Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Best Video Settings / Best SD Card

Reaction score
I know these topics have been covered before, but just wondering if recommendations have changed with experience?

Best video settings?
For aerial video? No 4k monitor, so is it a waste to record in 4096x2160F25?
I've been using 1920x1080F60 with decent success.

Best SD Card?
Watch out for cheap fakes.
Been using a variety including Samsung EVO+ 64 Class 10.
Again, I do not have a 4k monitor so should that influence my video setting and choice of SD card?

Thanks for you input.

I know these topics have been covered before, but just wondering if recommendations have changed with experience?

Best video settings?
For aerial video? No 4k monitor, so is it a waste to record in 4096x2160F25?
I've been using 1920x1080F60 with decent success.

Best SD Card?
Watch out for cheap fakes.
Been using a variety including Samsung EVO+ 64 Class 10.
Again, I do not have a 4k monitor so should that influence my video setting and choice of SD card?

Thanks for you input.

Remember that you can never go back and upsize a 1080 video to 4K... If you shoot at 1080 that's what you have.
But if you shoot in 4K, make a 1080 mp4 copy to use now and archive that 4K original, it will be available when
you upgrade your computer and monitor to handle 4K in the future.

Last edited:
Use the best card you can get or afford. Better the U3, particularly if you shoot 4K. However, if you are only going to shoot 1080F then a good quality class 10 card will suffice.

I agree with an earlier comment about shooting in 4K even if you haven't the equipment to view 4K footage. You can edit the footage and downscale to 1080 to view it and, ironically, the rendered footage will actually be of slightly better quality than it would have been if shot at 1080 originally.

I shoot most of my stuff at 1080F 30fps and only shoot 4K if a client specifically requests the footage to be 4K. Like you my computer screen isn't 4K and my computer struggles to run 4K, but I have a video editor that will handle 4K so I can see the 4K footage through that editor's viewer and output 4K for a client, and downscale to 1080 for normal viewing on my computer. A bit of buggering around which, I suppose, would be better solved by upgrading my computer.

U3 for sure. Here's a U3 64 for a great price; I have 3 of them now. Actually cheaper than a 32, which seems crazy.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B06XX29S9Q/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

What is more telling is the chart at the bottom that compares different Samsung models... crucial for our use is specifically
the write speed, and the variation of write speed between different GB capacity drives in the same model series. IMHO,
based on that chart, 2 of the Samsung Pro Select 32 GB cards is the best bang for the buck. $55.00 for the redundancy
of 2 cards and (by a significant amount), the fastest write speed they offer at 90 MB/s.

I use Sandisk Pro 32 and have always recorded in 4K. I usually bring it down to 1080p for editing and can then adjust my image by zooming in 100% and get a perfect balance of the image.

I use a samsung U3 64 gig card. I've never gotten close to filling it. I shoot 4k 30fps and then convert to 1080P on the computer. I find the 4k quality is better than just recording directly to 1080P.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wiebeedigital