Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

video quality?

Reaction score
This is a video I did about 6 days ago.

Before Carolina Dronz shipped my Typhoon H to me, I had them install the "PEAU 3.97MM F/2.8 82D HFOV 16MP replacement lens". It appears to be good, but my eyes do deceive me at times.
(First time using the Curve Cable Cam mode, so it probably isn't that good.)

I believe that I pointed the cam in a direction that I liked the colors in the monitor of the ST16 and then I locked that white balance. Also, I believe that I manually set the exposure to 1/640 (ISO to 100 ?).

Any helpful advice with be greatly appreciated.

Allen

Very good definition for 1080p. I prefer to shoot in at least 1440 to get better resolution. Captain Drone produced a good video on camera settings.

Reactions: David Wilson
Very good definition for 1080p. I prefer to shoot in at least 1440 to get better resolution. Captain Drone produced a good video on camera settings.
Actually, I don't like recording in 4K since I don't use anything that supports 4k.

As far as his video, it must be in the 'eye of the beholder', because where he states the colors are good, I find them to be on the purple/pink side of the color spectrum.
(But that's just my opinion.)

Did the lens seem to be focused properly?

Allen

Reactions: Steve Carr
Actually, I don't like recording in 4K since I don't use anything that supports 4k.

As far as his video, it must be in the 'eye of the beholder', because where he states the colors are good, I find them to be on the purple/pink side of the color spectrum.

Allen
When I view it full screen it seems to be sharp and I don't see any color shift. It may be your monitor.
I can't view 4k on my computer either. However, I started using a different player and it works really well with no jerky video. You can find it here:

Downloads · MPC-HC

Reactions: abinder

Allen
Oops.......I think I misunderstood your comment about the colors. I thought you were referring to the video you posted. In the Captains video when he sets the white balance, there is some purple tint on the screen. I think that is simply from the indoor lighting he was using. When setting it outside, just pick whatever setting looks the best and lock it.

I can view on my laptop in 4k but only 1080 on my 40" monitor.

Overall, on the 40" monitor it seems to be slightly better in distance focus but equal to or not quite as good as the stock H lens for closer subjects. Color is good. On the laptop there's not much difference between your lens and the stock one on my H, but bear in mind we have the compression effects of YouTube to deal with. Yours might be better. Had you used Vimeo a much more accurate replication would have been presented.

On another thread someone noted that there might be a film on both the lens and the lens cover CGO3+. Now my eyes are old but I really can't tell that much difference between the standard lens and the Peau lens. Back in May when I got my TH I did clean both my lens and the cover Lens and I have had no problems.

This is a video I did about 6 days ago.

Before Carolina Dronz shipped my Typhoon H to me, I had them install the "PEAU 3.97MM F/2.8 82D HFOV 16MP replacement lens". It appears to be good, but my eyes do deceive me at times.
(First time using the Curve Cable Cam mode, so it probably isn't that good.)

I believe that I pointed the cam in a direction that I liked the colors in the monitor of the ST16 and then I locked that white balance. Also, I believe that I manually set the exposure to 1/640 (ISO to 100 ?).

Any helpful advice with be greatly appreciated.

Allen
The lens looks great for video! The difference between the original lens and the Peau lens can be seen on the outer edges of the image. The original lens will cause objects to stretch in size on the outer edge (especially when panning up/down and around) and the Peau lens will not. As for image quality both lenses are near identical (i.e., you want see any difference in colors or contrast).

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval