Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Anyone know of a free RAW picture editor?

Google bought the Nik Collection photo editor earlier this year and is now giving it away for free. There are Mac and Windows versions. I use Lightroom myself, but Nik is very well respected and preferred by many.

Can you use the google NIK Collection as a standalone app and not a plugin from Lightroom?

I haven't used it in a long time but how about GIMP?

As title.

Doesn't need to have bells and whistles
GIMP is an open source application that's a Photoshop copy. Not as good as Photoshop but free and plenty good enough. Not sure about the Raw thing but easy enough to find out. Search for GIMP and check it out.

Reactions: WilsonFlyer
GIMP is an open source application that's a Photoshop copy. Not as good as Photoshop but free and plenty good enough. Not sure about the Raw thing but easy enough to find out. Search for GIMP and check it out.
Thanks but I already have GIMP. I use it for the lens distortion corrections for JPG pictures taken with my Phantom 2 Vision Plus. But for the version I have (GIMP 2) I know it won't import RAW pictures, although I don't know if this is true for the latest version...if there is a later version.

I have picked up on something from an earlier post in this thread that lead me to something called 'RawTherapee'. It's an open source prog that looks promising but I haven't downloaded it yet.

The reason why I want something to open RAW files is that, so far, all pictures I've taken have been .jpg but I expect to be doing work for a client in October with the H who will want RAW pictures, but I will need to be able to see what I'm providing.

The reason why I want something to open RAW files is that, so far, all pictures I've taken have been .jpg but I expect to be doing work for a client in October that will want RAW pictures but I will need to be able to see what I'm providing.

Yes, those FEDS are persnickety, want this and want that...
JUST KIDDING, LOL.

Darktable is similar to Lightroom in use case, it can edit raw picture and it's free .

Last edited by a moderator:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval