Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Anyone have experience with BestBuy Drone Insurance?

Reaction score
When I bought my Q500 4k this weekend at Best Buy they asked if I wanted their drone insurance. It's 199 for 2 years, and since the Yuneed YES plan doesn't cover the Q500 I'm giving it some thought. Anyone bought it? Used it?

When I bought my Q500 4k this weekend at Best Buy they asked if I wanted their drone insurance. It's 199 for 2 years, and since the Yuneed YES plan doesn't cover the Q500 I'm giving it some thought. Anyone bought it? Used it?
I guess it depends on what it covers. By far, most damage is caused by pilot error. If they exclude that from coverage then it would be worthless.

Reactions: record.play.rewind
Like any other warranty, read the fine print. Is it repaired or replaced? Hypothetically, in 11 months you need a replacement. Do they replace it with new or reman? Sometimes the warranty implies they replace it with “ an item of equal value”.
Read the fine print

unfortunately the fine print doesn't talk about drones. That's why I was wondering if anyone had any experience with it.

You might ask in what manner this is "drone" insurance, if not mentioned in the fine print. Also inquire about something more general, such as user error vs. mechanical failure. What is this covering... you or is it simply an extended warranty?

Insurance is not that vague... every clause specifically covers an individual set of circumstances... if all they can tell you is it covers accidental, run... do not walk. I guarantee if you sign up for it and there is a claim, they will whip out a 3 volume treatise with 4 paragraphs of what is covered... and all the rest on what is not.

Reactions: record.play.rewind
Try calling your car/home insurer. A guy at work said state farm covers his drone for $60 a year with no deductible and it covers crashes and fly aways. I am going to check into it myself this week

Is this the typical insurance BB sells for all its electronics or drone insurance. The sales person will tell you the typical insurance covers everything with a new replacement but actually only covers defect. Had it twice and both times useless, even though one time I believe was a defect.

So I went on their forum and asked. What a crock. So yes they cover crashes.. IF they determine it wasn't misuse, but that's not the problem. They charge 200 dollars for insurance on a 350 dollar drone. If you have a claim they will either give you your money back or replace with refurb(ok still not that bad yet) , BUT then the kicker. At that point they have fulfilled the warranty and you either have a refurb drone with no coverage or your money back and no refund on prorated insurance. So essentially IF you know know you're going to crash your drone and want to guarantee a one time replacement or refund then you can pay 200 now for when it happens. Then do the same when you get your refurb replacement.

Calling insurance company is a good idea, I'll do that today and see what they offer. Only concern is whether a drone claim raises your car insurance

It will be attached to your homeowners insurance... won't affect your car, if you don't run over it...;)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sakshijah