Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Bad H reports true or false?

No he's not trolling, Even at 1080 you can see the limitations of the lens and the camera

You would actually swear black is white, wouldn't you? There's an image showing pixel detail in seaweed, no sign of compression artifacts and perfectly in focus.

Guys, I'm sorry for rising to the bait, I'm sure this is as frustrating to you as it is to me. Well, there's one way to stop the argument... click.

Starting to wonder if some of these bad h reports are not just. Yuneec haters or people promoting dji. I know it goes on in every field .

It would be to dji interest to have people post bad things about the typhoon h in order to scare people away from making the purchase .

I know some are real . but you tend to wonder with all the dji discussion. Going on on a yuneec forum .

Sent from my LG-H830 using Tapatalk
The fact that Yuneec has had my H in their possession for over a month leads me to believe they are backed up with repairs.

Reactions: SkyDoctor
The H is perfect for me ... plus I got it for $1K .. much cheaper than a Phantom 4 .. but I'm not a professional photographer only using this as a hobby, so I couldnt care less about blurry or soft edges .. my camera images looks great and the H fly's great ... maybe I am in the minority of buyers that received the perfect device ... I love it! I'm not a Yuneec fan either ... my first drone of any kind.

Well said at least one person here who enjoys flying is H as I do. For Godsake get a life the lot of you debating this debating that. My Drone is better than your Drone.

Just enjoy what you have and make the most of it. These are Two totally different platforms one on its 4th generation and the other on its 1st. Give them a flaming chance to sort out bugs and firmware issues. And to all you trolls and DJI fan boys you really need to get a grip and stop crying. Just go and have a look on the P4 forum and all the issues you lot are having. I rest my case. Rant over.

But the test results we can't deny for example the video quality,I experienced when our H Facing light the picture becomes dark and slowly tilt the camera downward it will become clear, but dji won't, dji video quality really much better than our H,and when hovering our H keep descend,our battery not even show us in percentage and estimates many long we stil can fly, the camera settings can't be change during the flight to suit the environment, no realtime map, RTH height can't be change , other than this to me battery charging time, obstacles avoidance, etc is not important, hope Yuneec improved the camera May in future we can upgrade to a better camera.
Sorry goh, trotting out the same sad picky points here... Almost word for word like the "totally unbiased Tim", all old topics and not important to a lot of flyers...
dji running scared.

Reactions: Michael Walker
Too many reports coming in that are from real world H end users. Though I returned my H,I am not a hater or a DJI shill for that matter. I went with a craft that delivered on its capablities. It just happened to be the P4. $1299 is a lot of money for a lot of people. Getting a multi-rotor that delivers what the manufacturer advertised is not asking to much. The H is a camera platform. The H does not deliver on that as advertised stance.
I had my first H just drop for no apparent reason, now on route to CA.
I bought a second one because i had such good luck with Chroma. Second one has had maiden flight and seems ok taking it slow until i know all is ok
Tim

I love my H, I've only had 1 issue with it and now that I have updated the firmware its even better! It is WAY more stable than my Q500 4k.

I think the main issue is that people come on here to talk garbage because they spent all of their allowance on the H. When it shows up, they don't take time to Calibrate it, read the manual, watch the videos showing you what to do and what not to do. They cannot afford to pay attention or to fix it when they do something stupid and then they cry about it...

That being said, there are some people with real issues, but so far Yuneec has taken care of them from what I can tell on here.

Well, you will always have problems with electronic devices and with drones the electronics are sophisticated DJI had problems when they first launched the phantom and they still have issues. So it goes with the territory, now are Typhoon H errors massive I don't think so. I had an issue with my Typhoon H on the 5th of July. Yuneec received it on the 7th (I'm in CA too) and they turned it around and I had it back in my hands on the 19th of July. Ran about 5 batteries so far through it and it seems rock solid.

So yes there are issues but it doesn't seem to be wide spread. It does look like they addressed a lot of concerns with the latest firmware. But as I mentioned before "You fix one thing and it effects another function even when you thought it wouldn't", it will take time to shake out all the fixes. They do still need to address the camera quality issue as it's not as advertised. Mine is in focus and I have no issues (knock on wood) takes good photos and video but it does need to get there.

Last edited:
Reactions: NRRTRAINS
I'd say it is about 50-50, Trolls and real issues;)

I don't care who the company is, there are going to be quality issues here and there with a few of the items that make it off the assembly line. It's inevitable. If airline part manufacturer's can't avoid it, how can you expect drone companies to avoid it with how less stringent quality control is on drones? DJIs sometimes have quality issues. 3DR Solos sometimes have quality issues.

My issue is how poorly I've been seeing (in addition to my experience with) Yuneec handling these 1-2% of drones that have issues. That's the tell-tale factor that will turn people against the brand and make neutral people into DJI junkees.

I don't care who the company is, there are going to be quality issues here and there with a few of the items that make it off the assembly line. It's inevitable. If airline part manufacturer's can't avoid it, how can you expect drone companies to avoid it with how less stringent quality control is on drones? DJIs sometimes have quality issues. 3DR Solos sometimes have quality issues.

My issue is how poorly I've been seeing (in addition to my experience with) Yuneec handling these 1-2% of drones that have issues. That's the tell-tale factor that will turn people against the brand and make neutral people into DJI junkees.

I see a lot of people including myself that have been taken care of by Yuneec and more reports of DJI complaints so it depends on how you look at it. Mine went sent in on he 5th and in my hands on the 19th that's a pretty good turn around no charge. Are they perfect not by a long shot. But I don't think the other company could have done better.

Of course on both brands you going to hear more about complaints than praise of the company that's human nature. Especially if you feel or had a bad experience with a company but there are always two sides of the story.

I see a lot of people including myself that have been taken care of by Yuneec and more reports of DJI complaints so it depends on how you look at it. Mine went sent in on he 5th and in my hands on the 19th that's a pretty good turn around no charge. Are they perfect not by a long shot. But I don't think the other company could have done better.

Of course on both brands you going to hear more about complaints than praise of the company that's human nature. Especially if you feel or had a bad experience with a company but there are always two sides of the story.

Yea, I was so saddened from my bad experience after hearing of so many good ones (part of the reason I went with the Typhoon H was so many good stories of working with customer support). I still see that as a long time for a warranty repair, unless you don't live in the States. Keep in mind, since DJI is probably 90% of the market, of course you'll see a lot more reports of complaints just due to higher volume. But yea, not everyone is going to have a good/fair experience with most companies out there no matter the industry, and even without that, some customers just can never be pleased.

Yes there are always 2 sides of every story. If Yuneec would always be that good that they believe everyone that has crashed is a fault of hardware and not a pilot error, Yuneec would be dead, because all people they have must be fired and can't be paid anymore....
So they have to do research if the crash was faulty hardware..... and yes, than it will be you against Yuneec.... and if there is no doubt it was hardware, yuneec will reolve it by no costs

There all over the place, Tom Tech video was the best rehearsed anti H video yet. Never seen a product scare the **** out of another companies as the H.
As people know, TTT is a moron. I don't even care anymore.

He is likable looking, and quite affable but he doesn't know what the **** he is talking about on any level and DOES A GREAT job at making it seem so. I almost respect him for making it seem like he knows stuff when he knows nothing.

He made a video that shows you "how to fly in ATTI mode" and I thought it was good and then I thought about it and I was like wait, what did I learn other than what ATTI mode IS. Nothing!

Then of course there was the infamous "How to make a professional 4k cinematic look with your P4" using UHD at 30fps which is literally television at a TV fps and his 30+K followers just liked it up, ate it up, and when I tried to tell people the truth, I got so much crap, I couldn't believe it.

I tried to talk to him privately to tell him and he just got his back up and so I made a video showing that he was wrong, not because I wanted to show he was wrong but because he was so wrong that it was a good way to show what was right. Sort of using his wrongness as a backdrop for what is.

Anyway, still people got their back up a little. Something I've come to find out is that (and with all the humility that I can muster and say this), I know more about videography and codecs, formats and different types of shots than the majority of people not on this forum but everywhere. Just like an insurance salesman knows more about insurance. It's his job. I don't love it. It's not even what I love doing most but it is what it is.

So TTT of course doesn't want the TH to take away some of his thunder because the $600 a month he makes on adsense and the free swag and invite to local events he gets for his following would go away if it dwindled and even DJI posted on their main board the ATTI thing and thats when I fully lost respect for their community. Don't watch TTT, and don't take anything he takes with any sort of knowledge because I would say most of the people that I see posting on this board know more than he does, they just don't fake the funk and have a little more humility. Every time he takes those eyes and tells me he wants to make me a better film maker and then says something so wrong that I post it in the AVS forums as a joke, I want to vomit.

I am sorry for all the TTT lovers that will probably flame me for this, but the guy just says stuff and learns and occasionally gets it right and when he does, he puts it together VERY WELL. I will give him that. He knows how to put together a GREAT looking youtube channel. Even though he doesn't make his own graphics and stuff like that, of which I don't have a problem with but he is an absolute con artist feeding on people that don't know and that just bothers me.

You don't make someone an artist by telling them how to do a brush stroke. You give them the paint, you tell them the different strokes, and then you paint and let the artist be the artist. The next time someone tells you they are going to make you a better artist, stop listening to them and he says it pretty much at every video. With his condenser mic, his sly glasses and those looks. Ugh, sorry. I should erase this post. It's nothing but a flame on someone that I'm going to get crap for. I know many of you love him and honestly if he wasn't preying on the people that are going to get mad at me for saying this, I would not care what he does. Truly would not.

I was actually subscribed to his channel before I heard him start talking about things that I knew about and realized that he was not only just saying incorrect things, but glossing over things he didn't have any idea about and straight up lying about other things (or I'll give him the benefit and say mis-informing by accident?).

He is has one goal, and it aint to make you a better flier, photographer, or anything else. It's to get swag and monetize his YT channel and that's fine if he's doing it with good info but he's not so it bothers me. I should talk to my shrink about this. It's definitely not healthy for me to care about him ripping off other people. Again, it doesn't bother me, it bothers me that other people don't know. It's like picking on a person that just doesn't know. I don't know how there aren't more people that don't realize how wrong he is.

Do this, go though his comments (especially about photography and cinematography, as he knows a lot more about flying than he does cameras) and find the nay sayers in the comment. It's not like "everything is right but this", it's like "what the **** are you talking about dude?".

And if you really want to laugh, I'll link to the AVS forums (these are the nerdiest videophiles you'll find this side of Tatooine) who just have a field day with the stuff he says.

Ok, I know I should delete this as it's gonna make someone real upset at me.

For those people, I'm sorry in advance.

FTR, I have the H and the P4. RIGHT NOW, I enjoy flying the H a lot more than the P4 because I had a P2, a P3 and a P4 before the H and I also have a Tornado and a S1000 for real shots when I'm not trying to have fun.

For flying, there is no comparison right now, the H is more fun. Period. Is it because its a novelty? I don't know. I'll tell you in a month. I still fly the P4 on occasion but its just a different experience and so I fly the H mostly for fun currently (I never owned the Q500, just don't like how it flies and is too similar to the PXs). So for flying, AT THE MOMENT, no contest, H.

For camera, there really isn't a competition IMO, the P4 destroys the H camera in every way, and I do know how to set the settings. It's not even close but that said, they both suck.

As I've said before, the 4k camera on an iPhone 6s is 5x better than either one and they don't even have the 20mm lens. Its more like 4mm.

This will change over time (as long as people stop them from wasting money on useless things like optical zooms for infinite vistas) and pay more attention to things like chips, speed increases and integration and if people WOULD LEARN ABOUT CODECS and understand that they don't want to catabolize their Tornados and Matrices so they take out video and make it better than h.264 and instead at least a prosumer deliverable.

UNTIL THESE CAMERAS start delivering codecs that are above a point and shoot, they will be nothing more than prosumer drones with barely consumer level cameras. THESE ARE NOT PROSUMER CAMERAS. Even on the consumer market, if you bought this camera for more than $50 you should be PISSED! So these cameras are not good, and for what they are, they are actually quite good. If you knew how much technology went into taking these tiny cameras and making them look even decent with an onboard AVC hardware h.264 encoder, you would be amazed. Sony is working with DJI, Panasonic is working with Yuneec. Both very capable. But Sony makes the A7 series which does much better in the dark because of it's dynamic range and gamma capabilities (again, I'm not a DP, I'm a VFX guy) but I know this stuff because my job makes me have to work in tandem with the DP.

So what am I saying? I don't know. Terrible ADD, OCD and a lot of other things that make me just go on tangents but if this was an important e-mail I would have to spent another 45 minutes going back, erasing and fixing the non-sense but since it aint, I won't. :)

I hope there is some useful information in there somewhere and I am sorry to the TTT lovers out there that are going to flame me. If I had the inclination, I would go back and erase it but I don't have it in me at the moment. I will later. He's probably a great guy, but when someone said he made a rehearsed video trashing the H, it just furthers my theory about the guy and sort of lit a flame I let die.

Off soapbox.

Last edited:
Reactions: cyberhiker and Tuna
@Jussaguy Top rant! :) I think I've said it before, but I'm fairly sure TTT provides enough material to do a really good parody video :D

Reactions: Jussaguy
Now Tuna if you just understood bitrate......
Don't know if this is an inside joke.

But it's real simple and Tuna, I'm your man forever from your last comment.

Everyone is fixed on resolution when it comes to quality.

Ever export something and you can see the size of the file jump way up if you jack up the bitrate which is measured in mbps (small b means bit, as opposed to a large B which means Byte). To not confuse you, I won't go into the difference of a bit and a byte but just know bitrate (by its very name is how many mega-bits are recorded in a second of video which a second depends on your frame rate. 24fps is 24 frames in a second and 60fps is 60 frames in a second which should explain why sped up cameras need higher bit rates).

What does it mean? Let's say you had an 8k camera that shot (and this would never happen, an extreme for example) 1mbps you would have an 8K resolution video that every 24 frames if 24fps would record 1 single bit of video.

If you had a 640x480 video and it also shot at 1mbps, it would also look like dog poop but it would look better than your 8k because 8k requires MORE BITS! Lots more!

At 4K, we really need more than 60mbps which is what we get with the P4 and what we get with our Hs is still a debate but let's say it's 100 like they market it.

That's extremely better for 4K then 60. It would be better for any resolution but higher resolutions like 4K, 6k and so forth need higher bitrates simply because of their size.

So the faster your camera (measured in bitrate) matched with the proper media (a microSD card in our birds), the better the image because we are fitting more video info into each second because of the speed it's recording and the speed it's writing to the card which is why we must use fast cards. Currently there is really only one or two cards that write fast enough as far as I'm concerned.

That's all it is, it's like mph of your video. And you need to capture it at the speed it's coming in to get the best image.

Simple as that.

Of course there are a million other things that matter for it to look good like size of lens, controlability, lighting, etc but bitrate is probably one of if not the most important thing on your cam because no matter how good everything else is, if you have too low a bitrate, you can't capture it well.

If you have a Ferrari and put a Hyundai engine in it, it's gonna run like a Hundai.

Give me fast 1080p over slow 4K all day. If we're taking big difference that is.

Resolution is the new marketing. Higher resolution must look better right? Well yes but no. Need speed.

Take the X5R. It needs super fast bitrate because it records raw (large file and therefore more bits in a second of video because at the end of the day, bits just means size and bitrate means the speed of size) and therefore it needs high speed with something that can record fast so it comes with a companion SSD drive which if memory serves has a speed of between 350-500mbps when right now the fastest micro cards (un striped anyway) are at like 150, maybe 200 and there are like 2 of them. Most have speeds "up to 95" and won't promise lower than 20 or 30mbps. There are some cameras with striped MicroSD cards from Mike 5-6 years ago. The HVX by Panasonic I used to have had something called actually P4 media which was a little box with multiple as cards in it striped for speed. Tangent here but striped drives are multiple drives that go back and forth reading and writing which exponentially increase speed with each one. I believe my HVX had 4 cards in each unit making it SSD fast. Was ahead of its time. Back to bitrate.

If you already knew all this, maybe someone else will know now.

That is if I didn't once again make a simple idea too long and drawn out.

In reality, it's not completely simple. It just becomes second nature but in reality, it's fairly complicated.

Last edited:
As people know, TTT is a moron. I don't even care anymore.

He is likable looking, and quite affable but he doesn't know what the **** he is talking about on any level and DOES A GREAT job at making it seem so. I almost respect him for making it seem like he knows stuff when he knows nothing.

He made a video that shows you "how to fly in ATTI mode" and I thought it was good and then I thought about it and I was like wait, what did I learn other than what ATTI mode IS. Nothing!

Then of course there was the infamous "How to make a professional 4k cinematic look with your P4" using UHD at 30fps which is literally television at a TV fps and his 30+K followers just liked it up, ate it up, and when I tried to tell people the truth, I got so much crap, I couldn't believe it.

I tried to talk to him privately to tell him and he just got his back up and so I made a video showing that he was wrong, not because I wanted to show he was wrong but because he was so wrong that it was a good way to show what was right. Sort of using his wrongness as a backdrop for what is.

Anyway, still people got their back up a little. Something I've come to find out is that (and with all the humility that I can muster and say this), I know more about videography and codecs, formats and different types of shots than the majority of people not on this forum but everywhere. Just like an insurance salesman knows more about insurance. It's his job. I don't love it. It's not even what I love doing most but it is what it is.

So TTT of course doesn't want the TH to take away some of his thunder because the $600 a month he makes on adsense and the free swag and invite to local events he gets for his following would go away if it dwindled and even DJI posted on their main board the ATTI thing and thats when I fully lost respect for their community. Don't watch TTT, and don't take anything he takes with any sort of knowledge because I would say most of the people that I see posting on this board know more than he does, they just don't fake the funk and have a little more humility. Every time he takes those eyes and tells me he wants to make me a better film maker and then says something so wrong that I post it in the AVS forums as a joke, I want to vomit.

I am sorry for all the TTT lovers that will probably flame me for this, but the guy just says stuff and learns and occasionally gets it right and when he does, he puts it together VERY WELL. I will give him that. He knows how to put together a GREAT looking youtube channel. Even though he doesn't make his own graphics and stuff like that, of which I don't have a problem with but he is an absolute con artist feeding on people that don't know and that just bothers me.

You don't make someone an artist by telling them how to do a brush stroke. You give them the paint, you tell them the different strokes, and then you paint and let the artist be the artist. The next time someone tells you they are going to make you a better artist, stop listening to them and he says it pretty much at every video. With his condenser mic, his sly glasses and those looks. Ugh, sorry. I should erase this post. It's nothing but a flame on someone that I'm going to get crap for. I know many of you love him and honestly if he wasn't preying on the people that are going to get mad at me for saying this, I would not care what he does. Truly would not.

I was actually subscribed to his channel before I heard him start talking about things that I knew about and realized that he was not only just saying incorrect things, but glossing over things he didn't have any idea about and straight up lying about other things (or I'll give him the benefit and say mis-informing by accident?).

He is has one goal, and it aint to make you a better flier, photographer, or anything else. It's to get swag and monetize his YT channel and that's fine if he's doing it with good info but he's not so it bothers me. I should talk to my shrink about this. It's definitely not healthy for me to care about him ripping off other people. Again, it doesn't bother me, it bothers me that other people don't know. It's like picking on a person that just doesn't know. I don't know how there aren't more people that don't realize how wrong he is.

Do this, go though his comments (especially about photography and cinematography, as he knows a lot more about flying than he does cameras) and find the nay sayers in the comment. It's not like "everything is right but this", it's like "what the **** are you talking about dude?".

And if you really want to laugh, I'll link to the AVS forums (these are the nerdiest videophiles you'll find this side of Tatooine) who just have a field day with the stuff he says.

Ok, I know I should delete this as it's gonna make someone real upset at me.

For those people, I'm sorry in advance.

FTR, I have the H and the P4. RIGHT NOW, I enjoy flying the H a lot more than the P4 because I had a P2, a P3 and a P4 before the H and I also have a Tornado and a S1000 for real shots when I'm not trying to have fun.

For flying, there is no comparison right now, the H is more fun. Period. Is it because its a novelty? I don't know. I'll tell you in a month. I still fly the P4 on occasion but its just a different experience and so I fly the H mostly for fun currently (I never owned the Q500, just don't like how it flies and is too similar to the PXs). So for flying, AT THE MOMENT, no contest, H.

For camera, there really isn't a competition IMO, the P4 destroys the H camera in every way, and I do know how to set the settings. It's not even close but that said, they both suck.

As I've said before, the 4k camera on an iPhone 6s is 5x better than either one and they don't even have the 20mm lens. Its more like 4mm.

This will change over time (as long as people stop them from wasting money on useless things like optical zooms for infinite vistas) and pay more attention to things like chips, speed increases and integration and if people WOULD LEARN ABOUT CODECS and understand that they don't want to catabolize their Tornados and Matrices so they take out video and make it better than h.264 and instead at least a prosumer deliverable.

UNTIL THESE CAMERAS start delivering codecs that are above a point and shoot, they will be nothing more than prosumer drones with barely consumer level cameras. THESE ARE NOT PROSUMER CAMERAS. Even on the consumer market, if you bought this camera for more than $50 you should be PISSED! So these cameras are not good, and for what they are, they are actually quite good. If you knew how much technology went into taking these tiny cameras and making them look even decent with an onboard AVC hardware h.264 encoder, you would be amazed. Sony is working with DJI, Panasonic is working with Yuneec. Both very capable. But Sony makes the A7 series which does much better in the dark because of it's dynamic range and gamma capabilities (again, I'm not a DP, I'm a VFX guy) but I know this stuff because my job makes me have to work in tandem with the DP.

So what am I saying? I don't know. Terrible ADD, OCD and a lot of other things that make me just go on tangents but if this was an important e-mail I would have to spent another 45 minutes going back, erasing and fixing the non-sense but since it aint, I won't. :)

I hope there is some useful information in there somewhere and I am sorry to the TTT lovers out there that are going to flame me. If I had the inclination, I would go back and erase it but I don't have it in me at the moment. I will later. He's probably a great guy, but when someone said he made a rehearsed video trashing the H, it just furthers my theory about the guy and sort of lit a flame I let die.

Off soapbox.
No your not flaming anyone,the guys phony nothing but a quick write up. He's all out for Tom,and that's his game and ticket. I have tried to talk to him and challenged him to a side by side demo on YouTube.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval