Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Battery Specs

Reaction score
All

Anyone know what the "C" rating of the Typhoon H battery is and maybe the Charge rate if this info is out there.

I'm not aware of the C rating being released to the public but the charge rate has been discussed in great detail in this forum. It's also well covered at battery technology websites. Charge at 1C.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Rayray
Since the default time to charge on the stock charger is 2hrs from empty, the factory charge rate is 0.5C, however the industry recognizes 1C as fine just as PatR indicated. A 1C charge rate will only take 1hr to charge.

The pack itself indicates a maximum charge rate of 1C.... however the pack's capacity is much higher than 5.4Ah

Hard to go wrong if you charge label capacity at a 1C rate. If the battery is larger than label the charge rate decreases proportional to the actual battery capacity increase. Worst that happens is someone will have to spend a few more minutes charging a battery. Someone in a real big hurry would prolly end up with bigger problems than charge time to deal with.

The battery chemistry dictates the charge termination voltage, and all modern, production chargers adhere to this, so there's no way to overcharge a pack per se - modern chargers will, however, let you charge without balancing which is when a particular cell in the pack becomes overcharged due to imbalance.
I charge my H packs at 5.4 amps, or 1C according to the packaging. In spite of the capacity printed on the pack, the true capacity is something like a whole Ah larger, so one could charge at 6.4 amps if they were so inclined.

I have charged at 6A with no ill effects but dialed it back to 5.4 since I try never to hurry.

Like many said 1C is fine, when I developed the charger adpaters months ago I charged it many times at 2C 12 amps and it didnt get warm at all. Took 30 min from empty to full!

It can take it.

Now im making some awesome high discharge li ion cells for the tray saving about 250 grams, a loooootttt of space and maintaining the factory capacity. Flight time should increase significantly as well as battery lifetime performance.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ardigitalmedia