Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Battery Storage Time

Reaction score
I have read a lot of posts about the proper procedure for storing batteries under a partial charge and not storing them fully charged. What I haven't heard discussed is how long a time period are we talking about. Is it a couple of days or weeks? If you plan on flying in a couple of days is it ok to go ahead and fully charge them of should you wait until right before you plan to use them? Considering the price of batteries, I don't want to damage them and like everyone else, I want to extend the life of them as much as I can. What is the opinion of you guys on this?

I can only speak on my experience with acro/racing drone batteries.....but here's my 2 cents:

If you change them fully, you should be fine for a day or so like that. If you're not going to fly for a few days, put them in storage mode.

It pays to find a nice charger that has a storage mode and will put it at the right voltage (approx 3.8 volts per cell or 11.4 for a 3 cell lipo).

I have read a lot of posts about the proper procedure for storing batteries under a partial charge and not storing them fully charged. What I haven't heard discussed is how long a time period are we talking about. Is it a couple of days or weeks? If you plan on flying in a couple of days is it ok to go ahead and fully charge them of should you wait until right before you plan to use them? Considering the price of batteries, I don't want to damage them and like everyone else, I want to extend the life of them as much as I can. What is the opinion of you guys on this?
two sites with good info on lipos
A Guide to Understanding LiPo Batteries
klpanagi/Pandora_Wiki

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
misterfantastic