were and weed them out.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mining_drones