Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Australia NSW help with Updating H plus link on controller

Reaction score
Hi guys I’ve been trying to update my new typhoon H Plus with no Avail,
I’ve tried two different servers.
Updated the android app via App Store.
Turned on st16s with out Drone logged on to my internet and clicked CHECK For Update then all I get is a Red (!) mark .
I heard the server could be down ???
Any help would be Awesome.
I’m in Australia nsw and will travel to anyone with the updates on a pc or sd that can help

The servers have been down for nearly a month. Can you take a screenshot of the download page on the ST16 that shows the current firmware installed? Then we can tell you if you need to update manually.
To take a screenshot you can press and hold the center button below the screen or take a pic with your phone.

Even before the servers were down, if you had one of the first releases of controller software, it couldn't find the update files. I guess they moved them.
Manually updating the ST16S with the full recovery image allowed mine to check correctly for updates (of course that would fail now due to the servers being down).

I got my files from Yuneec Drones Australia
Be very careful which files you choose - using the wrong files could brick things. I can't remember which camera firmware to use but I did mention it in a post here a few months back when I did my update.

Reactions: Leigh nsw H plus
The servers have been down for nearly a month. Can you take a screenshot of the download page on the ST16 that shows the current firmware installed? Then we can tell you if you need to update manually.
To take a screenshot you can press and hold the center button below the screen or take a pic with your phone.
Hi Steve A1BF1596-C1F7-4C77-B0E9-2B5341B96812.jpeg

Your controller is on the original Build 652. But if it does everything you need it to do, there is no real need to gamble on a failed update. For example, you mentioned you had updated the Controller APP, but the file dates displayed on your screenshot suggest that was not successful. The APP listed in the screenshot is still the original APP.
If you want to update, you can use the WTFD Project document linked below to update manually. The attachment has instructions and a link to a firmware repository provided by @Steve Carr. Build 822 is the current firmware. BE AWARE!! Your current build does not use "Redundant Flight Control". Build 822 does. Redundant flight control was first provided in Build 777. You should not mix builds in general. But you especially should not mix any build prior to Build 777 with Build 777 or any build later than 777. You must update the drone to the same firmware version as your controller, or you will likely experience periodic loss of control while in flight. Also, all the firmware in this repository is US firmware, and you have indicated you are in Australia. I do not know whether Australia uses US or EU firmware. If you need EU camera firmware, it can be found at "Yuneec Drones Australia" website. The camera firmware is the only thing different between EU and US.

Still want to upgrade? See Attachment 30 (SD Card Upgrade/Downgrade H Plus Firmware) of the PDF document attached to the thread "Way To Fix Drones project". There are some brief notes in an appendix at the end of the attachment if you want a little bit of information related to the various builds.

I do not know whether Australia uses US or EU firmware. If you need EU camera firmware, it can be found at "Yuneec Drones Australia" website. The camera firmware is the only thing different between EU and US.

My unit was bought from MWave in Australia - I can only assume it came via the official importer, but when I asked a while back, I discovered mine was "E" firmware... It actually says the letter in the version if you let the drone connect to the controller (and have the camera feed showing) before opening the firmware version info.

Reactions: Leigh nsw H plus

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval