Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Battery charger

Reaction score
What would be the best charger for my Typhoon H.Looking to charge 2 batterys at once In the shortest amount of time.
Thanks

I've got these in my cart at Carolina Dronz, just waiting for funds

dkqEwzsrrLhpX8QQc4y4DewVqgBgtKGrX28c5f43IkokP5FUoX_1J4WdIkroYzBJP-aNLx1dLoVhsnDjybY0EHqNr-V-UkpvwU6VyNGtDydhJbtxgT-bJ0Iwk1Qh0krGXClF4NXzyKub7eXyzxEuKjuceBrHPmR5v0fDbuwz7O0v91AFLeYsUv678Flkoe_ads7jrL4HvA=s0-d-e1-ft
HITEC X2 AC Plus Dual Charger, AC/DC High Output × 1

XHj53qRNZZAWH5L0fgRsIIe6XNMuCqHdm1Kaij_9NyFBi5tdipgM_aAUy8gBCJysmdCYiMhpCGP37a5QrBVMnqagqeh9mPeEJV34SgEcSIZgxEzwWOP6bEMU2Ncl5CF7JcMCNCdaVQy3E68VPhj9tC1x3Pmc6cb-zq3ewECHvJ2_wo4WGyagqKB2VIZLKoUWUF28XnUrMfaoWfI=s0-d-e1-ft
Yuneec Typhoon H Battery Plug Cable for Chargers × 2

Sorry to be so blunt but this topic has been covered in numerous threads. Go to the upper right corner of the page and click on the magnifying glass icon and enter " after market battery charger" in the search window and peruse the results at your leisure. There are a great many chargers that can do the job, you only need to determine what your personal requirements are to buy the one that fits them.

Since you used "shortest amount of time" in your request I'll also suggest performing some personal research on lithium polymer and lithium ion batteries to come up to speed about what establishes that "shortest amount of time" and still be safe.

I've got these in my cart at Carolina Dronz, just waiting for funds

dkqEwzsrrLhpX8QQc4y4DewVqgBgtKGrX28c5f43IkokP5FUoX_1J4WdIkroYzBJP-aNLx1dLoVhsnDjybY0EHqNr-V-UkpvwU6VyNGtDydhJbtxgT-bJ0Iwk1Qh0krGXClF4NXzyKub7eXyzxEuKjuceBrHPmR5v0fDbuwz7O0v91AFLeYsUv678Flkoe_ads7jrL4HvA=s0-d-e1-ft
HITEC X2 AC Plus Dual Charger, AC/DC High Output × 1

XHj53qRNZZAWH5L0fgRsIIe6XNMuCqHdm1Kaij_9NyFBi5tdipgM_aAUy8gBCJysmdCYiMhpCGP37a5QrBVMnqagqeh9mPeEJV34SgEcSIZgxEzwWOP6bEMU2Ncl5CF7JcMCNCdaVQy3E68VPhj9tC1x3Pmc6cb-zq3ewECHvJ2_wo4WGyagqKB2VIZLKoUWUF28XnUrMfaoWfI=s0-d-e1-ft
Yuneec Typhoon H Battery Plug Cable for Chargers × 2
thank you so much just need to figure out how i would set it up.really new at using these kind of chargers.

After obtaining the charger and adapters the first course is to read the instructions. Sometime before or after that use Google to learn about lithium chemistry battery requirements.

I use this unit. Take a look at the video and it will help you understand how to use it. I would also advise you to take the time and read up on how to work with LiPo batteries, they can be dangerous if abused.

You will also need the adapter from Carolina Dronz as suggested by mwfoshee above.

thanks I will watch to make sure I use it correctly.also I did order the two plugs for dual charging.How much time does take to charge these batterys with this charger?and that extra plug what does that do?do I need to purchase a balance board also?
thanks

Last edited:
The small black plug is the balance tap and plugs into a port on the side of the charger. The two banana plugs also plug into the charger as the primary charging leads.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The small black plug is the balance tap and plugs into a port on the side of the charger. The two banana plugs also plug into the charger as the primary charging leads.

Thankyou so much.Have a great day!

Darn, I couldn't get the laptop up fast enough to add/edit my previous before you read it:)

The battery can be charged without using the balance taps but that is not advisable. If you have the ability to balance charge you should always do so in order to equalize cell voltages. Not balance charging means one cell can achieve maximum voltage and cause the charge cycle to terminate before the other cells are fully charged. This can cause the lower voltage cells to attempt equalization from the fully charged cell or for your flight system to pull more of the electrical load from the higher voltage cell. Neither of which are good for the battery.

The balance tap can also serve another very useful function in permitting the owner to use the contact pins as a location from which they can measure individual cell voltage. Some quite inexpensive volt meter/alarm tools can be obtained from Amazon or hobby shops that are very handy to have around. When connected to the balance tap they will display total battery voltage and individual cell voltages. Not 100% accurate but my experience has them generally very, very close to the results obtained with a calibrated volt meter. They can also be used as a low voltage alarm since they possess a very loud "screamer" device that goes off when cells reach a low voltage point of around 3.1v.

A safety warning is in order though. When using a battery checker the battery adapter should not be plugged into the charger unless the charger is turned off. Not much point in measuring the balancing voltage coming from the charger. When the battery adapter is not connected to the charger when using a battery checker the banana plugs of the adapter become energized/"hot" when the battery is connected to the main connector. You must use something to insulate the main power leads to prevent them from touching each other or another conductive item and generating an extremely powerful spark. Powerful enough to destroy the battery, start a fire, or other mean and nasty things. A high C count lipo packs enough instant discharge amperage to weld with if it lasted longer. I use two short pieces of urethane tubing of appropriate size but anything that fits and insulates is good.

https://www.amazon.com/Integy-C2321...d=1484749020&sr=8-85&keywords=battery+checker

Check out my video talking about the Hitec Charger! Visit our site for some written product descriptions for further information on the Charger!

Or contact me if you have any questions!

Reactions: Stuart8282
Thanks everyone for your help.Idid buy the stuff from Carolina Drones and Frank the owner said that I could also call him when I get the stuff in and he would help with setting it up another thing he did say with this setup I would not need the balance board?any thoughts on this?

You will not need one. The balance ports are at the front of the charger. Some of us deal with batteries having higher and lower cell counts, and much higher capacities, so we need to utilize different types of equipment. For example, some use batteries that to charge at 1C requires over 100W of output per charge port and so use a higher output charger. You won't need that for the H.

Time to get crackin' with that battery info education;)

An OEM battery for the H requires 90+ W for charging. The Gifi need about 118 W and gens batteries are slightly above 105W. This is at 1C charge rate.

Even at slightly less than 1C the charge time will be less than with the stock charger.

If you're in a hurry to charge the ST-16, most tablet chargers will get the job done faster than the stock charger but there's a caveat. The battery will not achieve maximum capacity but still show a full charge. Don't worry, you'll still have 7 or 8 flight batteries of useful time in the ST-16.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DHYradio