Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Before you fly! (Fun quiz) : Can you answer these questions?

Reaction score
Steve (Moderator) and I worked on a few questions to help all pilots understand the Breeze operation and functions. Many mishaps occur because we don't understand what will happen when we start pushing buttons or flying the Breeze. Take this short Quiz and test your knowledge!!

1) If your phone does not have dual band wifi, can you still fly the Breeze?

a. What wifi band (frequency) is needed to fly the Breeze?

2) At what height will the Breeze hover when it takes off? Can you adjust this height?

3) How do you set your RTH (Return To Home) height, and what is the current setting?

a. What will happen when you push the RTH button, and how do you cancel it?

4) What determines how high the Breeze fly’s in Journey mode?

5) In Orbit mode, what happens? At what distance will the Breeze orbit you?

a. How do you stop Orbit mode?

6) How do you tell if you have a GPS connection?

a. About how many satellites will the phone see in the Breeze App?

7) If you have no GPS signal, will the Breeze still fly?

8) When flying indoors, how many GPS satellites do you need for safe flight? (The answer is ‘none’, why?)

9) When you FIRST power on the Breeze Controller using an iPhone/iPad what button(s) do you need to push on the controller? With an Android phone?

a. What indication do you get when the Controller connects to the phone?

10) Where, in the Breeze App, does it show how far, and high, you can fly?

a. What is the current setting?

b. Why might you set it for less than the maximum?

11) If you push the throttle stick all the way down, and hold it, will the Breeze land itself?

12) Why should you start the landing procedure before reaching the low battery warning?

13) When should your recalibrate your Breeze? (go through the calibration process?)

If you answered these questions correctly you have a very good chance of not crashing - have fun!

Last edited:
Hey , I aced this test!!!:rolleyes:

Great job Scott, glad you came up with this idea. Looking forward to more in the near future ( about a month should be good ).

Reactions: Lobo9611
Steve (Moderator) and I worked on a few questions to help all pilots understand the Breeze operation and functions. Many mishaps occur because we don't understand what will happen when we start pushing buttons or flying the Breeze. Take this short Quiz and test your knowledge!!

2) At what height will the Breeze hover when it takes off? Can you adjust this height?

3) How do you set your RTH (Return To Home) height, and what is the current setting?

8) When flying indoors, how many GPS satellites do you need for safe flight? (The answer is ‘none’, why?)

9) When you FIRST power on the Breeze Controller using an iPhone/iPad what button(s) do you need to push on the controller? With an Android phone?

11) If you push the throttle stick all the way down, and hold it, will the Breeze land itself?

12) Why should you start the landing procedure before reaching the low battery warning?

13) When should your recalibrate your Breeze? (go through the calibration process?)

If you answer for these questions correctly you have a very good chance of not crashing - have fun!
"Can you answer these questations?" If I say "No" or "Not at all", where are the answers? :)
Anyway great questations... Thanks [emoji106]

"Can you answer these questations?" If I say "No" or "Not at all", where are the answers? :)
Anyway great questations... Thanks [emoji106]

We debated having the answers at the end of the post and decided against it. Having people go to the manual or search for answers on the forum or on the web seemed a better idea. We may post the answers when we publish a new set of questions. Probably by mid May.

what do you mean with 6a ? the app doesn't show how many satellites the phone has locked in

Great quiz....much information for one to go thru with the breeze. I see this as a Before Flight eval
that insures a good base knowledge of your craft.
What is asked can be found in the manuals and on line. Knowledge tends to keep one flying and not grounded...literally. I did go online and down loaded the breeze manual to my iphone used while flying.
Rick

Great quiz....much information for one to go thru with the breeze. I see this as a Before Flight eval
that insures a good base knowledge of your craft.
What is asked can be found in the manuals and on line. Knowledge tends to keep one flying and not grounded...literally. I did go online and down loaded the breeze manual to my iphone used while flying.
Rick

When you are in the Tasks on Breeze Cam, there is a help “?” in each Task Mode (Selfie, Journey, Orbit, Follow Me, Pilot, and Controller) that launches the first time you use that mode of flight. It guides you through the operation and safety points for each mode. If you haven’t used a mode in a while and are unsure of exactly how it operates, just tap the “?” and review the help for that mode. Many of the quiz answers are actually found there.

If you answered these questions correctly you have a very good chance of not crashing - have fun!
Congratulations Guys,
Great test for all pilots if you do not know the answers check your breeze cam for answers educate yourself you will enjoy the hobby much more.
Jerry l.

Reactions: DoomMeister
Many of these questions are not in either of the supplied Breeze manuals...especially #3, 4.

So what are the answers? I've looked everywhere via Google. Where else can I look?

Not a "fun" quiz if answers are unknowable, unsearchable.

Last edited:
Many of these questions are not in either of the supplied Breeze manuals...especially #3, 4.

So what are the answers? I've looked everywhere via Google. Where else can I look?

Not a "fun" quiz if answers are unknowable, unsearchable.

The answers are actually found in the Breeze Cam app itself. All the modes are explained in the Help files (?) under each flight mode.

5C68F796-D765-40C1-9083-DE201CF11579.jpeg

The RTH value is found in the Drone Settings. This should be set to clear the highest obstacle in the area you are flying in with 10 to 15 feet extra for safety.

The Journey mode question is a bit tricky as you cannot set the height directly. You position the Breeze at your desired start point with the camera tilted to center you in the field of view. You then set the distance for the Breeze to travel away from you. As it travels out it will do so along the Angle the camera is set to. If you set things so the camera is at 45 degrees and travel is set to 100 feet, then then Breeze will be at 100 feet altitude + the height at the start of the Journey. If the camera is level, the Breeze will not gain any altitude.

The biggest point to be made by the quiz is that the answers are in the Breeze Cam app itself. Including the paper manuals that came with the aircraft and controller.

Reactions: airborne
Great Quiz. Didn't you have quiz like this last year? I was able to answer all of the questions. But, that's because before I flew my first Breeze last year I read all of the posts by people who didn't read the manual, the forum, or watch any video about the Breeze. It might take me a little longer to get started but, I have a lot more confidence when I am able to fly . It's a great machine when it works. I'm on my second Breeze and I hope to get the updates finished soon!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval