Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Battery charging.

I rotate 4 batteries for my 4K and use the Venom ProDuo 80 watt aftermarket charger. The Yuneec charger still works fine but the Venom does 2 batteries at a time, charges, discharges, balances, has "storage" charge setting, and give me good readings of cell conditions. I also use it on RC car batteries and it does seem to be a good buy. I got mine from Amazon and think it was about $119.00 delivered. There are several good units reasonably priced and the HiTech X-4 mentioned above is another that is an excellent choice.

Facepalm

Well now we know. I assumed if the fuse was blown, that it would not even power up. It occurred to me to inquire, but noooo, it was turning on.

Now to find out why the fuse blew. Sometimes they just blow. Usually there is a reason other than the gods did not want you to charge your battery.
Thanks it was my fuse also! Why it still blinks with a bad fuse is beyond me?

Thanks it was my fuse also! Why it still blinks with a bad fuse is beyond me?
the stock yuneec charger is not the best . it's good as a back up but to take good care of your $50 to $100 batteries you should invest in a more user friendly charger , one that will have a storage mode and if you intend to stay in this hobby and have at least 4 batteries to charge get a good charger .
i use a Hitec 4 plus , there are better ones but this works for me . your batteries will last longer in the end .
fly safe

Reactions: pete c
the stock yuneec charger is not the best . it's good as a back up but to take good care of your $50 to $100 batteries you should invest in a more user friendly charger , one that will have a storage mode and if you intend to stay in this hobby and have at least 4 batteries to charge get a good charger .
i use a Hitec 4 plus , there are better ones but this works for me . your batteries will last longer in the end .
fly safe
Thank you yes Ill look into a better charger

numbering your batteries is anther good thing you can do for your batteries , using the batteries in order will insure equal use of your batteries and discharging them in order as you fly . when you acquire new batteries and number them 6 and 7 use your batteries in reverse the newer batteries will give you a little more punch and a little more fly times .
fly safe

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DHYradio