Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Any idea's. Gimbal moves to 90 degrees on binding with controller!

Reaction score
My 520 is less than a month old with only 10 minutes flying time and now both cameras (E90 and CGO et) stick at 90 degrees after connection to the controller.
I have no tilt or pan control which wasn't the case a few days ago. Any idea's?

My 520 is less than a month old with only 10 minutes flying time and now both cameras (E90 and CGO et) stick at 90 degrees after connection to the controller.
I have no tilt or pan control which wasn't the case a few days ago. Any idea's?
Have you had any luck using the forum search tool yet for answers?

Have you had any luck using the forum search tool yet for answers?
I did a search and didn't come up with anything helpful. Perhaps @Bob520 has a suggestion. I'm curious if the 520 has a Hardware Monitor. I didn't see anything in the manual to check the controls.

My first suggestion would be to check the camera control switches. Ensure switches S1 and S2 are in the middle position. Also check the rotary dual is centered. If everything is centered, conduct a gimbal calibration check in settings.

My first suggestion would be to check the camera control switches. Ensure switches S1 and S2 are in the middle position. Also check the rotary dual is centered. If everything is centered, conduct a gimbal calibration check in settings.

I’ve tried all the different combinations with S1 and S2. S1 inc. the tilt control wheel behind does nothing at all.
S2 when up holds the camera in line but when placed in centre or down, the camera rotates clockwise constantly.
The rotary dial does nothing anymore.

Remove the camera and inspect the connections on the gimbal mount on the bottom of the 520. Look for any pins which are pushed in.

Reactions: Manco
Try uninstalling, clearing the data and reinstalling DataPilot. There might just be an issue with the controller software.

Also a good suggestion, thanks Bob.

I have recalibrated everything and updated but didn’t try to remove the software first.

Remove the camera and inspect the connections on the gimbal mount on the bottom of the 520. Look for any pins which are pushed in.

Attachments

• 233FD2B9-0F2E-4CB6-B5B7-4FD7FAA7E7F6.jpeg
    233FD2B9-0F2E-4CB6-B5B7-4FD7FAA7E7F6.jpeg
    727.2 KB · Views: 17
  • 21BC25D5-637E-4647-AD3F-27EA1D4DF4AE.jpeg
    21BC25D5-637E-4647-AD3F-27EA1D4DF4AE.jpeg
    717.4 KB · Views: 15
That looks very good. @Bob520 are there any special instructions for clearing the data after uninstalling DataPilot?

That looks very good. @Bob520 are there any special instructions for clearing the data after uninstalling DataPilot?
I have it listed backwards. Clear the DataPilot data first then uninstall the app. All done from the tablet settings.

As long as the app is fully uninstalled it shouldn't be a problem.

I have it listed backwards. Clear the DataPilot data first then uninstall the app. All done from the tablet settings.

As long as the app is fully uninstalled it shouldn't be a problem.

Is that the factory data reset ? In backup and reset?

No. Back out to the tablet screen, swipe down on the top right side of the screen, hit the gear icon, go to apps, go to DataPilot, clear cache, clear data, and lastly delete the app. Download the new apk using the link in my last post. If you use a desktop to download there's two ways to get the apk onto the st16s controller. One plug a micro usb cable into the controller and your computer. In windows open file explorer find the st16s and place the file in the hard drive folder. Using a micro sd card, format the card in the st16s first, take the card out of the st16s and put it into your desktop computer, copy the apk file over to the micro sd card, eject micro sd card, put micro sd card into the st16s, go to my files on the tablet (you might need to press the six dot icon at the bottom of the screen), on the top left of the window there's a micro sd card looking icon, tap that, tap the apk and install.

You can also use the tablet browser and a Wi-Fi connection to download the apk directly to the tablet.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval