Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Battery Stuck

Good Morning! So I went back into the drone and replaced the two extra screws I had left over from the first re-assembly. This time I'm happy to report there were no extra screws when I completed the job. It was dark by the time I finished yesterday, so waiting on the sun this morning to do this test flight. Hopefully the flight will go well, but either way i will send you the telemetry file for review. Will work on my right stick tendencies. ?

Reactions: AH-1G
Unfortunaltely there is no clear picture in the flight logs that explains the behaviour. There is no error reported by motor_status, IMU status or so.
There is a volage drop at 02:53:24 that may indicate a current peak. But I think it is not enough to speak about a short cut anywhere in the system. The voltage drop happens during massive changes in nick and roll of the copter. If flight controller works against that and increases and decreases motor speed rapidly then this also need power and this at a time where the battery is below 20% of capacity. From this point of view the voltrage drop is explainable at the end of the discharge curve of a LiPo.
VoltageDrop.png

The red line in the upper chart shows the moment where the stop button was pressed. The charts show only the last 3min of the flight.

However, I wouldn't thrust this battery any more. Seems to be an older one. It lost more than 30% of the capacity in the first 20s of the flight (and this was not an excessive flight) and was down after 13min low speed/low distance flight. I would say, it's better to draw this away and use a newer one.

br HE

Reactions: SkySpy
Great news, I still have a drone! The test flight with the battery in question went smoothly with no issues. Total flight time was around 16 minutes. When i noticed the battery indication had turned to yellow I landed. I removed the battery, no problem this time. I checked the battery temp with my IR reader. It was about 110 degrees in the center. Attaching my telemetry for review.

Attachments

• FlightLog.zip
    2.6 MB · Views: 2
Thank you for taking the time to give me this info. I had attached a photo of this battery in one of my earlier post. Someone pointed out that the first six numbers of the serial indicate the production date. Those numbers were 090115, however I have another battery ordered within weeks of this one. The numbers on that battery are 090120. I just received a replacement battery from Yuneec yesterday. This one also has 090120 as the first six numerals in the serial, so I'm thinking these numbers may not be production dates. This replacement battery is black. Could that mean it is from a newer production run?

May I send you a telemetry on these other two batteries? I'm beginning to have my doubts on how much i can depend on Yuneec's quality control.

The first 8 digits past the B so mm/dd/yyyy.

Many S/N’s include date and location encoded and are printed on barcode printers using thermal transfer ink tape on a plastic label.

Last edited:
The newer Q500 batterys I bought were all black and have the same connectors.

The latest set of telemetry is the same as the old. No new flight in. By the way: I would be good to set current Date/Time on the ST10+. It's helpful to assign what happened when in the flight logs. Here it looks like the flight logs are from 2014.

br HE

Reactions: AH-1G
The first 8 digits past the B so mm/dd/yyyy.

Many S/N’s include date and location encoded and are printed on barcode printers using thermal transfer ink tape on a plastic label.
Yes, and batteries such as these that provide such a critical function to the safe operation of these aircraft should all have the production date clearly printed on each one delivered.

Reactions: h-elsner
The newer Q500 batterys I bought were all black and have the same connectors.

The latest set of telemetry is the same as the old. No new flight in. By the way: I would be good to set current Date/Time on the ST10+. It's helpful to assign what happened when in the flight logs. Here it looks like the flight logs are from 2014.

br HE
Before I sent the file I noticed there did not seem to be a new log. Could I have not had the card in just right? Will try again to tomorrow. Will correct the time/date. Thank you!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
trepox