Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Battery Charging on "H"

E

EnlightenOnQ

New to the forum today.... and long time Drone pilot (Camera ships) (19+ years started out with a Draganfly III, currently flying Steadidrone). Really interested in the "H" and want to get a prosumer ship to knock around with that does not cost over $5k to replace. So I have some questions while we wait for the units to be released.

It comes with a docking station to charge only. I don't see a method to balance or discharge/cycle or to put a storage charge on the battery.

Q: Anyone seen the battery yet?
Q: What connectors are on the end to see if an adapter can be made to charge it with a balance charger and to connect it to testers to check resistance of cells, voltage cell.... ect.?

This is really important as I have had way to many battery pack issues and now have a regimented testing/charging program (have had too many forced RTL's)o_O

I'm going to get an "H" but will wait for the first wave to pass and then jump in...

Thanks....

Carl

Attachments

• clear[1].png
    clear[1].png
    137 bytes · Views: 34
Reactions: Chris McMillan
So how does one discharge/storage the lipo? Storing a fully charged lipo is not good to the battery. Also it's listed as a 4s does the included charger balance the 4 cells? Also what "C" discharge rating are the battery packs?

Thanks

So how does one discharge/storage the lipo? Storing a fully charged lipo is not good to the battery. Also it's listed as a 4s does the included charger balance the 4 cells? Also what "C" discharge rating are the battery packs?
Thanks
Hey EnlightenOnQ, I've been asking Yuneec the same sort of questions for around two months now. I've asked on their YouTube channel, FB page, and Twitter. As of today I still don't have any real answer from them on this, although they have at least been courteous enough to "hem and haw" with me and tell me things like, "great idea!" and whatnot. I do hope they listen to their advanced users and offer us something we can use on our personal (and expensive) high end chargers.

I found the manual online and it says 2.5 hours from flat which seems a long time.
That's a very long time. Without a doubt they are limiting the charge rate to 0.5C instead of the perfectly acceptable (from a battery performance, life, and safety perspective) 1C. ****, with my iCharger I routinely charge at 2C, with 4S 5400 mAh batteries in parallel. I also use said charger to monitor the IR (internal resistance) of my battery cells and to leave them at a safe "storage charge" when I know I won't be using them for a while. Don't see any way to do this with the stock charger Yuneec will be supplying.

Without a doubt Yuneec is going to have to step up their game a little to allow advanced pilots to utilize their expensive batteries and gear to their fullest potential!

Reactions: Steak frites
According to Simon Newton it charges for around 1h 50m.
Also in one video a representative said that this is intentional to ensure safest way to charge these specific batteries in order to ensure their extended life.

I personally am fine with it provided that the battery will have longer life.

I liked how Yuneec made their Typhoon Q500 batteries with a standard power plug socket and separate balancing socket. I use a Tenergy balance charger and I prefer to see the battery stats on the display rather than just blinking LED's as with their stock charger.

Sorry 2 hours is a **** of a long time.

20 mins flight time then you would need at least 5 batteries to do a days flying cycling them

Reactions: JohnL
According to Simon Newton it charges for around 1h 50m.
Also in one video a representative said that this is intentional to ensure safest way to charge these specific batteries in order to ensure their extended life.

I personally am fine with it provided that the battery will have longer life.

I can live with that amount of time per charge. Of course that is the amount of time if you run the battery down (i.e. land when you get the warning). Most of us fly to film and once we have the shot we land, then pop in a new battery. So sometimes we may only use 5 or 10 mins on a battery before recharge which would then be a much quicker charge time. Of course if you're just out having fun and buzzing around, you're going to use up the full battery and need a full charge.

If your still interested in better lipo and charging solutions I've got some products that are plug and play ready and proven to work to power your H with standard lipo and to balance charge your factory Yuneec battery with 3rd party chargers.

I felt I had to do it since no one else was able to get it done. PM me.

Reactions: Ralphy
Hey Ralphy you charge me 55.00 for two adapter i am a member

There is a limit of one of each item per member of the forum. You need to take a proactive approach in reading the other thead posted over a week ago indicating forum member pricing. I have no way of knowing on an online sale on ebay if your part of the forum. Most people call me or PM me before the sale.

I will adjust things for you financially once your satisfied with the product.

Best,

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval