Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Anyone notice the big antenna's for the H520?

E

EnlightenOnQ

Don't know if anyone else posted this yet....

Reviewing the H520 site notices this picture had some larger than normal antenna's on the ST16.

Hmmmmmm. Wonder what those are. Anyone see these for sale and are they higher gain? Or are they for close work?

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    42.2 KB · Views: 62
Reactions: zandoli
So those bigger antennas are not coming with the ST16S controller. They are d-link wrt RPSMA antennas added to that controller by that pilot.

Because it shows the ability to upgrade your equipment. Plus those were the only antennas on site for the shoot for that controller. Someone forgot to bring a third set. You can put whatever rp-sma antennas you want on the ST16S controllers. I know in my interview section of the commercial for search and rescue when they interviewed me I could use whatever I found most useful. That's why I used a backpack with the H520 on the outside with the gear folded to fly mode, it caused the UAV to fit better in the straps. Plus I needed to carry my SAR gear in the backpack.

Reactions: MarcoA
Awsome. I have dozens of antenna in the basement from other projects (wireless controls for disc jockey lighting). All have different gains and reception patterns.

Because it shows the ability to upgrade your equipment. Plus those were the only antennas on site for the shoot for that controller. Someone forgot to bring a third set. You can put whatever rp-sma antennas you want on the ST16S controllers. I know in my interview section of the commercial for search and rescue when they interviewed me I could use whatever I found most useful. That's why I used a backpack with the H520 on the outside with the gear folded to fly mode, it caused the UAV to fit better in the straps. Plus I needed to carry my SAR gear in the backpack.
Do they provide stronger and longer distance signal, and will they work on the H480 to improve signal strength? If so do you have a source and part number?

They are a higher DBi and work with all RP-SMA sender receivers. This might not work but here is the linksys site: Linksys WRT002ANT High-Gain Antennas 2-Pack they come in 2 and 4 packs. I would also look at upgrading the 5.8ghz antenna (the small one). I'm working on find a suitable one for my needs. But it looks like foxeer has the best options.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nhacaiuytingarden1