Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Battery help..

Reaction score
I bought a bind and fly H and bought 2 batteries on amazon. Ultra max. When i went to fly 3 minutes into flight full throttle forward battery dropped 14.4 with warning. This happened with both batteries. I returned them. My original battery didnt give me this issue. Weather has been crappy so i havent flown in a few weeks. The other day went to best buy and bought a oem battery and took it out to fly today. Same issue now but with both batteries. What could this be? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks. Andrew.

I bought a bind and fly H and bought 2 batteries on amazon. Ultra max. When i went to fly 3 minutes into flight full throttle forward battery dropped 14.4 with warning. This happened with both batteries. I returned them. My original battery didnt give me this issue. Weather has been crappy so i havent flown in a few weeks. The other day went to best buy and bought a oem battery and took it out to fly today. Same issue now but with both batteries. What could this be? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks. Andrew.
What is the starting voltage when you first turn on the H and ST16?

I want to say 15.6 Steve
Maybe your charger isn't working properly. 15.6 is just barely over storage charge. A fully charged battery is 16.8 v. Mine frequently reads 16.6 or .7 on the controller.
Are you leaving the battery in the charger long enough to fully charge?

Maybe your charger isn't working properly. 15.6 is just barely over storage charge. A fully charged battery is 16.8 v. Mine frequently reads 16.6 or .7 on the controller.
Yea i do. Its a solid green. I could be wrong. Let me give it a full charge now and ill get back to you. Thanks for the help so far

Hi steve i made a mistake. Its reading 16.5

Hi steve i made a mistake. Its reading 16.5
That should be acceptable. Depending on the temp and wind conditions, full throttle for 3 minutes may indeed drop the voltage quickly. They may give slightly better performance after several charge and discharge cycles. In cooler weather in particular I have to avoid full throttle or rapid ascents in order to maintain a viable voltage reading.

Reactions: Acabral886
Never a good idea to give a full throttle forward when the weather (and batteries) is cold. A cold battery will have an elevated internal resistance than one that is at a normal sort of temperature. A cold battery, particularly when you are trying to draw off lots of power, can become unpredictable and can lead to disastrous results if you don't keep a close eye on the power level. A Steve says above, full throttle for 3 minutes can easily trigger a low voltage warning if the batteries are cold enough.

Reactions: Acabral886
Never a good idea to give a full throttle forward when the weather (and batteries) is cold. A cold battery will have an elevated internal resistance than one that is at a normal sort of temperature. A cold battery, particularly when you are trying to draw off lots of power, can become unpredictable and can lead to disastrous results if you don't keep a close eye on the power level. A Steve says above, full throttle for 3 minutes can easily trigger a low voltage warning if the batteries are cold enough.
Thank you for the info. I temp outside was around 39 f, I was just confused because the past winter i had flown in colder conditions and this never happened. I will wait a few more weeks till it warms up a little to try again.

Thank you for the info. I temp outside was around 39 f, I was just confused because the past winter i had flown in colder conditions and this never happened. I will wait a few more weeks till it warms up a little to try again.
Find a warm place, 80-85 deg, and let the batteries warm up for a few hours and keep them warm until you install them. Then give it a try. And....perhaps you are flying more aggressively this winter than you were last year.

I had that happen once as well,
took bat off charger, took off, less than 1 min. in I get a LB warning.
landed,
swapped bat.
put the "low" bat back on the charger - it reads 97% charged.
when it was full, I swapped back, it ran the normal time.
I've used it a couple times since without a problem.

I have a commercial flight to do tomorrow morning (booked for 10:30) and looking at the UAV Forecast it says that the temperature is going to be at 3c with a wind chill at -1c. Not a temperature I would normally fly at if doing a recreational flight but money is money and my client has been waiting for the flight for a while now (last week the weather was really grim in the U.K.).

What I'm going to do, then, is put the batteries into a plastic container along with one of those pocket warmers wrapped up in some tissue paper so that it doesn't come into direct contact with the batteries. That should keep the batteries nice and warm until I install them into the aircraft.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
x640536786