Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Battery Conversion Q500

A big thank you @LostInDark for creating the adapters, sharing knowledge and offering them for sale. I picked the adapters up from the Post Office yesterday. They arrived safe, great job on the customs declaration.

My Turnegy batteries arrived today.

So, I'm almost back to reading the operators manual ;) I just have been a bit too busy to pick out a new charger. Have to focus on that tonight or this weekend.

As an infrequent flyer, I learned the hard way about storage charging and checking voltages. Made the mistake of assuming keeping the originals charged up was a good thing. Still learning :)

Reactions: LostInDark
Thank you so much for your feedback. Please feel free to contact me if you need some help or information about batteries, chargers, charging processes or else.
Thanks again.

Anton

I received my new charger from AMZ, ISDT 608 AC, with click wheel and detailed color LCD screen.
Perhaps overkill, but it seemed well reviewed

Plusses to me are: I can see all the cell voltages at a once and don't have to do a lot of button pressing nor deal with a single line calculator screen user interface. I don't have to memorize or hunt for settings as it is a visual UI.

And, I can do storage charging!
What killed my batteries, is the default charger from Yuneec and lack of instructions, so I treated them like power tool batteries and just kept them charged up.

Looking forward to flying again, soon!

... now where is that first flight manual? ;)

I received my new charger from AMZ, ISDT 608 AC, with click wheel and detailed color LCD screen.
Perhaps overkill, but it seemed well reviewed

Plusses to me are: I can see all the cell voltages at a once and don't have to do a lot of button pressing nor deal with a single line calculator screen user interface. I don't have to memorize or hunt for settings as it is a visual UI.

And, I can do storage charging!
What killed my batteries, is the default charger from Yuneec and lack of instructions, so I treated them like power tool batteries and just kept them charged up.

Looking forward to flying again, soon!

... now where is that first flight manual? ;)
Made the same mistake. Even drone courses don't mention anything about how to store batteries.

Use your third party charger to storage battery. On the most charger you have storage mode. Choose this mode to put battery in storage to the next flight.
When you choose storage mode if the battery is charged then start discharging to 3.82 volts per cell, which for 3s battery is around 11.42 volts. If the battery is already discharged then starts charging to the same voltage 11.42v for 3s battery. Just you have to choose is storage mode of your third party charger.

If you have more questions please ask.

Thanks,

Anton

I would like to know how many minute you get with that battery since the stock battery is 5400? Also, I would suggest removing the battery ring inside the drone just incase your battery swells. Any comments? Great invention!!!

Thanks, with this battery you can get 12-13 minutes in flight with camera installed.
And the main idea is to use other battery without any Drone modification.

Thanks again.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hendrtiz