Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Battery charging socket ST16s

Reaction score
A little step back to remind you my stories of electric wires, few months ago.
It is so beautiful right now, that we have to take care of the weekend. Finally, at retirement, you would tell me it's the Weekend every day, but ................

A little tour in the workshop to see what is dragging and can still serve.
Well, still mini T-Plugs of the last time, two wires with banana plugs?
Here, I still have 1 cm PVC plates.
And why not a fast charging base for the battery of the ST16s?

Here is the result, dear friends, Cost 0 € and far from the 30 € that we find on a German site.
Test done on the SkyRc200 from 43% to 95% in 68 minutes.
But why 95% Charge (shown on the St16s) and not 100%. (I completed the load on lea St16 to arrive at 100%).

I think I understood. The SkyRc stops the charge of the Li-Ion at 4.18 volts (old generation of battery) while the new Li-Ion can go up to 4.35 volts.
I would test at the next recharge (I'm waiting for another battery) by putting the end of charge on 4.34 volts.

Photos:
DSC00031.JPG
DSC00030.JPG

Good Sunday..byebye-012.gif

Last edited:
Reactions: arruntus
I come back to the subject of the ST16S battery.
As said before, the SkyRc automatically charges the battery at 95%. (Value shown in the radio).
I recharged it today by putting it on a programmed and memorized charge.
Li-Ion -> 1S -> Charge 4.4A -> Threshold 4,20v
Put in the radio at the end of charge, the displayed value is 100%.
So in automatic mode, the threshold must be 4v or 4.1V.
So to be 100% at its best, it needs to be recharged at 4.20Volts.
electricien-gifs-animes-234505.gif

Be careful with charging only using the two pins.
I think you will find that it will have 4 18650 batteries inside at 2200Mah.
Running in parallel.
You may be able to therefore run 4 positive connectors and a negative to more evenly balance the charge.......
Just a thought.

PM sent

As you say if there were four cells of 2200Mah, the final charge would not indicate 100% in the transmitter when you put the battery back, since the other cells would not be charged.

I saw in another post from October it had three in there so each must be 2900Mah

Maybe or maybe not. There is a seller who also sells a cradle load 29.90 €
041201a841099f50dtable33.jpg
anyway I do not see the difference with the same H battery with two pin wires and that recharges by these two wires.
yuneec-typhoon-h-st16-battery-3.6v-8700mah_1024x1024.png Yuneec-ST16S-Battery-H520-500x500.jpg
What difference, Same reference "YP-3A",
And it works fine, with each refill, I have 100% and full capacity.

I cracked open h520 st16s battery pack back in October 2017 to convert it use a h480 st16 battery on the h520. inside found the cell are connected by one red wire and one black wire to the plug connector of the st16s battery. therefore 4 red positive wires seem unwarranted.

Hello Arruntus, there are no cells, there is only one 3.6 volts cell.
A Li-ion cell makes 3.6 v, on serial two cells make 7.2 v. etc ...
In parallel you multiply the capacity but the voltage remains the same as a single cell.
I think of the presence of other contacts in the power of an internal function, radio off perhaps. This would be to check in the radio. But two +/- wires at the right contacts are enough to recharge the battery.
There is no balancing to do.
In this battery, there are three Li-ion cells of 2900 mAh mounted in parallel which finally gives a battery of 3.6 v. with a power of 8700 mAh. So the recharge must be done by two sons.

Last edited:
Sorry, I thought you meant the H520 and not the ST16S, that's why I got lost.

The initial cables may be for the initial balance, but it doesn't make much sense to do it with the batteries installed and not to do it outside individually. Everything can be.

I come back to the subject of the ST16S battery.
As said before, the SkyRc automatically charges the battery at 95%. (Value shown in the radio).
I recharged it today by putting it on a programmed and memorized charge.
Li-Ion -> 1S -> Charge 4.4A -> Threshold 4,20v
Put in the radio at the end of charge, the displayed value is 100%.
So in automatic mode, the threshold must be 4v or 4.1V.
So to be 100% at its best, it needs to be recharged at 4.20Volts.
View attachment 8888
Sorry chaps I have the skyrc Charger can someone explain what type of Battery the st16S uses is it a LIPO very confused

LiIon
1S
8.7A

A little step back to remind you my stories of electric wires, few months ago.
It is so beautiful right now, that we have to take care of the weekend. Finally, at retirement, you would tell me it's the Weekend every day, but ................

A little tour in the workshop to see what is dragging and can still serve.
Well, still mini T-Plugs of the last time, two wires with banana plugs?
Here, I still have 1 cm PVC plates.
And why not a fast charging base for the battery of the ST16s?

Here is the result, dear friends, Cost 0 € and far from the 30 € that we find on a German site.
Test done on the SkyRc200 from 43% to 95% in 68 minutes.
But why 95% Charge (shown on the St16s) and not 100%. (I completed the load on lea St16 to arrive at 100%).

I think I understood. The SkyRc stops the charge of the Li-Ion at 4.18 volts (old generation of battery) while the new Li-Ion can go up to 4.35 volts.
I would test at the next recharge (I'm waiting for another battery) by putting the end of charge on 4.34 volts.

Photos:
View attachment 8866
View attachment 8867

Good Sunday..View attachment 8868
Did you 3D print the case or use something different?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval