Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Battery Charge Problems?

Reaction score
Hey guys I got my Typhoon H in about a week ago and have gone out with it maybe 5 times. Recharge the battery every time no problem. I go to recharge it tonight and the blue light comes on and says theres an error. I wait and try it again still no luck. I unplug the charger and everything and try again still get the blue light. I even take the car charger and go try to see if it will charge in the car and still error light comes on. I've checked the fuse inside the charger and its not blown. When the battery is not in the charger it flashes green for 'ready to charge.' Any suggestions or anyone else have this problem?

Hey guys I got my Typhoon H in about a week ago and have gone out with it maybe 5 times. Recharge the battery every time no problem. I go to recharge it tonight and the blue light comes on and says theres an error. I wait and try it again still no luck. I unplug the charger and everything and try again still get the blue light. I even take the car charger and go try to see if it will charge in the car and still error light comes on. I've checked the fuse inside the charger and its not blown. When the battery is not in the charger it flashes green for 'ready to charge.' Any suggestions or anyone else have this problem?
Can you charge your ST16 with the charger?

When I plug in the USB to charge the ST16 I get the blue error light but it appears as though the ST16 is charging?(It brings up the Yuneec logo and then the battery symbol)
Hmmm... you get the error when you plug in a battery and you get the error when you plug in the USB. So the charger is the problem. I don't have a solution as I'm just getting used to this type of charger. Someone else who has been using Yuneec products for a long while may be able to provide assistance.

Try putting the battery in the charger and then unplugging the charger, plug the charger back in without removing the battery. It worked for me one time.

Hmmm... you get the error when you plug in a battery and you get the error when you plug in the USB. So the charger is the problem. I don't have a solution as I'm just getting used to this type of charger. Someone else who has been using Yuneec products for a long while may be able to provide assistance.
I just tried the ST16 again and now there is no blue light when charging that but still no luck with Typhoon battery so I have no clue...but thanks

Put the batt in then take it off put back on then wiggle the batt try this a few times. Do you have a volt ohm meter? Is the green light on on the charger?

Yep. Try seating the battery again. Had this issue as well. Battery was not all the way down on the right side for me.

Get some dielectric grease on those battery contacts.

Put the batt in then take it off put back on then wiggle the batt try this a few times. Do you have a volt ohm meter? Is the green light on on the charger?
I tried that with no luck. Yes I have a volt ohm meter...on the battery I got 14.09 and 14.08 on the charger i was getting 19. And yes the green light is on the charger before I insert the battery.

I have had the same issue with charging since I first got the H. I now have three batteries and they all exhibit the same issue to one degree or another. I do not use the H that much so it has not been a priority but I am using it now and it is very annoying.

The most recent charging problem, "Blue LED Blinking", the battery is about 3/4 full so that is not my issue. Seems like all the pins are up and springy. Was looking at the battery casing and maybe where the two outer cases are joined they are not lined up right and prevents the battery from going into the charger completely? I don't know, guess it is time to call Yuneec.

It seems it is always one thing or another with this company. While listening to the CEO of Yuneec giving his keynote speech at Interdrone in Las Vegas a few weeks ago I was thinking of yelling out,"When is your company going to address all these issues?" I didn't. He was so proud of all his achievements, and his "testing" yacht!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval