Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Appears the latest firmware maybe corrupt !

Reaction score
I've downloaded the latest typhoon H firmware update direct from Yuneec in the US.

And whilst updating the H then the ST16 both updates said they were successful and binding was good, some of the ST16 screens new features are garbled, the RTH height the word Altitude is partly obscuring the height displayed on the screen its the same in imperial or metric at any height, height shown in photo is I believe 292 ft.
P9034716.JPG

Also when going into other settings and selecting Trim Switch the new trim tab menu appears corrupt the word Aileron is on two separate lines, also I can see some feint blue dots in the menu screen at the bottom which may be words that are also corrupt and not visible if you click on the dots it returns to the previous screen, so the feint dots are obviously some part of the menu I guess !

P9034720.JPG

Not sure if anyone can see the feint blue dots in the black part of the screen photo, any help or info would be appreciated, whilst the word Aileron spread over two separate lines is not a big deal.

My question has anyone else that's updated to the latest firmware found the same or is this just my ST16.with these screen errors.

I have same issues with mine when I updated my PRO. I'm still disappointed with my PRO since getting it back from Yuneec with a new GPS Module board. I have not had a chance to fly it much since it returned. Today after installing the new firmware and calibrating, it was just so unstable. In addition to what you mentioned, I had a few incidents where it would not respond to downward left stick, it just wanted to keep climbing and not land. I always fly in Angle mode, and AO/Realsense is off. It does not hold position well at all and it is very jerky when responding to the sticks. I had read that this update smoothed out the flying so I was excited for that but I see no change. This is in turtle mode. Compared to my regular H, this thing is a nightmare to fly. I am at my wits end and really do not want to send it back to yuneec again, this would be 3rd time between 2 separate Hs. Does anyone know how to completely wipe the firmware and reload fresh?

I've downloaded the latest typhoon H firmware update direct from Yuneec in the US.

And whilst updating the H then the ST16 both updates said they were successful and binding was good, some of the ST16 screens new features are garbled, the RTH height the word Altitude is partly obscuring the height displayed on the screen its the same in imperial or metric at any height, height shown in photo is I believe 292 ft.
View attachment 2841

Also when going into other settings and selecting Trim Switch the new trim tab menu appears corrupt the word Aileron is on two separate lines, also I can see some feint blue dots in the menu screen at the bottom which may be words that are also corrupt and not visible if you click on the dots it returns to the previous screen, so the feint dots are obviously some part of the menu I guess !

View attachment 2842

Not sure if anyone can see the feint blue dots in the black part of the screen photo, any help or info would be appreciated, whilst the word Aileron spread over two separate lines is not a big deal.

My question has anyone else that's updated to the latest firmware found the same or is this just my ST16.with these screen errors.
I'm just about to update mine, do you have a pro or advance?- or EU or US ?
Other screenshots of the same on here don't seem the same, I wonder if there is a difference between the two ST16's (apart from the aerials)

Last edited:
I just updated mine and for some reason the copter can not find gps. It keeps popping up with "lost GPS signal."

Last edited:

I am not having the above issues, but my copter can't acquire gps.
Both the 2 above menus are formatted correctly on my screen.

Last edited:
Reactions: banned user

View attachment 2841

View attachment 2842

The problem you are having is caused by the Size of the Font selected in the PAD (Settings, Display, Font Size). If you select 'Small' -or- 'Normal' Font - it all works OK. It only happens when 'Large' -or- 'Huge' Font size is selected. The Blue Dots are words - 'Cancel' and 'OK'. It seems this is a 'BUG'.

I am not having the above issues, but my copter can't acquire satellites.
Both the 2 above menus are formatted correctly on my screen.
Whats your's? pro / Advance Eu or US?....(I think we all should put our machines descriptions in our signatures, would help reading any tech threads...doing mine now)..

It is a US model
Advanced

Reactions: banned user
Okay, it just now after a few minutes found gps.
And then I lost it again after a few seconds of connection.....

It seems to take a while to find gps and then after a few seconds of connection it loses it again. It keeps cycling like this.

P.S. Updating went smoothly, no problems

Last edited:
Okay, it just now after a few minutes found satellites.
And then I lost it again after a few seconds of connection.....

It seems to take a while to find satellites and then after a few seconds of connection it loses them again. It keeps cycling like this.

P.S. Updating went smoothly, no problems

Is this happening outdoors?

The problem you are having is caused by the Size of the Font selected in the PAD (Settings, Display, Font Size). If you select 'Small' -or- 'Normal' Font - it all works OK. It only happens when 'Large' -or- 'Huge' Font size is selected. The Blue Dots are words - 'Cancel' and 'OK'. It seems this is a 'BUG'.

Andyzonk - Thanks you was spot with a cure my font was set on large changed to normal and everything is now correct even the blue dots have changed to the words Cancel and OK., thanks again for a quick answer.

To those users that asked my Typhoon H Advance it is a EU model with std firmware installed, it has always been capable of a great range from new with the bog standard antennas that it came with, on EU firmware it had a good range in fact across open flat farmland with very few trees it achieved 5384 ft at a altitude of 200ft it may have even gone further but it would have meant crossing a road so I turned around, just as it turned around I briefly lost the video feed and telemetry for about 2 seconds, my main reason for changing the firmware was for a quicker wifi connection it use to take 2 to 21/2 minutes to connect, and odd times it would lose connection when raising the undercarriage which was a real pain after setting the camera to manual setting only to reset to auto again.

I must point out I don't fly that greater range but on that occasion I had a spotter with glasses not to be repeated, but its comforting to know what its capable of and with good connection.

Hopefully I can give it a fly around on Monday to try things out.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval