Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Battery Storage

I just gotta ask , after seeing the video on the burning LiPo batteries , where does everyone keep theirs? In the house ? in the garage ? outside in the back yard ? If my wife had seen that video , I'd be living in the back yard....
Simplest thing is to get an army surplus ammo storage box and put them in there. I use LiPo bags, the same ones as in the picture and then put the bags in the container. You can get 3 bags in horizontally and one bag at the end vertically. Or, 3 bags horizontally, one in the H for a total of still 4 batteries and a small multi-meter in the ammo box to test batteries onsite if needed. When storing all of this at home, I keep it all in the ammo box, then keep it in a sand filled box by the door with a jug of premixed salt water and a bucket to pour the salt mix into if required to dispose of a bad battery.

***NOTE***Some have mentioned drilling a hole, I leave the lid unlatched and down unless it is in transit, then it is sealed.***ammo.jpgkxsb9502_a0.jpg

Last edited:
The ammunition boxes are great for storage. I am using them as well. The one in the image (200x7.62mm) proofed to be the best size.

Since they are waterproof remember to drill a whole or install a valve in order to allow pressure to escape. Otherwise the whole box might explode.

I just gotta ask , after seeing the video on the burning LiPo batteries , where does everyone keep theirs? In the house ? in the garage ? outside in the back yard ? If my wife had seen that video , I'd be living in the back yard....
I keep mine in a metal ammo box. I drilled a couple holes to relieve pressure in the case of a burnout. I keep it in a cool place in the house.

I keep mine in an Old
Ammo Box

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drakemerch33