Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Batteries, get them while you can.

Many may not be aware, but the best batteries on the planet come from two manufacturers, Max Amps and GensAce/Tattu. I use both of them on my larger aircraft because I can always trust them, their performance is superior to any other battery I've used, they always have a longer life cycle if treated relatively well, and are often lighter than other brands. As soon as I saw these were Tattu I jumped on the deal and bought a pair. Got an extra 10% off for signing up for the new letter while I was at it. Oh, and they state they are 6300ma batteries as well, not 5400ma like Yuneec calls them out.

So $100.00 and free shipping for two super batteries. What a deal!!

Hello,

Thank you for having me in this great forum.

I am newbie in drones and bought me a Typhoon H Real Sense because this thingie looked quite modular and pilot-friendly. Now I saw these batteries, do they give longer flight (as their specs make me think so) ?

Thx.

Aernout

Delta,

Using the battery specs doesn't help to establish an answer for your flight time question at this time. Although the Tattu battery is listed as 6300ma and Yuneec lists their battery as 5400ma there has been for some time strong suspicion the Yuneec battery is under rated in capacity. They have done this before with their Chroma batteries.

A bit more history of what has been taking place with battery sizes and shipping would show that early last year or late the year before all the air carriers became concerned about lipo battery fires and limited the sizes and quantities that could be shipped on passenger carrying flights, with some of those restrictions being carried over to freight flights a bit later. This increased the shipping costs the battery manufacturers had to pay to move their stuff to point of sale. They had to pay more to ship less. At least one battery manufacturer was putting a second label over the original battery label to make it appear the batteries being shipped were smaller in capacity than they actually were. Not long after that Yuneec was listing batteries at a smaller size than they actually were. Accident or intended I do not know but what I do know is the H battery can be discharged down to a safe voltage level and during a 1C charging process experience a lot longer charge time and input of many more mA to complete than would normally be associated with a battery of the rated capacity. This suggests the stock batteries are of a higher capacity than listed on the label.

Back to the Tattu batteries, even if they don't provide more flight time, they might but who cares, you will be obtaining a high quality battery for $75.00 less than you would pay for a new Yuneec battery. From my perspective it's a no brainer. Buy the Tattu's if you are in the market for some batteries. $55.00 or $130.00, which works better for you?

Last edited:
Many may not be aware, but the best batteries on the planet come from two manufacturers, Max Amps and GensAce/Tattu. I use both of them on my larger aircraft because I can always trust them, their performance is superior to any other battery I've used, they always have a longer life cycle if treated relatively well, and are often lighter than other brands. As soon as I saw these were Tattu I jumped on the deal and bought a pair. Got an extra 10% off for signing up for the new letter while I was at it. Oh, and they state they are 6300ma batteries as well, not 5400ma like Yuneec calls them out.

agreed, i use tattus on my non dji aircraft and they are great so I might see how i can get some of these to try in the UK

Glad to be able to help and that you all jumped on board when you did. There back up to $88.99ea.

Later Tom

At the moment they are 63,75 @Genstattu.com, have a look look under HotDeals.
The offer -$12 looks to be still available too, as is subscribing to newsletter for -10%.

They do not ship over here :)

Cheers

Aernout

Still a good deal, even less if you signup for the newsletter, which you can cancel later.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: KEITH KUHN

Since Pat recommended these batteries I'm buying 2. But Pat, how did you get 2 coupon codes to work. The code they email you for signing up for the newsletter is the same as discount as the Happy12 code on their website. I could only get 1 code to apply.

Since Pat recommended these batteries I'm buying 2. But Pat, how did you get 2 coupon codes to work. The code they email you for signing up for the newsletter is the same as discount as the Happy12 code on their website. I could only get 1 code to apply.

You don't. I contacted them and they said only one coupon can be entered.

I entered one code for the order. Two $55 batteries, quantity updated to two via the cart update function, ended up $100 and some change.

AHHH, well the price has gone up, but I may have misread your comment. Thought you meant you saved an additional 10% by subscribing to the newsletter after using the HAPPY12 coupon code. Hopefully the price will stay where it's at for a while, I want to have 6 batteries so another 2 at this price is a pretty good deal.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacuzi