Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

battery flight time

Reaction score
hey pilots....what kind of flight time are you getting with the 5400amh i set my watch for 10 min and bring it in lost two batteries from puffing.. bad stock charger or i discharged too much.. i know there's factors involved..need some ideas .....thanks

How low did you take them. Did you get the first warning? 12-14 minutes is normal. Bring them back to 3.8 volts per cell. I charge them to 12.6 just before I fly. Normally they won't puff unless they are abused, left uncharged or too fast a charge.

thanks for the response ....i'm sure i screwed up.. bought a better charger.. with storage mode and two new batteries ...so 3.8 per cell..yes i charge it up to 12.6 ......at what volt does the warning come on the controller .......

Last edited:
That varies depending on how you are flying the slider position, temp of the battery. When it goes below 11 volts be on your way home. The rating of 11.1 on these batts is the storage voltage. If they have been sitting up for a month and you check them. Fly safe.

That varies depending on how you are flying the slider position, temp of the battery. When it goes below 11 volts be on your way home. The rating of 11.1 on these batts is the storage voltage. If they have been sitting up for a month and you check them. Fly safe.
My drone is back at Yuneec now waiting to be looked at, my last flight was as follows, 1.5 min compass calibration and startup, then I had less than two minutes before drone landed itself.
I've always charged my batteries to spec and discharged the via an after market balance charger/ discharger. Batteries always in storage mode when not flying that day. Stored in a cool dry place.
I need to be able to get at least 15 min. minimum flight time, after I get it back from Yuneec any suggestions on better batteries etc..
Thanks

Hi Frodoe, I run 6300 venom, 7100 venom and get about average 15 mins on 6300 and 17 on 7100. I only go until first warning and land immediately. Many run on until 2 or 3 warning but I never task my batteries. I like them to last.

Cheers
Thanks for the reply
If you don't mind me asking, what settings do you use for
Charging each
Discharging for storage each

I'm still on the fence as to which one to get, Yuneec lost my drone and after almost three months replaced it however they only sent me one battery. When I asked about aftermarket batteries they would not comment and said not recommended, we know that means I'll sell you ours at $120 per.

I have a Hitec X2 and just charge at 1C and when batteries not going to be used set X2 to store batteries. I make a point of checking the IR of each cell after each charge. This way I keep a record and can detect early if I am developing a weak cell. I think mismanagement or lack of early detection of weak cells have caused a few so called "it just fell from the sky" issues. You need to never fast charge batteries no matter how ok they say it is, its not.

Hope that helps.

Cheers

Last edited:
I have a Hitec X2 and just charge at 1C and when batteries not going to be used set X2 to store batteries. I make a point of checking the IR of each cell after each charge. This way I keep a record and can detect early if I am developing a weak cell. I think mismanagement or lack of early detection of weak cells have caused a few so called "it just fell from the sky" issues. You need to never fast charge batteries no matter how ok they say it is, its not.

Hope that helps.

Cheers
Thanks, however I guess what I'm asking is with higher output batteries what is the recommended storage rate and or charge rate per cell etc..
I'm still looking for someone to give me a response on battery purchases I had posted elsewhere on the site.
I really don't want to drop a dime on batteries that might be somewhat stronger , i.e. 7500 vs 7100, 6300, 5400, but not last long or present charging issues. Yuneec CS was somewhat adamant when it came to use of their batteries.
Thanks for your patients with me.

Yuneec Does not have good Battery's also the range on the Yuneec really sucks

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kubetlegal