Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Bad H reports true or false?

Bad H reports?

The only items that are 100% justified as bad reports would be the camera, camera interface and battery charge/battery flight time. If you grew up under a rock and are still driving a model T Ford, then those items don't matter to you. However, for those of us who have seen and lived the orher side of what is very common place for 2015/2016, then the Typhoon H falls short.

Everything else, for me anyways, I think the H does well enough. I'm looking forward to Yuneec or a 3rd part addressing the camera and battery.

I would be surprised if Yuneec did not address the camera shortly. They came out with a fast charge adapter for the Chroma pretty quick so those making the aftermarket adapters need to produce as many as they can and get them sold before Yuneec does it again. These aftermarket adapters selling for $25.00 to $40.00+ are going to see the rug pulled out from underneath their feet fairly soon I believe. The Chroma adapter ended up selling for only $10.00.

Reactions: humboldt 707
The Chroma uses a similar lay out to the H battery, with the H battery adding three pins and another flat. The flats are little more than modified Deans connectors. If and when Yuneec produces a fast charger, perhaps the price will skyrocket to $15.99 -$17.99.... We should not forget these things are being made in the land of dirt cheap labor and materials, with few regulations hindering them.

I don't disagree with you on form factor and reason, although we have so many people with no lipo experience buying these things I can understand finding a means to prevent them from over charging and burning their house down. Other than that, proprietary batteries, regardless of who is stuffing them in their systems, is all about forcing the customer to buy from the OEM something he could otherwise get cheaper and of higher quality elsewhere

The chroma uses a pretty standard plug. The H battery doesn't and is an odd form factor just for the sake of being an odd form factor and making you buy their batteries
Kind of like DJI except they don't fall out of the sky because of a "smart" battery.

Reactions: humboldt 707
Yes there are always 2 sides of every story. If Yuneec would always be that good that they believe everyone that has crashed is a fault of hardware and not a pilot error, Yuneec would be dead, because all people they have must be fired and can't be paid anymore....
So they have to do research if the crash was faulty hardware..... and yes, than it will be you against Yuneec.... and if there is no doubt it was hardware, yuneec will reolve it by no costs

Yea, but making me wait for a week with this brick and then refusing to provide an expedited shipping label along with the RMA slip is just terrible service...I didn't sit around and do nothing with the issue for days, they did.

Yea, but making me wait for a week with this brick and then refusing to provide an expedited shipping label along with the RMA slip is just terrible service...I didn't sit around and do nothing with the issue for days, they did.
They do supply a shipping label as well as RMA. If you are nice to them, they may even cross ship a replacement.

They do supply a shipping label as well as RMA. If you are nice to them, they may even cross ship a replacement.

That was the exact opposite of my experience, and I was quite amiable. They were quite responsive as far as getting back right away to me that they received an email, but I was getting no actual answers even after a few days. Their treatment of my out-of-box issue really turned me off to them, as well as a handful of filmmakers. When they said it would take probably a couple weeks for the repair, I asked about them covering expedited shipping (since if they had issued an RMA in the first place, they would have already had it by then) and they adamantly rejected it, saying that I can't be saying it's their fault...I was just trying to recover lost time on the open issue.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DHYradio