Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Ashford Hangers - Video / Panoramic

Reaction score
Found a great little fly-site today; legal, safe (except for the buzzards !), nice and wide open, and with spectacular views in all directions once you get above the tree-line. That was worth a video and a panorama, and a blog, so here they all are !

Video is a 4K to 1080P30 transcode, ISO 100, WB sunny / locked, Manual Exposure, 1/60 - 1/120, ND8 filter.

Interactive Panorama

Blog / other flights at www.aerocam.org.uk

Last edited:
Thanks for uploading this beautiful landscape which I remember visiting as a kid. It's actually Hangers, which means wooded slopes rather than airplane garages.

Something went wrong (on my screen) from approx 1:00-1:20.

Thanks for uploading this beautiful landscape which I remember visiting as a kid. It's actually Hangers, which means wooded slopes rather than airplane garages.

Lols - I should stop making these things at 4 am :) will fix the typo, and try and work out what is going wrong at the 1 minute mark !

Last edited:
Found a great little fly-site today; legal, safe (except for the buzzards !), nice and wide open, and with spectacular views in all directions once you get above the tree-line. That was worth a video and a panorama, and a blog, so here they all are !

Video is a 4K to 1080P30 transcode, ISO 100, WB sunny / locked, Manual Exposure, 1/60 - 1/120, ND8 filter.
Very nice video ! I'm amazed on your long but smooth and beautiful clips. The pano was amazing as well. very nicely done.
I didn't see anything wrong on my end. What went wrong with yours ?:confused:

I think it must be related to the panorama processing - I see a fair amount of blocking along the top of the image just below the horizon and also in the right half of the image. It's almost as if a layer of frosted glass had been added.

Yep, none of these things turned out perfectly.

In the video, the bit Yukay is referring to is what I find happens when you have a slowly spinning camera, moving independently from the craft, whilst both are getting battered by wind, and I am getting rather closer to the treeline than I was aiming for, combined with moving a bit too fast. I suspect all those things, combined with the general sharpening algorithm applied during transcoding conspired to make that one section burry and weird.

I am also having some problems with the panoramas the H produces. I use MS ICE to process these, but in 50% of cases it fails to produce a usable result, and I am not yet sure why. I spent £20 on photo-stitcher as well, which sometimes succeeds where ICE fails, but sometimes even that errors, and won't produce the right result from the 18 pics I give it. Even when they do work, I find there are often matching / alignment errors at the horizon.

I might try the problem panoramas (the ones that error with all my stitching programs) with photomerge in Photoshop next, but so far I don't have a 100% way of guaranteeing that panoramas I take are going to actually work ! I've done about 12 now, and of those, 7 have worked ! :)

Last edited:
Reactions: YuKay

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drakemerch33