Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Battery charging issue

Do the cells seem balanced on each battery? All within 0.02 V of each other.

Does the charger work until it gets to the balancing phase (red, green, blue) and then it starts beeping?

it goes straight to red blue Green and beeping but non stop

What voltage are you getting between the two outermost battery terminals?

Flyingmedic,
Does it do that with both batteries or just the one with the low volts. If it only does it with the one with the 14.1 volts the charger will sometimes not charge it as it has gone below the 3.6 volts per cell (14.4) and will need to be charged up on a non standard charger. This has happened with two out of my 6 std chargers when I have checked them over the past 12 hrs with a dead battery and a good battery. That is the only answer that I can come up with 2 out of the 6 would not try to charge the dead one but the other four would.. I will post a photo of my charging set up, it cost a bit but I can do 4 batteries at once or four of my controller batteries at once also, then you can do four individual types at once also. I purchased it 1 month after I purchased my first H and realized that the BATTERIES are the LIFE BLOOD of your MACHINE, ALONG with your PROPELLERS. JohnnoHennessy.

Reactions: DoomMeister
The battery at 14.1 volts is dangerously low. Do not put it back in the aircraft until you can get a full charge on it.

The one at 15 volts is getting close to that.

Just to see if it makes a difference, use the charger cable that lets you use a 12v source on your vehicle to supply power.

Reactions: Mechanic
Flyingmedic,
Does it do that with both batteries or just the one with the low volts. If it only does it with the one with the 14.1 volts the charger will sometimes not charge it as it has gone below the 3.6 volts per cell (14.4) and will need to be charged up on a non standard charger. This has happened with two out of my 6 std chargers when I have checked them over the past 12 hrs with a dead battery and a good battery. That is the only answer that I can come up with 2 out of the 6 would not try to charge the dead one but the other four would.. I will post a photo of my charging set up, it cost a bit but I can do 4 batteries at once or four of my controller batteries at once also, then you can do four individual types at once also. I purchased it 1 month after I purchased my first H and realized that the BATTERIES are the LIFE BLOOD of your MACHINE, ALONG with your PROPELLERS. JohnnoHennessy.

Both batteries unfortunately!

The battery at 14.1 volts is dangerously low. Do not put it back in the aircraft until you can get a full charge on it.

The one at 15 volts is getting close to that.

Just to see if it makes a difference, use the charger cable that lets you use a 12v source on your vehicle to supply power.
Will indeed try that tomorrow

Hi Flyingmedic,
Here are some shots of my setup, you will note the bottom right battery is a lithium high voltage 7400 mah ( these are the generic type that I got a very good buy with for four for my battery mod) ,top left is my balancer . I use one on each battery when I finish my job ( after they have cooled) just to
re-balance the cells before and after I recharge them. I have found that the charger and balancer system keep them good ( my original battery in the photo has an IR total of 16 for the 4 cells) after 2.5 plus years of continuous use in my business of roof and building inspections. The photo of front and back of battery is , white 3d printed cap for protection against shorts and back is indicator of charge status ( red - empty or used ,Green - ready to go -.FULL) and velcro strip for my strobe light for orientation if I am working inside a factory or on a long building. Hope this helps, also read up about battery care. Very ,very important. Johnno Hennessy. Here goes with the shots, computers and I don't send Christmas cards to each other.

Attachments

• 20200329_064927.jpg
    20200329_064927.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 7
  • 20200329_065213.jpg
    20200329_065213.jpg
    1,014.5 KB · Views: 7
  • 20200329_065232.jpg
    20200329_065232.jpg
    982.3 KB · Views: 6
Reactions: Flyingmedic
You will also note top right std battery is not being charged at 8100mah it is just for a photo. Also my charge cable top center with blue connector is for the st16 battery, it charges twice as quick on a hobby charger. Johnno Hennessy

Will indeed try that tomorrow
Also take a look at the needle probes in the charger and make sure they have spring tension on them and come up far enough to make contact with the circular battery contacts. Another thing is plug in the charger and make sure you get the flashing green LED, then insert the battery.

Also take a look at the needle probes in the charger and make sure they have spring tension on them and come up far enough to make contact with the circular battery contacts. Another thing is plug in the charger and make sure you get the flashing green LED, then insert the battery.

Car plug in charger = nice quiet charger flashing red (charging flash)

Bliss!

I guess the main plug / transformer part has a fault in it

Reactions: DoomMeister
Flyingmedic,
That is great news, now don't forget what DoomMeister said about the flat battery. Happy flying and don't forget take off the camera and practice and then practice some more.
Johnno Hennessy.
Keep flying on the green side of the grass.

Reactions: Flyingmedic
Having seen that the cigarette lighter charger works I decided to check the figures

The charger is looking for input of 10.5 - 21V DC, 4.6A

The plug is outputting 12V 600mA 7.2A

Should this work?

Car plug in charger = nice quiet charger flashing red (charging flash)

Bliss!

I guess the main plug / transformer part has a fault in it
Don't waste money in getting anything for the original charger, get a 3rd party charger if and when you can.

Don't waste money in getting anything for the original charger, get a 3rd party charger if and when you can.

Ive order a cheap mains to cigarette lighter output thing for the moment until I can afford the 4 port charger at next bit payday (possibly May unfortunately!)

Reactions: Mrgs1
Having seen that the cigarette lighter charger works I decided to check the figures

The charger is looking for input of 10.5 - 21V DC, 4.6A

The plug is outputting 12V 600mA 7.2A

Should this work?
If you are only getting 12V out of the AC adapter it is definitely bad. You should be getting 19VDC minimum.

This is the AC adapter that came with my H480 kit. Yours should have the 240VAC mains plug, where mine uses the 120VAC.89A071ED-7436-4DB1-B68C-22B358575706.jpeg

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval