Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Anyone else's batteries drain rapidly, then come back up when you let off the throttle?

Reaction score
What's up with that?

I'll take off at about 12.4 volts, then it will quickly go down through 11, and within a few moments, it will do the 10.8 critical battery alarm.

When I let off the throttle, the charge creeps back up to past 11. I landed within 10 minutes because it started giving me all the scary 10.5 alarms, and when I put it on the ground, the battery crept up to 11.6.

What the **** is up with that? I'm basically not able to trust my battery meter because the power level it's reporting could very well climb back up were I to let the craft idle in the air.

It's under full load when throttled up, so voltage registers lower, because the Yuneec software only reads voltage at current rate, when you let off throttle, voltage will jump back up, due to a much lower power consumption, they are not "smart" batteries like Autel or DJI that will show current %'s

Reactions: Jay Bennett
It's under full load when throttled up, so voltage registers lower, because the Yuneec software only reads voltage at current rate, when you let off throttle, voltage will jump back up, due to a much lower power consumption, they are not "smart" batteries like Autel or DJI that will show current %'s

So how can I know for certain whether or not a low battery indicator is legitimate? I've gotten the super scary ones at 10.5 that have the bright read popup box and multiple vibration warnings, yet when I land, sure enough, the number goes back up as high as 11.6.

So how can I know for certain whether or not a low battery indicator is legitimate? I've gotten the super scary ones at 10.5 that have the bright read popup box and multiple vibration warnings, yet when I land, sure enough, the number goes back up as high as 11.6.
You can't, but I always land at first battery warning, if not just before, you will get to know the right level to land at after a few flights, just be fairly close and land at or before first warning

You can't, but I always land at first battery warning, if not just before, you will get to know the right level to land at after a few flights, just be fairly close and land at or before first warning

If I did that, I would be landing within the first 7 minutes.

Every single person who's replied to my questions thus far gives me the Horsey Ducky, limp wristed version of flying "guidelines", which contain absolutely zero actually useful, actionable options with even the lightest basis in actual troubleshooting.

I'm kinda new to the drone world myself, and I've noticed the same thing once I've got the alert. Once landed its jumped back up to like 11.2. Only difference is that I am getting a little over 20 minutes of flight time before I get the alert. I'll keep it close, and drain batt. down a lil more before shutting down. That's when I chase a stray cat around house for a few minutes. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Every single person who's replied to my questions thus far gives me the Horsey Ducky, limp wristed version of flying "guidelines", which contain absolutely zero actually useful, actionable options with even the lightest basis in actual troubleshooting.
Then fly it till she drops! Then you will have your Horsey Ducky answer! What in God's name do you want us to tell you, something that will make you feel better Lordy!, If you are getting 7 minutes time to your first battery warning, something is terribly wrong, try another battery, either that or you are flying head on into a gale force wind each time? Wish I had the answer that makes you feel better, but you should be getting 15-18 minutes in average conditions, if not bad battery, or winds, or send it back, as something is consuming your power!

Did you "condition" your battery(s)? For about 20 flights/charges you should charge fully and run down only about 50%. Conditioning Lipo's will extend not only their life cycle, but the full flight time they are rated at.

sounds like a bad batt. check your IR. mine did the same thing, checked the IR, and was high, problem solved

What's up with that?

I'll take off at about 12.4 volts, then it will quickly go down through 11, and within a few moments, it will do the 10.8 critical battery alarm.

When I let off the throttle, the charge creeps back up to past 11. I landed within 10 minutes because it started giving me all the scary 10.5 alarms, and when I put it on the ground, the battery crept up to 11.6.

What the **** is up with that? I'm basically not able to trust my battery meter because the power level it's reporting could very well climb back up were I to let the craft idle in the air.
hi
you ether have a bad battery or your Q is drawing too many amps . when you land is the battery hot or just a little warm to the touch , also check the motors , are they hot or maybe one motor is drawing too many amps , remember just because a battery in new dose not make it good . if you hover dose it drain the battery .
we all go through learning curves . one step at a time .
we all are hear to help and learn .

Reactions: Cranky Trapper

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval