Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Battery Carrying Case Options?

Reaction score
My lovely wife surprised me today with two new batteries for my H, so now I have four. The backpack case that I got with the unit doesn't appear to be set up to carry more than two unless I'm missing something.

So how do the pros carry extra batteries? I'm hoping there are options more elegant than a couple of old socks in the top of the backpack. LOL!

I have eight genuine Yuneec batteries. I keep mine in LiPo sacks and then store these in ammo boxes (ventilated). I have two ammo boxes which each hold four batteries. Depending on where I am travelling and how many flights I am planning, I may only take one box with me. Either way, the batteries are always stored in these boxes.
Admittedly, I am carrying around extra items, but I figure it is a safe and compact way to transport the batteries.

If it uses the original foam carrier then there should be a battery slot over the landing gear on each side.

I have eight genuine Yuneec batteries. I keep mine in LiPo sacks and then store these in ammo boxes (ventilated). I have two ammo boxes which each hold four batteries. Depending on where I am travelling and how many flights I am planning, I may only take one box with me. Either way, the batteries are always stored in these boxes.
Admittedly, I am carrying around extra items, but I figure it is a safe and compact way to transport the batteries.
I found space on the left side back where the landing leg is, there is room for two batteries. I put a small pice of foam to stop them from rattling around.

I keep mine in to original foam case. It will hold 4. I have a small foam cooler that has about
1" thick sides that I use on real hot or cold days. helps to keep the batteries from getting to hot/cold in the field. I also use the foam cooler for my other fixed wing lipos as well. Just don't store your batteries discharged. Always recharge them to a full charge if you are going to fly in the next few days. If not flying, keep them at a storage voltage. One thing Yuneec screwed up on is that they did not put a storage mode on their charger.

Reactions: Bionic816
I made a separate carrying case for my Battery Charger, powers supply, 4 batteries, accessories and cables. I purchased a 21" pelican type hard case with pick-n-pluck foam off eBay. On the bottom section I have my Charger and power supply, On the top I have my 4 batteries with room for 4 more. To the right of that I have a plastic container that holds all my charging cables and other accessories.

Attachments

• 2016-12-03 09.32.56.jpg
    441.3 KB · Views: 31
  • 2016-11-29 12.46.55-1.jpg
    596.5 KB · Views: 31
  • 2016-11-29 12.45.36-1.jpg
    644.9 KB · Views: 32
Last edited:
My lovely wife surprised me today with two new batteries for my H, so now I have four. The backpack case that I got with the unit doesn't appear to be set up to carry more than two unless I'm missing something.

So how do the pros carry extra batteries? I'm hoping there are options more elegant than a couple of old socks in the top of the backpack. LOL!
I used to carry my extra batteries for my Phantom 2 V+ in old socks before I got a bit more sophisticated. The arrangement worked well but as I became more professional about it I stopped using the socks. For the Phantom, now, I have storage in my backpack to hold 4 batteries which is well adequate for my needs, and for the H I also have room for 4 using the original foam that the H came in: The two obvious spaces, and room for two more in the voids where the landing legs go.

The arrangements for both aircraft regarding conveyance of the batteries, then, are adequate for my needs since, to date, I've only ever once used more than 4 batteries in one day, and on that day an old sock played it's part.

LIPOs can be unstable (charged, discharged, or in storage mode). If a LIPO goes off in your car without adequate protection the results could be disastrous. If your car survives it is almost certain the interior will suffer damage from the smoke/fumes that LIPOs release when they fail. Like ArnhemAnt I will only store my LIPOs in metal ammo cans. Several sizes (I use the 50MM cans) are available on Ebay from many different sellers. I don't ventilate them because if a LIPO decides to explode I feel the less air the better. I have been doing this for many years with aircraft and now with the Typhoon H. Cheap insurance for the "chance" that a LIPO goes rogue! Could also happen in your home storage and be even more disastrous. I do have an ammo can that I use for charge purposes. I have a hole in the side that I can feed charge wires through. At least the result will be contained if during the charge cycle the battery goes rogue. I have a friend that lost his home due to LIPOs. Don't let this happen to you!

I have a friend that lost his home due to LIPOs. Don't let this happen to you![/QUOTE]

Just for reference, can you please give us a little more detail on what happened? Where and how was he charging his batteries? Was he using the factory charger? Was he charging multiple batteries at once? Was he charging the batteries at a higher rate than what the manufacturer recommendation? Thanks.

Thanks to all for the carrying and storage information. I wasn't aware of the danger with LiPo's so I see a couple of ammo cans in my future pronto!

Reactions: Jester
I have a friend that lost his home due to LIPOs. Don't let this happen to you!

Just for reference, can you please give us a little more detail on what happened? Where and how was he charging his batteries? Was he using the factory charger? Was he charging multiple batteries at once? Was he charging the batteries at a higher rate than what the manufacturer recommendation? Thanks.[/QUOTE]

In response to your questions:

The individual involved was charging the battery in his garage. I don't have definite answers to your questions but knowing the individual involved I would assume that he was properly charging the battery at the time. The reason I posted my response was to inform people that LIPOs, under any condition, can be dangerous. Even with proper charging and careful handling a LIPO can become unstable. This isn't the only case you can find of LIPOs exploding during use. For me, the cost of properly storing LIPOs is minimal compared to the damage they can wreak.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maahdevbook