Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Best 4k video editing software

Maybe. But doesn't that piece of software run somewhere around $500-700? Ouch!
And the rest. You get what you pay for and I doubt its as cheap as that.

Best 4k video editing software?

The "Best" editing software is Adobe Premiere Pro. Why?

1. Intuitive and easy to use.
  2. Creative Support - There are many books and online tutorials on Premiere Pro.
  3. Supports the CUDA graphics engine (GeForce video card hardware solution). You can buy an inexpensive video card for your PC that will turn your computer into a rendering giant!
  4. Interfaces with Adobe After Effects, Illustrator and Photoshop. I can do a graphic in Illustrator, animate it in After Effects, then bring the comp into Premiere, all while keeping the original files. If I make a change in Illustrator it will automatically propagate through all the applications seamlessly.
  5. Native 4K support right out of the box. No need to download or worry about whether the latest format will work or not. Adobe is always at the forefront of technology.
  6. Adobe Media Encoder is the best quality render engine. You have unlimited settings and options. It's easy to set up a batch render project and make simple changes without having to go back into Premiere.
There are cheaper solutions out there but I don't believe that was the question. For $50/month you can get the entire Adobe Creative Suite. Photoshop, Illustrator and Premiere alone are worth it. Add in Dreamweaver for the web, InDesign for print and Lightroom for photos and it's a no-brainer for any pro.

If you're an amateur looking to save some money then I'd recommend Adobe Premiere Elements. I've taught both Premiere Elements and Premiere Photoshop at the local community collage with great success. I use "Adobe Classroom in a Book" for all my classes. If you go through the book by the time you finish you will be more than qualified to edit video at a near professional level.

IMPORTANT - 4K playback speed is hardware dependent. This means you can buy the best software in the world and it won't playback smoothly unless you have the hardware to support it. You need a very fast CPU and hard drive to playback 4K video. You also need a nice video card. If you want to work with 4K video you have to invest in the right hardware. I personally prefer to build my own computers. That way I can configure them with the best components, at the best price.

Good luck everyone!

Last edited:
Reactions: Cristian
You may also want to look into BlackMagic's DaVinci Resolve. It's used my many professional studios and they have a free version (OSX and Windows) that meets most of our needs.

I don't want the "best", I want what works without paying through the nose. Also, not having CUDA compliant video card on my PC knocks Adobe Premiere out.

What is the best value is my question. I've used freeware for some things that work just as well as commercially available software, but haven't done much with video stuff.

I was using Sony Vegas, Wondershare Filmora now I use Adobe Premiere Pro CC the most important thing is having a computer that can handle the 4K editing.

My RIG

custom built:
WIndows 7 Ultimate 64BIT
Seagate 1TB Hybrid Drive (SSD+HD)
6 case fans 3 in 3 out
16gigs ddr3 memory (PNY XLR8)
intel i5 6600K
cooler master hyper 212 evo
cooler master 1000 w power supply
EVGA NVIDIA GeForce GT 730 2gb DDR3

I will also cast my vote for Adobe Premiere Pro. Anyone serious about video uses this. Everything Oregon said is correct.

You can get a subscription for $50/month (1 year commitment) for everything or just pay them $20/month for one application. If you have a student email address you can also get a discount and get the entire suite for $30/month.

Premiere Pro is fantastic. It has endless options or can be as simple as cut and paste if you are new. AME (encoder for premiere) is just phenomenal. If you use MAC I have heard from others that Final Cut Pro is a great option.

Hi, advice please on video software

I am using video at 4k to survey buildings and currently just using Media Player to get stills from the video.

Any recommendations or suggestions for the best editing software?

Being able to crop in live while playing the video and re record would be good.

Cheers

Mike
Members of my Video club use this MAGIX Movie Edit Pro 2016 – Video editing . It is not expensive and works well.

Hi, advice please on video software

I am using video at 4k to survey buildings and currently just using Media Player to get stills from the video.

Any recommendations or suggestions for the best editing software?

Being able to crop in live while playing the video and re record would be good.

Cheers

Mike
What do you, "crop in live." Do you mean zoom in? That's pretty much any professional editing software.. Premiere, Final Cut Pro do that pretty smoothly.

Adobe so far has the best applications of filters/plugins that suits drone footage, but any of the prosumer packages--Sony, FCPX, Blackmagic (but very buggy), are very good.

One thing Premiere has on the others is likely the lowest CPU/GPU resource needs to run it smoothly, even on a laptop. Otherwise, if you have the computer h/w, might as well consider an Avid setup as it support virtually every encode/decode spec out there. You should consider that if you're thinking of editing on a consumer computer.

I use PowerDirector 14. Currently on special too I believe! :)
I use it as well and it is really simple to use.
Hey guys I've got this software and everything I do in it comes out grainy. I know I'm doing something wrong but can't figure it out. Can you people suggest and links and/or tutorials on this product? So far what I've found on YouTube ain't helping.:(

HASHTAG #SPLICE FOR IPAD. Went searching for something to deal with the 4K videos from H and I did not like most of the results. Tried the Sony and it works but he process times can make you kill yourself if you have a consumer class computer and since I am no pro, I just wanted something I could trim and merge stuff like Imovie for IPAD. When I uploaded the video to my Ipad, and ran it i Imovie, it puked and said oh nay nay wrong codec or some such. BUT I did find something that works pretty well. There is an IOS IPAD application called SPLICE. Splice was recently bought by GoPro. It pulled the H video straight in and Sticks a little Gopro Tag on the end of it, puts up some music boom boom fast. The neat thing is that the output is fully Ipad compatible including Imovie. Believe the output is 1080P. Did not like the editor at first but I am beginning to warm up to it. It is pretty easy. got a lot of free music selections and you can push your video straight to Youtube from it. You can even edit off the GoPro tag at the end if you don't want it.. (I think). After that if you have a favorite 1080P editor it will take the output from Splice just fine. I would not mention it but the process seems pretty quick and easy and I am pretty impatient. I had the whole thing done in about 15 minutes the first time.

Best 4k video editing software?

The "Best" editing software is Adobe Premiere Pro. Why?

1. Intuitive and easy to use.
  2. Creative Support - There are many books and online tutorials on Premiere Pro.
  3. Supports the CUDA graphics engine (GeForce video card hardware solution). You can buy an inexpensive video card for your PC that will turn your computer into a rendering giant!
  4. Interfaces with Adobe After Effects, Illustrator and Photoshop. I can do a graphic in Illustrator, animate it in After Effects, then bring the comp into Premiere, all while keeping the original files. If I make a change in Illustrator it will automatically propagate through all the applications seamlessly.
  5. Native 4K support right out of the box. No need to download or worry about whether the latest format will work or not. Adobe is always at the forefront of technology.
  6. Adobe Media Encoder is the best quality render engine. You have unlimited settings and options. It's easy to set up a batch render project and make simple changes without having to go back into Premiere.
There are cheaper solutions out there but I don't believe that was the question. For $50/month you can get the entire Adobe Creative Suite. Photoshop, Illustrator and Premiere alone are worth it. Add in Dreamweaver for the web, InDesign for print and Lightroom for photos and it's a no-brainer for any pro.

If you're an amateur looking to save some money then I'd recommend Adobe Premiere Elements. I've taught both Premiere Elements and Premiere Photoshop at the local community collage with great success. I use "Adobe Classroom in a Book" for all my classes. If you go through the book by the time you finish you will be more than qualified to edit video at a near professional level.

IMPORTANT - 4K playback speed is hardware dependent. This means you can buy the best software in the world and it won't playback smoothly unless you have the hardware to support it. You need a very fast CPU and hard drive to playback 4K video. You also need a nice video card. If you want to work with 4K video you have to invest in the right hardware. I personally prefer to build my own computers. That way I can configure them with the best components, at the best price.

Good luck everyone!

I'm pretty fluent in Premiere, Photoshop, Illustrator and inDesign but have no experience with After Effects, would you happen to know of any good resources, videos perhaps, that do a good job explaining everything I'd need for animating logos?

Been using PowerDirector 11, have not upgraded yet, but version 11 edits 4K just fine.
Always has been a solid editor and no crashes like some others I have tried.

Not a bad price for power director either JL. May run the trial if you think a non video pro would like it. Thanks

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jesster0430