Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Anybody flying close to Wichita, KS ?

In Derby. Not flying regularly yet, but working on it. Typhoon H Pro. I would have guessed that ICT would be a hard place to find somewhere to fly.

In Derby. Not flying regularly yet, but working on it. Typhoon H Pro. I would have guessed that ICT would be a hard place to find somewhere to fly.
Cool, actually I live just outside Udall. I turned mine into a lawn dart awhile back. But about to order a new body and fix it. Just looking for someone to fly with ever now and then. I'm a beginner... But I have 5 acres and only have to text one small "farm" airport when I'm going up. So flying is not a problem. Just need to get my bird back in the air. Hit me up sometime if you want .

Cool.. Just take it slow, I actually had quite a few flight's and time when mine crashed. Honestly, mine was a mile away "dirt road" dart.
See, I got online and maxed out my height and distance settings after I got comfortable flying it.
Long story short, I think I went too high and too far and lost signal. Plus I was having some battery issues that may have played a part with loss of signal?
Luckily, I had put a piece of tape on it with my phone number and address along the top with a 50 dollar reward if found and returned to me lol. A young man texted me the next day asking if it was mine. So I got lucky!
Still wondering what happened though, as I had went super high before with it and had no problems. Although before was during the day.
I lost it at night lol.
So yeah, that's probably a few examples of what not to do haha.
I'm gonna replace my battery's and get one of those external antennas before going super high again. It was still a blast though. Definitely gut wrenching when thing's go wrong. I watched a video on yours and man, that's one heck of a drone, it's sweet.

Cool.. Just take it slow, I actually had quite a few flight's and time when mine crashed. Honestly, mine was a mile away "dirt road" dart.
See, I got online and maxed out my height and distance settings after I got comfortable flying it.
Long story short, I think I went too high and too far and lost signal. Plus I was having some battery issues that may have played a part with loss of signal?
Luckily, I had put a piece of tape on it with my phone number and address along the top with a 50 dollar reward if found and returned to me lol. A young man texted me the next day asking if it was mine. So I got lucky!
Still wondering what happened though, as I had went super high before with it and had no problems. Although before was during the day.
I lost it at night lol.
So yeah, that's probably a few examples of what not to do haha.
I'm gonna replace my battery's and get one of those external antennas before going super high again. It was still a blast though. Definitely gut wrenching when thing's go wrong. I watched a video on yours and man, that's one heck of a drone, it's sweet.

I have been afraid to take mine higher that 100 ‘ high . Almost out of site that high up and afraid of what happens if it drifts. I have water on three sides of me so just not wanting to crash land in the lake .

I have been afraid to take mine higher that 100 ‘ high . Almost out of site that high up and afraid of what happens if it drifts. I have water on three sides of me so just not wanting to crash land in the lake .
100ft ? Man, that's no fun. I can see water being a bit of a worry though. Strap a floatie on that bad boy and go for it [emoji12]

Hey all, I'm in Wichita and just getting started, would like to find another Typhoon H Plus operator to try a team mode flight or two. And discuss good locations for photos. I think I'm wearing out the air around the Walnut river. Feel free to DM me if you prefer.
T.

I'm in Denver with a three year old Typhoon H and finally had a gentleman in Provo get me back flying again. I'm currently trying to get more batteries. The old ones are 5400mAh 4S/14.8V.

I'm still here and doing a little flying, anyone have recommendations on good places? I would like to photograph the Keeper, but haven't tried for an airspace authorization yet.
Anyone know of good Wichita drone information source?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wccannabis