Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Any Typhoon H flyers in the Chicago area

I'm out in Naperville, so I have pretty easy access to open farm fields and some of the Forest (Prarie) Preserves are fairly isolated and devoid of people. DuPage county, at least, has several model aircraft sites in Forest Preserves, but only one is for Helis - the model aircraft parks with runways tend to not like Helis getting in the way. Check out the AMA web site and check google for park district property in your area. I doubt there's any room at Cook County green spaces if that's where you live, but, man, I'd love a reason to get a waiver to video Chicago at night from 1000'. ;-)
- Mike

I am out in Streamwood, I have flown at Busse Woods and the Shoe Factory Road model airports. Those are both alright but i have also done some low, very controlled flights at local forest perserves away from airports with good filming results. I used to live in Iowa, and that was great because there is sooo much free space to work with out that way. I would imagine that a short 20-30 min west of naperville, st. charles, elgin, etc would be great flying.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alvaro