Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

atti and Gps mode

Reaction score
Is it not possible to find a way to switch very fast between atti and Gps mode. We have an non used push button on the st16. You should toggle between those two modes. Reason is that I was flying in atti (outside). A strong wind drove my H direction some trees. Than i switch directly to Gps on the touchscreen but this procedure is to long and complicated and sometimes it doesn't react immediately.
A hint for an update in the software

This has been requested for 2 years... don't hold your breath, waiting on it.

Hi... I didn't hit the tree. Lucky as I'm. But I just want to make the point that it's so difficult to switch quick between those two.

A forum search for "aux button" will reveal all... ;)

Last edited:
Reactions: cdadanny
Yuneec is not DJI. Yuneec does not have an “atti” mode;)
Indeed you are correct, Pat. No argument there. But I do see what the OP means. ATTI in a dji aircraft (and I only have experience with the P2 range) can be entered into using two methods: By a switch, and by not having enough satellites seen by the aircraft. The second example is what confuses some H owners who say they are in atti mode when they have switched GPS off. Not actually the same thing but the results are the same...no GPS assistance during the flight.

I admit that for ease I sometimes refer to being in atti when talking about my H. Technically wrong but old habits are hard to shake.

OMG... Points @ i... You really know what I mean

Indeed I do;).

Something we might want to recognize is that Yuneec does not like to alter the way their systems work, especially their transmitters and associated hardware. For them the act of adding an on screen GPS switch was almost a monumental event. In the past we had to perform the act of turning off GPS while the aircraft was on the ground by holding the right stick in a position while flipping the flight mode switch up and down rapidly a number of times. Once done it was in the new mode until it was landed for that process to be repeated or power cycled if you desired to get out of it. Back then that mode was called “Agility”. It was not an ideal way of doing things.

I’m certainly not making any excuses for them as I believe incorporating a physical switch to cycle GPS off and on should be a fairly simple thing to do, especially as they already have a “dead” button on the transmitter. For some reason what appears to be reasonable to us is not reasonable to them, or in their minds would require herculean effort to accomplish. In a way they may not feel such an effort necessary as when flying in Angle mode if GPS fails it essentially becomes an “atti” mode. By using a software switch that requires a couple steps to access they sort of assure the operator has to be fully aware of what they are doing when turning off GPS and not doing so by accidentally switching it off by bumping a physical switch or button. With the number of new users that complained of accidentally switching flight modes in flight after trying out their new aircraft, or crashed because they didn’t understand how the mode they were in functioned, meaning differences between Angle and Smart, it’s a hard call to fault the way they’ve set things up. The way they have it reduces warranty claims, which for Yuneec means retained revenue.

Ultimately, they could incorporate a physical switch but it will probably be a cold day in Hades before they consider it.

Reactions: AeroJ
Indeed I do;).

Something we might want to recognize is that Yuneec does not like to alter the way their systems work, especially their transmitters and associated hardware. For them the act of adding an on screen GPS switch was almost a monumental event. In the past we had to perform the act of turning off GPS while the aircraft was on the ground by holding the right stick in a position while flipping the flight mode switch up and down rapidly a number of times. Once done it was in the new mode until it was landed for that process to be repeated or power cycled if you desired to get out of it. Back then that mode was called “Agility”. It was not an ideal way of doing things.

I’m certainly not making any excuses for them as I believe incorporating a physical switch to cycle GPS off and on should be a fairly simple thing to do, especially as they already have a “dead” button on the transmitter. For some reason what appears to be reasonable to us is not reasonable to them, or in their minds would require herculean effort to accomplish. In a way they may not feel such an effort necessary as when flying in Angle mode if GPS fails it essentially becomes an “atti” mode. By using a software switch that requires a couple steps to access they sort of assure the operator has to be fully aware of what they are doing when turning off GPS and not doing so by accidentally switching it off by bumping a physical switch or button. With the number of new users that complained of accidentally switching flight modes in flight after trying out their new aircraft, or crashed because they didn’t understand how the mode they were in functioned, meaning differences between Angle and Smart, it’s a hard call to fault the way they’ve set things up. The way they have it reduces warranty claims, which for Yuneec means retained revenue.

Ultimately, they could incorporate a physical switch but it will probably be a cold day in Hades before they consider it.
It always gets cold in ****, **** Michigan that is.;)

My take is if it appears GPS is failing or has, I want to eliminate GPS altogether.

I know I was able to “save” my H520 when it became apparent I had pushed the limits of GPS under thick tree cover. Quick flick of the switch and control was mine.

Sorry, OTR!!!

Jeff

My take is if it appears GPS is failing or has, I want to eliminate GPS altogether.

I know I was able to “save” my H520 when it became apparent I had pushed the limits of GPS under thick tree cover. Quick flick of the switch and control was mine.

Sorry, OTR!!!

Jeff
So the 520 has a GPS disable switch?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval