Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Battery fire

Reaction score
Check out these photos of my H520 Yuneec Battery!

About 19 minute flight. Took the battery out as usual and it felt quite Warm!

Set it on the ground in my driveway and waited a bit! Decided to leave it overnight and glad I did.

This is what I found in the morning!

Something was very wrong, obviously.

Lucky it wasn't in the aircraft.

First Lithium Battery I ever had fail.

Attachments

• 20221004_101203.jpg
    20221004_101203.jpg
    4.1 MB · Views: 42
  • 20221004_101215.jpg
    20221004_101215.jpg
    4.2 MB · Views: 40
  • 20221004_101228.jpg
    20221004_101228.jpg
    4.1 MB · Views: 39
  • 20221004_101241.jpg
    20221004_101241.jpg
    3.2 MB · Views: 40
Wow, you made a wise move to leave the battery outside, no damage to the aircraft battery connections?
No Damage to the Aircraft, the battery was already out! You could see the PACK swelling. So, whatever was going on inside finally let go.
These batteries get so hot and it doesn't take much to set them off, if there are circuit issues inside the Battery.

Reactions: Steve Carr
Ouch.

Check out these photos of my H520 Yuneec Battery!

About 19 minute flight. Took the battery out as usual and it felt quite Warm!

Set it on the ground in my driveway and waited a bit! Decided to leave it overnight and glad I did.

This is what I found in the morning!

Something was very wrong, obviously.

Lucky it wasn't in the aircraft.

First Lithium Battery I ever had fail.
Oops, this is very bad!
How old was this battery? How many charging-discharging cycles did it it go through?
Did it behave any bad/wrong in the past?

Oops, this is very bad!
How old was this battery? How many charging-discharging cycles did it it go through?
Did it behave any bad/wrong in the past?
Minimal Charges, as the aircraft is fairly new. Purchased about 6 months ago. This was an original Yuneec Battery! Everything looks good inside the battery compartment too.

Just a reminder for pilots out there, you should remove these batteries when you store the aircraft or are not planning to fly often. I take the batteries out of all my aircraft after every flight, to insure safety!

..... you should remove these batteries when you store the aircraft or are not planning to fly often. I take the batteries out of all my aircraft after every flight, to insure safety!
This is a good practice every pilot should follow.
After every flight I always remove batteries from drone bay, I put them in a storage cycle and keep them in a metal security box, similar to military ones for bullets. Just to avoid of fire up my house...These boxes can be easily found at military exhibit fairs, or in online shops, and are very cheap, the cost is around 10~15 dollars (or pounds, or euros)...

Reactions: Chris Koch
Curious. You say the flight was 19 minutes. . . what was the voltage upon landing? Had you had any low battery warnings before landing . . . or multiples?

This is a good practice every pilot should follow.
After every flight I always remove batteries from drone bay, I put them in a storage cycle and keep them in a metal security box, similar to military ones for bullets. Just to avoid of fire up my house...These boxes can be easily found at military exhibit fairs, or in online shops, and are very cheap, the cost is around 10~15 dollars (or pounds, or euros)...

What are your thoughts of that metal security box compared to something like this:

I just ordered a storage box on Amazon. Thanks as I have put this off for way too long. I have a small bag but i need something bigger and better.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval