Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Best mobile charger (to also use at home)

Reaction score
Looking at Venom chargers for 4 batteries.

Looking downrange, I see the need to have a quality charge on the go. Will have an inverter installed here shortly in my rig (buddy has one hard mounted in his truck already for charging our still and motion gear and it works great.)

Was looking at this Venom for the form factor, makes lots of sense to be able to drop in and not look for cords/adapters. but doesnt have an info screen
Amazon.com: Venom Pro Typhoon H 4-Port LiPo Battery Balance Charger with Dual USB Outputs: Toys & Games

then I saw this one, has the info screen and looks to be more mobile with armored construction and a handle, but I have to deal with additional cables....
Amazon.com: Venom Pro Quad 400 Watt (100W x 4) 7 Amp 4-Port AC/DC Multi-Chemistry LiPo, LiHV, NiMH Battery Balance Charger with Two 5V 2.3A USB Outputs with XT60, Deans, HXT, Tamyia, EC3, JST: Toys & Games

How important is the battery management info? Will the 4 port do what I need or is it it better to have the screen but deal with cables?

If there's another one that works better for my out battery system, please lmk.

Cheers!
Mike

I dont have other Lipos to charge, only planing on this one type for the forseeable future.

Sorry... IR... Internal Resistance. A high Internal Resistance causes energy
from the battery to be transferred into heat. Less energy for the running the
motors, results in shorter flight times, and the production of internal gases
that cause the battery to show signs of "puffing".

All bad things for long life of a battery. I did not pay close enough attention
to this in the first few months of using my H, and have already replaced
a couple of batteries... such is the price for learning. Since the charger
I mentioned did not read IR, I purchased this voltage/IR meter to take care
of that shortcoming:

Amazon.com: Smart Battery Meter, 5 in 1 Battery Tester, Balancer, Discharger and Servo/ESC/PPM Tester: Toys & Games

Last edited:
Reactions: photomike72
Only other thing to look at is Discharge rate.
My Hitec X2 charger does all things very well except discharge.
When all your batteries are fully charged, and you find out you won't be flying for a week or better, discharging them to storage voltage is a pain. Most chargers won't discharge to storage voltage very fast. Mine takes about 4 hours for the Typhoon H battery.
As far as reading internal resistance, I would NOT buy a charger that did not have that feature.

Agreed, but since I had already purchased this one I also purchased this voltage/IR meter:

Amazon.com: Smart Battery Meter, 5 in 1 Battery Tester, Balancer, Discharger and Servo/ESC/PPM Tester: Toys & Games
Looking at using this meter and the 4 slot charger.

Do you need an extra cable to plug the Typhoon batts into the reader and if so is it included? Does this one's display light up? Looks to be the same as this one here.

Amazon.com: Jrelecs® 2.1" Screen RC Cell Meter-8 Digital Battery Capacity Checker For LiPo/LiFe/Li-ion/NiCd/NiMH: Toys & Games

Thanks or all for the help guys!!

Yeah that looks like the same meter, under a different brand name. When I got this setup,
I had a second Yuneec charger stand that had been modified by another board member
with the necessary cables attached. So I use that one modified charger with the meter,
for checking the IR in all my batteries.

If you do not want to play with soldering leads and such, you will need one on these cables...

Yuneec Typhoon H Battery Plug Cable for Chargers

You might want to do a search on Amazon for a similar cable adapter.

I prefer chargers that permit charging many different chemistries that will have many different power fittings. Having a selection of different adaptors is required to fulfill that requirement.

I prefer chargers that permit charging many different chemistries that will have many different power fittings. Having a selection of different adaptors is required to fulfill that requirement.

What charger are you using PatR?

I really like the jsuni icharger 406duo. It gives great monitoring and flexibility to setup more advanced charging configurations. It allows for configuring a discharge resistor bank and requires a separate PSU.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zuhoouk