Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Battery timing fun...

Reaction score
Well since I am easily entertained I figured I would time one of my batteries. Full charge to critical.
This is the Ultra-x 6300.
I got just about 18.5 minutes.
Screenshot_20190308-180231_Clock.jpeg

For a little more fun, can you establish what the constant current load the battery was subjected to for the test, and the end of test voltage while under load?

How is a piece of string, too many variables, it could of been just hovering above you, lots of pilots aren't getting that long.

How is a piece of string, too many variables, it could of been just hovering above you, lots of pilots aren't getting that long.
Best I've got on a 'normal' flight (a flight where i flew around getting video, not flying aggressively and temp around 20c) was 18 minutes from full charge to 14.3v first warning.

Best I've done in a 'hover' type test flight was just a little shy of 20 minutes on a spanking new fully charged battery to first warning.

These days, landing at 14.5 to 14.6v I expect anything between 11 minutes and 14 minutes depending on how warm it is and the sort of flying I'm doing. These days I will never take the battery down to first warning.

I mixed low hover with full throttle up to about 50 feet in elevation.
(Straight up then straight down repeatedly)
I'm going to test the Yuneec battery under the same conditions.

I mixed low hover with full throttle up to about 50 feet in elevation.
(Straight up then straight down repeatedly)
I'm going to test the Yuneec battery under the same conditions.
In what way will that test say anything at all?

To help you, and everyone else out a little. If you’re of a mind to do it again, note the starting and ending voltages of the battery. End voltage would be nice to see done with load and no load voltage. Also nice would be to learn how many milliamps were replaced in the battery to bring it back to full charge state afterwards.

If you don’t have the tools to establish load, a mention of the aircraft type with it’s payload and how it was flown would be helpful for many. Current load is of critical importance as the load determines how long the battery will last. A 6300mA battery used to fly a multirotor might last 15 minutes before reaching critical depletion under a 3 or more amp load but the same battery used to power another device continuously at 1 amp or less would last for an hour or more because of reduced current load.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wccannabis