Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Better and longer video usb streaming transmitter for gopro !

Reaction score
Hello everyone , I have a great question to be answered

so the wireless transmitter it came with kinda dies out after going about 70ft out in distance

I want to get a distance of 500ft or very very close to it , please can some one help me with this

flying it only 70 feet away is pretty boring , right ? i have enough property that goes out like 200ft out
so I need to expand my video transmitter !

CAN ANYONE HELP ME OR DIRECT ME TO WHAT I SHOULD GET ?

Interesting, my first unit wouldn't provide video beyond 40 feet due to a faulty MK58 downlink. Yuneec suggested I exchange the entire thing so I did and I got a replacement yesterday. I'm happy to say that the video downlink issue is fixed (whole different set of issues now though :(). I changed the max range to 122m (400ft) to mimic the altitude setting and I was able to easily walk that far away from it while it sat on the ground during my test. It had plenty more distance to go too. You should be able to get 500ft+ on the stock MK58 downlink without issue. Depending on when and where you got it, I suggest getting in touch with Yuneec or your retailer to see what they can do for you. Good Luck!

Reactions: HelderM
I too have very short range for my video. Anything past 70-80 ft and video freezes on the ST10.
I made sure bluetooth and wifi were off on my cell phone too so as to avoid any interference with the video signal.

Last edited:
Try connecting a dual band wifi device to the MK58 and see what kind of signal range you can get. At least can rule out the ST10 if it behaves the same on your mobile device.

On a side note, I just did a better range test yesterday on my latest replacement. Was able to maintain video downlink signal beyond 1300' at an altitude of 280' and still had two bars for wifi signal strength. Much better.

I actually have 2 typhoon G's and 2 ST10+'s. I did a swap on the MK58's with not much improvement so I'll try the other ST10 + tomorrow. What would make the ST10+ have a weak signal?
Can I Check or improve it?

Try connecting a dual band wifi device to the MK58 and see what kind of signal range you can get. At least can rule out the ST10 if it behaves the same on your mobile device.

What would a dual band wifi device be?

Have you guys checked to ensure the wireless antenna is correctly attached and protruding down from the aircraft?

Yes, the antenna is attached and hanging down. I felt a slight snap when the antenna was connected to the MK58 and checked it on BOTH modules I tested. I'll test the other ST10 today after work.

kantcme,

How did you do this? "...... changed the max range to 122m (400ft)"
How did you change the "Max Range"?

Via the Q500 GUI under calibration. This only applies to smart mode and is set to 91m by default.

Via the Q500 GUI under calibration. This only applies to smart mode and is set to 91m by default.
Thanks, I'll have a look at that as well.
I tried my other ST10+ and it has a much better reception than the other one.
What is it within the ST10 that is causing the short range?
Antenna placement?
Isolation of signal wires?
Grabbing at straws here.
I have, however as a result of all this, ordered the kit from CD to put an end to this nonsense.
I want to fly and SEE what I'm taking videos of.
Hopefully none of this will be an issue with the "H" when it comes out.
I plan on making it my next purchase but need to get feedback from those that MUST be on the "bleeding edge" of this new frontier.

DOH!

I just did a search here for ST10 and viola!
Led me to check the firmware on BOTH my ST10+'s and BOTH were out of date.
One was at level 21c and the other at level 24c.
Latest version is 29c.
Guess what I'm doing next???
Stay tuned for results.

Great to hear!

The first thing I did when I got my Typhoon was to update the firmware.

The 29c release just came out last week so the 24c release was the latest since fall of last year. Not sure what was in the latest ST10+ firmware build but it does seem like the battery warning's start much later then previous.

Also, I seem to recall reading some where at some time in a place far away :p that a person opened up their ST10 to find one of the antenna wires laying across components which was causing interference. For the life of me I can't find it now, but they simply rerouted it and signal improved. If worse comes to worse, send the one ST10 back to Yuneec for replacement since you have the other and can easily bind between birds unless you have a need to fly both at the same time.

Is there a replacement for the MK58 transmitter?
Any recommendations or how to's?
I've seen improved transmission ranges by using a "Cloverleaf" antenna but the MK58 has an uncommon antenna connector.
I'm considering replacing the whole thing.

Hello everyone , I have a great question to be answered

so the wireless transmitter it came with kinda dies out after going about 70ft out in distance

I want to get a distance of 500ft or very very close to it , please can some one help me with this

flying it only 70 feet away is pretty boring , right ? i have enough property that goes out like 200ft out
so I need to expand my video transmitter !

CAN ANYONE HELP ME OR DIRECT ME TO WHAT I SHOULD GET ?

I had a similar problem with the first Typhoon G I picked up. I would get about 10 to 20 ft away and it would lose connection. It was still within the period to take back to the store and I exchanged it for another Typhoon G. Straight out of the box, there were some differences (things like it came with the lanyard for the ST10 which the previous box hadn't). I just flew it this weekend and had no issues with video downlink. I was able to get out past 560+ feet in the same location where I previously lost video link at like 20 ft or once it was airborne.

Well....... I did it.
I replaced the MK58 antenna with an AOMWAY 5.8G 3dBi RP-SMA Male Four Lobe RHCP antenna.
THEN on the ST10+ I tried the Itelite setup from CD and it was better but still not what I was looking for.
So NOW I have the kit from FPVLR.com on the ST10+ and WOW! NOW WERE TALKIN!
I added the boosters too and the WiFi indicator stays pegged and the downlink signal is at 9 all the time.
Haven't done a long range test yet but this is the best I've seen so far.
I tried to get a replcement MK58 direct from Yunnec but was told they are out of them or they would send me one and to call back in a couple weeks to see if they have them again and they would send me one.
Try THAT with DJI.

Waiting for it to warm up today to do another test flight.
I removed the Itelite antenna kit and installed the FPVLR kit only to find that I had the 2.4 and 5.8 antennas swapped after the test flight didn't go too far LOL.. Also talked to Tony at FPVLR and he said to reconnect the ONE 2.4 internal antenna that goes across the handle (Left to right) to keep a load on the transmitter so it don't fry and to improve direct overhead control.
Results to follow. It's only 20 degrees right now.....C'MON AND WARM UP!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval