Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Battery Stuck

I was able to do these screen shots. Then it would not allow me to do more. Is there a cache i need to clear?

Attachments

• Telemetry 1.jpg
    Telemetry 1.jpg
    620.5 KB · Views: 5
  • Tele 2.jpg
    Tele 2.jpg
    619.2 KB · Views: 5
  • Tele 3.jpg
    Tele 3.jpg
    620 KB · Views: 5
  • Tele 4.jpg
    Tele 4.jpg
    619.7 KB · Views: 5
I was able to do srn shots of these then paste them into paint. I got these 4 then it stopped working. do i need to clear the cache or something?

Attachments

• Telemetry 1.jpg
    Telemetry 1.jpg
    620.5 KB · Views: 5
  • Tele 2.jpg
    Tele 2.jpg
    619.2 KB · Views: 5
  • Tele 3.jpg
    Tele 3.jpg
    620 KB · Views: 5
  • Tele 4.jpg
    Tele 4.jpg
    619.7 KB · Views: 4
I was able to do srn shots of these then paste them into paint. I got these 4 then it stopped working. do i need to clear the cache or something?
I don't think so, but you may be able to put more in another post. However, the screenshots are in the native CSV format. It would be very difficult to get data from them. The best is to figure out how to load the actual file, so the program can open it and display it in reviewable format.

That battery was manufactured 09/01/2016. Use the eight digits after the B for mm/dd/yyyy.

Once the telemetry gets opened by excel it is not going to work in Helmut’s telemetry analysis program. Delete what you have copied to the computer so far.

Connect the ST-10+ to the PC via a USB data cable. The storage on the ST-10 should then be accessible in File Explorer. Find the FlightLog folder and copy it to your Desktop. Now right click on the copy and select Send To, then select compressed folder. In the box that comes up name it SkySpyFL.zip. You should then have a file on the desktop named SkySpyFL.zip. Now click on the Attach files button and select the SkySpyFL.zip file. This is actually a little better as we will then have the Remote and RemoteGPS files to aid in the analysis.

Reactions: WTFDproject
Although I rename the file with the .txt extension, it seems to add the csv when i attach it. then it tells me it does not have an allowed extension.

Just do the one that creates the zip file The zip will post fine. You can get the program we use too. There is a sticky post in the General forum about reading telemetry files that has the link.

That battery was manufactured 09/01/2016. Use the eight digits after the B for mm/dd/yyyy.

Once the telemetry gets opened by excel it is not going to work in Helmut’s telemetry analysis program. Delete what you have copied to the computer so far.

Connect the ST-10+ to the PC via a USB data cable. The storage on the ST-10 should then be accessible in File Explorer. Find the FlightLog folder and copy it to your Desktop. Now right click on the copy and select Send To, then select compressed folder. In the box that comes up name it SkySpyFL.zip. You should then have a file on the desktop named SkySpyFL.zip. Now click on the Attach files button and select the SkySpyFL.zip file. This is actually a little better as we will then have the Remote and RemoteGPS files to aid in the analysis.

Thanks Doommeister! So, as I suspected, the batteries i purchased were not of recent production. Hmmmmm, Not what i want to hear when I'm flying my aircraft with them! Okay, I will try this method for the files.

Attached the controller to my windows 7 computer. It said the device drivers to not successfully load. I went to Check for Updates but that did not help. So I cannot see the files.

How did you access the files to get the screen shots. Use that same method to access the files on the SD card. You may be able to create the zip file directly from the SD card, or you may have to copy the entire directory to another location on your PC, and then zip the copy.

Okay Tom, i had returned the card to the controller to try this other method. I will get it back to the computer and copy the file. I haven't worked with zip files much. I may get with you when I'm there. Give me a few minutes.

Well Tom, I compressed the file. Tried attaching it, same result. I think our problem is that i do not have the proper microsoft license to work with these files.

Hey Doomeister, I looked at one of the batteries in the the photo I posted. This one, the one that got hot shows 09/01/15. I will need to find my receipt but that battery was purchased within the last couple of months if my my memory serves me well. Paying full price for a battery that has been sitting on the shelf that long seems very unfair to me. Not to mention that I thought I was getting a battery that I could depend on to fly my drone safely. I'm not too sure the FAA would be happy to hear about this! If this replacement is also that old Yuneec and I will have a little talk. Thanks again for showing me how to read the production date!

Surprisingly there were no motor warnings during flight 00030, there was a brief low voltage alarm at 40 meters altitude, and then as the descent to landing was taking place there was a low voltage alarm at about 7 meters immediately followed by a 2nd low voltage alarm.

The one thing I keep seeing in the telemetry are a lot of 2 and 3 second gaps with occasionally longer gaps. I am curious if there could be some problem with transmission from the aircraft or with the receiving circuit in the Ground Station.

Hello fellow pilots! For those of you following this thread here's my update. I just finished re-assembling my drone and found I had two extra screws. I thought about this for a moment then realized I know exactly where they should be. These are two of four screws that hold the terminal end of the battery compartment. So.....I know what I will be doing for the better part of an hour. I charged the battery in question outdoors and at a distance as recommended by WTFDproject. I used the factory charger instead of the HiTech X2 I usually use. The charge was normal. Battery temp was only slightly higher than ambient throughout the process. Should I risk flying this battery again? I had my telemetry record reviewed by members of this forum. Everything looked fairly normal accept for an abrupt drop in voltage about the time the prop seems to have broke. They are not sure if one issue caused the other. Did the broken prop overheat the battery or did the overheated battery break the prop? I'm thinking about flying at low level without the camera to see if the battery overheats again. This is a new battery, ordered directly from yuneec. I want to make sure it has problems before i discard it. Since this battery is new, can i be sure it's replacement will be any better? Hopefully I will still have a drone for my next post!?

Good move removing the camera and let’s hope the flight goes well. You do need to lighten up on the right stick a bit. The telemetry for the Remote (ST-10+) shows you have a tendency to pull slightly off center for the roll.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sierrarhodesss