Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Auxiliary supply

Reaction score
Is it possible to remove the camera cable from the body and fit a servo to use for fishing, fitting another cable and use the toggle switch for camera as a power supply to servo?

Yep, I've seen some with the fishing line just hanging. But I don't think I've seen one with a servo twitching, pulling, or reeling in the line.

That's what I'm looking for.

B4 you all get too excited I am looking at taking line and weight out 100mts + and need a release pin hence servo. Maybe Yuneec can answer the question. Fish size would b far to heavy for quad, might have a go at bait fishing with it

In the US, it's illegal to drop things from a flying craft, that may be why someone hasn't invented a drop device accessory. I've looked for a drop device for my craft but can't find anything to adapt that's simple and cheap. I want it for search and rescue, dropping a cellphone, dropping a leader string to ropes, dropping medicine/bandages, etc. A drop device has got to be an easy thing to design. Just look at the proto X nano quad, those are $40 with controller and you can fly those 100 meters away. Wifi can easily go 100mts outdoors. If someone invented a clamp on drop device that was self powered, rechargable, and operated 100mts away with a simple little thumb drive sized trigger, they would make lots of money. I think there's a huge demand for that, even though it's illegal. I think the feds are concerned about dropping drugs, guns & ammo (in prison areas) from the air, which would cause chaos. Even so, I expect someone, someday, to offer a light-weight wireless drop device, ideal for drones.

I'm not 100% sure on the legality here in New Zealand but there is a company that has made a base plate with servo for a dji phantom 2 using the controller auxiliary. Mounted where gimball would normally fit.
Weight is loaded through release pin.

In the US, it's illegal to drop things from a flying craft, that may be why someone hasn't invented a drop device accessory. I've looked for a drop device for my craft but can't find anything to adapt that's simple and cheap. I want it for search and rescue, dropping a cellphone, dropping a leader string to ropes, dropping medicine/bandages, etc. A drop device has got to be an easy thing to design. Just look at the proto X nano quad, those are $40 with controller and you can fly those 100 meters away. Wifi can easily go 100mts outdoors. If someone invented a clamp on drop device that was self powered, rechargable, and operated 100mts away with a simple little thumb drive sized trigger, they would make lots of money. I think there's a huge demand for that, even though it's illegal. I think the feds are concerned about dropping drugs, guns & ammo (in prison areas) from the air, which would cause chaos. Even so, I expect someone, someday, to offer a light-weight wireless drop device, ideal for drones.
I for-see another Bruce Willes Die Hard Release – Die Hard 4 “PRISON BREAK” LOL

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bech