Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Chargers

Reaction score
I apologize if this is already covered. I reviewed a few posts but didn't necessarily find a definitive answer to what I'm going to ask:

Is there any ONE particular charger that should be purchased to balance charge the Typhoon H batteries that comes with all necessary accessories, i.e. cables, battery temp shutoff, etc.?

I've seen various things like the skyrc e680 charger, but I get thrown off when I see that it doesn't come with cables, and frankly I've never had to charge LIPO batteries that might explode or burn my house down. I also do not yet have the batteries or drone (arriving in a few days) so I am lacking the mass on what the connections are that are even needed.

Again, this is probably somewhere covered already, but any direct, simple direction on this with a complete package of what is needed to simply charge the bombs (batteries) would be very appreciated.

Just to clarify, I'm just looking for which charger to purchase that is reliable. Nothing complicated.

If I get these two things, will I be able to balance charge and be able to charge / discharge to storage capacity?

or

Reactions: Pier2162
If I get these two things, will I be able to balance charge and be able to charge / discharge to storage capacity?

or

Yes. Those will work.

Reactions: revedit1
New question about the ST 16 itself. It comes with a USB to micro USB connector. I popped open the battery compartment and saw that the battery was Li-ion, but it had the same warnings as if it was a LIPO battery and to only use the charger it came with, etc.

I'm totally genned into thinking that the LIPO batteries are going to blow up in my face at any minute so I am taking absurd precautions with those. Now, does the ST 16 need those same types of precautions or can I literally just pop it into the USB charger in my wall or on my computer and let it go with no concern?

Thanks.

I use a 2A 5V USB wall wart to charge my ST16’s battery. I have never had an issue charging the battery in that manner. I tap the screen every 20 to 30 minutes to check the charging status.

Thanks very much. Hopefully last question(s) on this subject for the moment:

What is the voltage that the Typhoon battery will be at when it is at 50% / storage capacity?

Until SkyRC e680 arrives, is it okay to charge the battery, put it in the typhoon, run it down to 50% charge / voltage and consider that okay for storage?

Until SkyRC e680 arrives, is it okay to charge the battery, put it in the typhoon, run it down to 50% charge / voltage and consider that okay for storage?
Run it down to the first "low battery warning" while in flight. When the craft is landed and the motors are turned off the voltage bounces back to near perfect storage voltage.

DAG HEREN DRONE PILOT IK BEN OP ZOEK NAAR EEN KAPOTE BATTERIJ VOOR TYNEEC TYPHOON H 480 WIE KAN MIJ HELPEN DANK BIJ VOORBAAT GERARD OO-15 BY

So now the question is:

Does anyone know where I can find an adapter to buy for a Typhoon H Plus, like this but again, for a typhoon H plus?

So now the question is:

Does anyone know where I can find an adapter to buy for a Typhoon H Plus, like this but again, for a typhoon H plus?

Dy3 charger is quick and simple for charging/storage on these batteries.
You mean Dy5 for H+ and H520.

I have a Dy5 of sorts from gifi power, but I personally like having more control. Really like the ability to change the amps that I'm charging the battery at and being able to set it to exactly what I want to.

You mean Dy5 for H+ and H520.

I have a Dy5 of sorts from gifi power, but I personally like having more control. Really like the ability to change the amps that I'm charging the battery at and being able to set it to exactly what I want to.
As it was under typhoon h rather than h plus is why I listed the dy3. Yes correct the dy5 is for the h plus etc. I have used owned/used both, never had battery issues and I can still see individual cell voltage. My original H had 5 plus year old batteries and still gave me 25min of flight

Hi allí, and thanks in advanced for you help.I am new with battery chargers . I Will buy 1 battery Gifi Power 14.8v 8500mAh 4S for muy Typhoon H, but i dont know how configure the charger T240 HTRC. Can you help me with the T240 configuration values?
Thanks one more time in advanced.
Kind regards from Spain
Eduardo

Use the LiPo balance charging setting. Not sure if yours is the dual channel charger or if you are powering it via AC or DC. I use AC to supply power to my HTRC C240 Duo.

If you want to extend your battery life to the max use 0.5C charging rate. For your 8500mAh set to 4.3A (8500X0.5=4250mA or 4.25A). You can charge at a maximum of 1C or 8.5A if you need a shorter charging time.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maahdevbook